News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 23, 2012, 09:08:18 PM
What kinda girls? I need more info to get properly pissed off.

Don't ask questions that would lead to even more outrageous statements in the interest of furthering a blatant troll. It's bad forum etiquette.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 23, 2012, 04:16:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, dude. :(

So, if I can get an stipended internship, I think I'm going to take a semester off.

Don't do it. Even if you only take one class to keep your toes in the water.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yesterday the doctor said that I only have to come back every other week now, because I am so awesome.

Also to start using just enough packing to provide a drainage channel.

Drainage channel.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am seriously fucking sick of the whole F5 and "nobody's posting, everybody's viewing" thing. I would like to burn it in the face with a sharp shitty stick on fire.

Sorry guys. I just find it deeply whiny and offputting and it kind of makes me want to go find something else entirely to do. Which is exactly what I'm off to do now. Bye.

Nephew Twiddleton

I am seriously tempted to call it tuesday time in six minutes.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Man Green on October 23, 2012, 10:50:17 PM
I am seriously fucking sick of the whole F5 and "nobody's posting, everybody's viewing" thing. I would like to burn it in the face with a sharp shitty stick on fire.

Sorry guys. I just find it deeply whiny and offputting and it kind of makes me want to go find something else entirely to do. Which is exactly what I'm off to do now. Bye.

This. it's irritating as fuck, and instead of the whining I could be finishing the scarf/cowl thingy I'm crocheting for my mum's xmas gift.

tyrannosaurus vex

I don't see how the F5 thing could be construed as anything but tongue in cheek.

Clearly, if we are bored to the point of complaining that there is no content being posted, it is because we ourselves are not posting any content.

Nephew Twiddleton

I got content just not when im at work because its from the phone. Unfortunately this for this week tomorrow is the only night i have off and part of that will be....

Goddammit i have to buy strings.

I was going to say restringing my spare guitar.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2012, 04:46:00 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 23, 2012, 04:10:44 PM
Marital situation seems to be evolving from 'if' to 'when', which isn't very fun.  It's only complicated by some very concerning behavioral health concerns.  She has point blank said she doesn't want to be an adult anymore.

We see a counselor tomorrow, but I'm not really optimistic at all.  I'm now looking at what can I do to keep the house and keep my kids' home as intact as possible. 

Despite all of this, I'm not nearly as sad or upset as I would have thought I would be.  I suppose that's telling about the nature of our relationship.

And so the saga will continue.

I can understand she doesn't want to be an adult, but she's got this bundle of genetic code called "children" that doesn't give a shit what she does or doesn't want.

Apparently that doesn't mean anything.  She basically wants to be able to have Saturday Night EVERY NIGHT and have the kids.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Sucks dude. Really hope things work out for you one way or the other. Hopefully its just a bit of a thing and not a HOLY SHIT OF A THING.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: V3X on October 23, 2012, 10:58:32 PM
I don't see how the F5 thing could be construed as anything but tongue in cheek.

Clearly, if we are bored to the point of complaining that there is no content being posted, it is because we ourselves are not posting any content.

So it's tongue-in-cheek annoying whininess. It still makes me feel like turning off the computer and walking away. I'm sorry, am I not entertaining enough for you? Am I too busy? Am I too tired? I know, I know, it's not directed at me, personally, it's directed at those other people who aren't good enough. Whatever. I don't care.

It's still about as fingernails-on-chalkboard for me as that whole Happy Tree Friends "I'm a brat and that's cute" thing.

Anyway, it's been increasingly irritating the fuck out of me for a while and I am finally crabby enough to say so, so I did.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 23, 2012, 10:50:17 PM

Yeah, you're right. 

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 23, 2012, 11:54:06 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2012, 04:46:00 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 23, 2012, 04:10:44 PM
Marital situation seems to be evolving from 'if' to 'when', which isn't very fun.  It's only complicated by some very concerning behavioral health concerns.  She has point blank said she doesn't want to be an adult anymore.

We see a counselor tomorrow, but I'm not really optimistic at all.  I'm now looking at what can I do to keep the house and keep my kids' home as intact as possible. 

Despite all of this, I'm not nearly as sad or upset as I would have thought I would be.  I suppose that's telling about the nature of our relationship.

And so the saga will continue.

I can understand she doesn't want to be an adult, but she's got this bundle of genetic code called "children" that doesn't give a shit what she does or doesn't want.

Apparently that doesn't mean anything.  She basically wants to be able to have Saturday Night EVERY NIGHT and have the kids.

I have lived through this. And I have no advice for you. Although that phase seems to be dormant for us now, it's obviously lurking under a thin layer of inconvenience and pretending it's not there.

If there's any wisdom I could offer, bearing in mind that I myself have not followed it and it's entirely possible I'm wrong, it's that you should strive to maintain your sanity and your happiness, not your situation. When those things are at odds, it's the situation that has to go.