News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

I missed that. Glad you're okay! Is the tower just old or what?

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2012, 10:53:32 PM
Yeah.  It would be better if my next day off wasn't until Wednesday.  I suppose I could be slightly tipsy while on duty and that wouldn't be a problem, but nothing more.
Tipsy is fun and makes it much easier not to remember the mundane, teeth-grinding parts of an evening/day/etc., yes?

Terribad instructor is terribad. I'm thinking she missed the "don't put too many words on a slide" bit of How to Do a Powerpoint.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 04, 2012, 07:12:12 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on October 04, 2012, 07:10:54 PM
They don't fucking know. How could they know? The ones who have been through it either suppress the memory or chew their own heads off in despair. They're acting like that because they suspect something but none of them suspect THAT!

They know for the same reason that bears know to stand totally still when Nigel walks by.  They don't know what it is EXACTLY that she does, but they know it's BAD.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Forty five minutes left of class. I'm so ready for today to be over. Fucking kill me.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Move to boston. Not only would you get to hang out with lmno and myself and see evidence of the earths axial tilt but youd also be done with that for the day by now.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Also if you give me areason ill come up with a reason to move to boston. Just ask phox.

Speaking of which- pixie payne pent cain and faust- you could sleep 5 hours later if you moved here.

Juana

LMNO

Yeah, the forcasters say this winter is gonna suck.

incidentally, i'm posting this from the studio.  We're laying down guitar tracks.  Yippie!

Nephew Twiddleton

I like weather. If it was the same shit all the time id get bored of it.

Twid
standing in the mist

lmno- cool shit. I like the new songs i heard at the last gig. Are you at galaxy again?

Juana

We get blazing hot, chilly/slightly damp, and murderfog (which coincides with chilly/damp). That's almost totally it. I would die in your winter.

Nephew Twiddleton

Only the first one and boston does a decent job of cleaning that up quick. Then youd get into the phase of bitching about the weather all the time regardless of what it is like a good new englander would.

Twid
really hates summer due to humidity and brightness. Autumn suits me best.

LMNO

Yup.  Galaxy.  He's got a new studio, and it's totally AWESOME.  It sounds huge.

Nephew Twiddleton

Lol he told me. Ran into him outside the rosebud. No more crackheads outside.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 04, 2012, 09:15:29 PM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 04, 2012, 08:11:00 PM
D:  I'm glad you're not dead!

I am functionally immortal.

I'm glad you're not dead, though it'll be creepy if you're still functionally immortal in like 200 years, as I assume you're ageing and all.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Cain

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 04, 2012, 11:01:28 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2012, 10:53:32 PM
Yeah.  It would be better if my next day off wasn't until Wednesday.  I suppose I could be slightly tipsy while on duty and that wouldn't be a problem, but nothing more.
Tipsy is fun and makes it much easier not to remember the mundane, teeth-grinding parts of an evening/day/etc., yes?

This is true.  It's all about timing though.  Timing it so I'm not having it before I might have to deal with students, but not so late it's going to affect getting to sleep and so getting up early the next day.

My shifts are, quite frankly, bizzare.  From Sunday to Tuesday I'll be doing 13 hour shifts as well, so I'll likely appreciate it more by Tueday night when I clock off.