News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Hey spags. I haven't been, and probably won't be, on much. I have a higher classload and being mostly self-employed I have more than enough to keep me busy and this place is very, very distracting. I'm working on some stories I'll post once I'm satisfied with them. I think you'd like them, they're seriously fucked up.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Toodles.

PS: Might to the thing with the cool kids as I'm able because that sound's like fun.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 09, 2012, 12:03:41 AM
Well, I'm at the studio again, and I've got the wireless.  What now, bitches?

DO THAT SHIT.

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF WALL!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sita

Tomorrow I should be getting a call.
This call will be to do a couple hours office work and get paid $50 for it.

I'm really hoping this happens. Could really use it right now.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sita on October 09, 2012, 01:15:18 AM
Tomorrow I should be getting a call.
This call will be to do a couple hours office work and get paid $50 for it.

I'm really hoping this happens. Could really use it right now.

Good luck, Sita.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 09, 2012, 01:00:16 AM

DO THAT SHIT.

Dammit.

The wall keeps moving.

STAND STILL, WILL YE!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 09, 2012, 01:19:26 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 09, 2012, 01:00:16 AM

DO THAT SHIT.

Dammit.

The wall keeps moving.

STAND STILL, WILL YE!

Then one day, when you're really cooking along, it suddenly stops.  :lulz:

LMNO

Lenin McCarthy

Prague is ridiculously cheap for a Norwegian who's used to having to live cheap for two weeks to afford one night out. Especially outside the fancier places in the town centre.

The result? Way too many shots, and amiably yelling inappropriate things at Germans. "Du bist ein Arschloch, mein freund!"

Freeky

OH SNAP, HABBY BIRFDAY, ALTYSPAG!!!!

MY HANDS.  THEY ITCH SO MUCH.  I CURSE YOU, MOSQUITOES BRED IN THIS HOUSE'S COOLING SYSTEM!! :argh!: :argh!:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Wait... How many feckin birthdays does alty have???

Twid
pretty sure he had one a couple of weeks ago

on a side note i am finding comfort in actively being religious again rather than just passively. I must admit though catholicism was a good place to start due to familiarity and the ability to mumble some words and be done with it. Good timing too. The anniversary of my grandmothers passing is approaching. Ill always remember it. She died on the anniversary of my original renunciation of christianity as  whole. I had been a pagan for exactly 14 years when she died (october 16 which was a full moon in 1997).
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on October 09, 2012, 02:37:42 AM
Prague is ridiculously cheap for a Norwegian who's used to having to live cheap for two weeks to afford one night out. Especially outside the fancier places in the town centre.

The result? Way too many shots, and amiably yelling inappropriate things at Germans. "Du bist ein Arschloch, mein freund!"

Outside Wenceslas Square, you should be OK budget wise.  Just keep your hands on your wallet when wandering the Old City.

I was also amused by how beer is apparently sold on every street corner in Prague.  As in, quite literally out on the street.  I found their attitude to alcohol refreshing.

Also, it's 6:50, which means it is GO TIME. 

LMNO

tyrannosaurus vex

The best part of working in Utah is walking into the office with some coffee and receiving weird looks like I'm carrying a fifth of whiskey and smoking a joint.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.