News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Luna on October 19, 2012, 12:45:39 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 19, 2012, 12:36:52 AM
Im at the pour house in back bay having a beer.

Why?

Cuz i havent been here in ages and i dont feel like shit today. Today i feel like having a drink because it would be fun to go to an old haunt and get a bit o the nostalgia. Not because i feel like being numb.

This is a good thing.

I have a bottle of Crabbie's Ginger Beer here, at home.  I have already given Suu whatfor for not telling me about this stuff.

You Britspags who've been keeping this to yourselves?  Fuck each and every last one of you.  Sideways, and pointy ends first.

I LOVE this shit.

The Scottish have been keeping it to themselves for many decades. It only appeared on the South  Coast when Payne moved to England, he brought it with him and his big white pance and Holy Teachings and Personage. He says that you are welcome.  He normally wouldn't let Colonials or the English have it.  You all keep the special editions of Sierra Nevada and such to yourselves, it's only fair imho.

Also His Holispagness is 29 today. 4 more years until he beats Jeebus' high score.

Richter

Quote from: Pixie on October 19, 2012, 02:46:16 AM

Why?

Cuz i havent been here in ages and i dont feel like shit today. Today i feel like having a drink because it would be fun to go to an old haunt and get a bit o the nostalgia. Not because i feel like being numb.

This is a good thing.

I have a bottle of Crabbie's Ginger Beer here, at home.  I have already given Suu whatfor for not telling me about this stuff.

You Britspags who've been keeping this to yourselves?  Fuck each and every last one of you.  Sideways, and pointy ends first.

I LOVE this shit.

The Scottish have been keeping it to themselves for many decades. It only appeared on the South  Coast when Payne moved to England, he brought it with him and his big white pance and Holy Teachings and Personage. He says that you are welcome.  He normally wouldn't let Colonials or the English have it.  You all keep the special editions of Sierra Nevada and such to yourselves, it's only fair imho.

Also His Holispagness is 29 today. 4 more years until he beats Jeebus' high score.

Tell the bastard happy birthday from us, and that the "colonials" will drink that stuff out from under him if he takes his eyes off it.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on October 19, 2012, 02:46:16 AM

Why?

This is a good thing.

I LOVE this shit.

Happy birthday to The Payne! May He rise again!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Forgot to mention. Got caught up in the writing.

Guest bassist next week finalized.

He's the only non-Anarchangel member to have played onstage with Anarchangel, and I guest spotted rhythm guitar on a song at his band's (Avariel- he was the keyboardist/one of the guitarists) farewell show.

The last time he played with us is when, again, he was covering for Villager, when she was recovering from surgery, so he knows the majority of the setlist already, and he picked it up in one practice last time.

So, we're good to go.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 19, 2012, 08:44:34 AM
Forgot to mention. Got caught up in the writing.

Guest bassist next week finalized.

He's the only non-Anarchangel member to have played onstage with Anarchangel, and I guest spotted rhythm guitar on a song at his band's (Avariel- he was the keyboardist/one of the guitarists) farewell show.

The last time he played with us is when, again, he was covering for Villager, when she was recovering from surgery, so he knows the majority of the setlist already, and he picked it up in one practice last time.

So, we're good to go.

This, incidentally, will be the first show that Anarchangel and Frost Heaves are playing the same bill.

Cain

Seriously considering creating a PD Mass Effect 3 co-op clan, so I don't have to play with fucking randoms all the time, most of whom make me honestly wish for a PvP option.

Not that I'm claiming to be some 1337 N7 rank spec ops killing machine or anything, but I don't use goddamn missile launchers in the third round.  On Bronze.  Nor do I think the acme of killing power is a goddamn Salarian Infiltrator with the Widow, the single most overrated, easy-mode sniper in all of history, and almost universally played by jackasses.  Infiltrators have two roles: use tactical cloak to activate objectives, and use tactical cloak to stealth-revive other players, and most of them can't even manage that.

If getting to see me die in various ways is not motivation enough, I have also, somehow, managed to get a Volus engineer, the single most hilariously stupid class in the entire game.  So if you want to see that monstrosity in action, you know who to contact.

PM me or something and we can sort out Origin/Xbox IDs and potential game times.

Verbal Mike

Luna, fwiw, and only imho – ymmv – parsing out "legitimate reasons for depression" from others is not a useful way to go. It gets you, or at least me, running around in mental circles carefully reviewing all the bad shit in your (my) life, which is precisely the kind of mental state that gets one (more) depressed.
My depressions have always been mild, in the greater scheme of things, but the only thing that has helped me beat them is to realize that I can make the choice to be happy, which by no means means it's easy – it's nigh-on impossible when I have zero willpower and am in the fetal position on the couch and can't bring myself to fucking move – but it does mean that no external circumstances justify depression. I find it useful to think of depression as something that happens to me, which I can stave off but can't really predict or even necessarily detect, and which is never, ever justified. It is antithetical to resolving problems. It is not a defense mechanism, it is a self-destruct mechanism. It's not a response to a problem, it is a problem. And I've found that when it's not so bad that I actually feel unable to get off my ass (which has thankfully been rare with me) I just have to get pissed off at myself, get up, put some shoes on, take a walk, and my head starts clearing. And ultimately I have to find that little switch in my brain which makes me inexplicably happy, which is the only real antidote to being inexplicably sad.
Again, I have no idea how this shit works for other people, but on the off chance that this might help you, there's how it work for me.
Hang on in there.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Luna

Thanks, guys...

I'll snap out of it, sooner or later, I'm hoping for sooner.  Mostly it's getting to me because it shouldn't be happening.  Shit is going well, for a change.

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Verbal Mike

Yeah. Just Lady Depression reminding you that your circumstances are nothing to her, and she scoffs at your happiness. Don't give her a chance. She doesn't deserve it.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Juana

The all-nighter on Monday fucked up what was otherwise a decent sleep schedule. Which I am going to further fuck up by curling up in the reading room and sleeping until I have to get to class.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Phox

I got nothing better to do than watch TV and have a couple of brews...

Except I don't care for either television or beer, so I'll spend my morning posting on PD. a sad fact that I haven't more so, and that I'll be unlikely to do much of in the near future, but that's a topic for another day.

Sita

Pay day today brings me a new hair brush. No longer will my scalp get scraped twice a day by a brush whose bristles all lost their little balls months ago.
Sadly no new clothes or shoes to be found, but think I'm gonna be able to do some shopping for that with a girl's day with my mom soon. Set some money aside for that.

Boring is my life, but I'll torture the internet with it anyway :p
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on October 19, 2012, 02:51:41 PM
I got nothing better to do than watch TV and have a couple of brews...

Except I don't care for either television or beer, so I'll spend my morning posting on PD. a sad fact that I haven't more so, and that I'll be unlikely to do much of in the near future, but that's a topic for another day.

Sticker blitz.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.