Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

It's pretty damn good.  I added the only critique I have, except that maybe the sentences are a tad choppy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 18, 2012, 08:22:27 PM
Thanks- not sure how to fix choppy

Run on sentences are bad.  Choppy is worse, it fatigues the reader.

If you have to err, err on the side of long sentences.

Nephew Twiddleton

Luna

I don't get it.

I really don't.

I mean...  I'm seeing a new guy, well, shit, it's been over six months, now, and it still feels new.  Things are awesome... 

Got a new job...  Temp position, and the commute sucks, but there's a chance that it'll be a permanent position paying darn near what I'm actually worth.  (Though I'm getting the vibe that it may not turn out...  Sucky commute makes that almost okay, actually.)

Why to I keep dropping back into being depressed?  Shut yourself in the apartment, turn out the lights, curl up in a ball on the couch, and just stare at the shadows on the wall depressed?

I keep catching myself dragging up all the shit with the NYEX and re-analyzing it... which is pretty fucking worthless, and I KNOW this (both him, and the re-hashing of the shitstorm). 

I don't get WHY...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

Its because of the 2012 freaks. Their working with two calendars at once made it february.

Nephew Twiddleton

Im at the pour house in back bay having a beer.

Why?

Cuz i havent been here in ages and i dont feel like shit today. Today i feel like having a drink because it would be fun to go to an old haunt and get a bit o the nostalgia. Not because i feel like being numb.

Luna

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 19, 2012, 12:36:52 AM
Im at the pour house in back bay having a beer.

Why?

Cuz i havent been here in ages and i dont feel like shit today. Today i feel like having a drink because it would be fun to go to an old haunt and get a bit o the nostalgia. Not because i feel like being numb.

This is a good thing.

I have a bottle of Crabbie's Ginger Beer here, at home.  I have already given Suu whatfor for not telling me about this stuff.

You Britspags who've been keeping this to yourselves?  Fuck each and every last one of you.  Sideways, and pointy ends first.

I LOVE this shit.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

To be fair we withheld an american beer from them that one of them said was surprisingly good. I dont know which non north american here posted it or when exactly it was but i do remember roger saying "thats not for you. Give it back." or maybe it was dok. Or it couldve been suu. Or all three.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on October 18, 2012, 11:18:23 PM
I don't get it.

I really don't.

I mean...  I'm seeing a new guy, well, shit, it's been over six months, now, and it still feels new.  Things are awesome... 

Got a new job...  Temp position, and the commute sucks, but there's a chance that it'll be a permanent position paying darn near what I'm actually worth.  (Though I'm getting the vibe that it may not turn out...  Sucky commute makes that almost okay, actually.)

Why to I keep dropping back into being depressed?  Shut yourself in the apartment, turn out the lights, curl up in a ball on the couch, and just stare at the shadows on the wall depressed?

I keep catching myself dragging up all the shit with the NYEX and re-analyzing it... which is pretty fucking worthless, and I KNOW this (both him, and the re-hashing of the shitstorm). 

I don't get WHY...

Hmmm... any chance it's related to seasonal affective disorder?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on October 18, 2012, 07:00:04 PM
Kai went and got blood work done this morning. So, there goes step 1.

Oh good! Any preliminary results?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Man Green on October 19, 2012, 12:57:52 AM
I don't get it.

I really don't.

I don't get WHY...

Possible, I suppose...  I mean, for the past couple years, I had REASONS to be depressed around the holidays.  Last year, I was living alone, trying to decide if I was going to barricade myself in or inflict my miserable ass on my friends.  The year before that, I was preparing to walk away from my marriage.  And for years before that, it was sitting around the house with my husband, pretending to appreciate the pile of gifts that barely scored "meh" on the wow scale.  (Note:  It's not that they weren't expensive, or anything...  It's that it usually looked like he'd jogged down the aisle with a cart, knocking random shit into it.)

Hrm.  May have found part of the problem, there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on October 19, 2012, 02:03:42 AM
Quote from: Man Green on October 19, 2012, 12:57:52 AM
I don't get it.

I really don't.

I don't get WHY...

Possible, I suppose...  I mean, for the past couple years, I had REASONS to be depressed around the holidays.  Last year, I was living alone, trying to decide if I was going to barricade myself in or inflict my miserable ass on my friends.  The year before that, I was preparing to walk away from my marriage.  And for years before that, it was sitting around the house with my husband, pretending to appreciate the pile of gifts that barely scored "meh" on the wow scale.  (Note:  It's not that they weren't expensive, or anything...  It's that it usually looked like he'd jogged down the aisle with a cart, knocking random shit into it.)

Hrm.  May have found part of the problem, there.

Yep, sounds like you just poked a sore spot.