News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Chromia on October 09, 2012, 08:07:42 PM
Everything happens on supernatural tuesdays.

Believe me, supernatural happenings would be a relief.  I have salt and cold iron and I doesn't afraid of anything.  Come at me, ghost bros.  This place might be built on an ancient Cockney burial ground, but I have Australian-Scottish beserker courage (read: alcohol) in the face of the unknown, and no soft Pommie southerner is going to get the better of me, incorporeal supernatural dread beast or not.

LMNO

I have found that I quite enjoy a Cain when it's drinking.

Freeky

I, too, enjoy Cain's posts when he's been drinking.  :lol:

In new news, me and my folks are going to look at a triplex today.  They want to buy a property to rent it out, and I can live in one of the units, they say.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 09, 2012, 08:16:21 PM
This place might be built on an ancient Cockney burial ground,

You live in the dump?

Also, agree with LMNO.  Drunken Cain is amazing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 09, 2012, 08:23:24 PM

You live in the dump?

Close enough.

From Wikipedia: "The etymology of 'Shoreditch' is debated. One legend holds that the place was originally named "Shore's Ditch", after Jane Shore, the mistress of Edward IV, who is supposed to have died or been buried in a ditch in the area. This legend is commemorated today by a large painting, at Haggerston Branch Library, of Jane Shore being retrieved from the ditch, and by a design on glazed tiles in a shop in Shoreditch High Street showing her meeting Edward IV.

However, the area was known as "Soersditch" long before Jane Shore's life. A more plausible origin for the name is "Sewer Ditch", in reference to a drain or watercourse in what was once a boggy area. It may have referred to the headwaters of the river Walbrook, which rose in the Curtain Road area."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 09, 2012, 08:26:33 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 09, 2012, 08:23:24 PM

You live in the dump?

Close enough.

From Wikipedia: "The etymology of 'Shoreditch' is debated. One legend holds that the place was originally named "Shore's Ditch", after Jane Shore, the mistress of Edward IV, who is supposed to have died or been buried in a ditch in the area. This legend is commemorated today by a large painting, at Haggerston Branch Library, of Jane Shore being retrieved from the ditch, and by a design on glazed tiles in a shop in Shoreditch High Street showing her meeting Edward IV.

However, the area was known as "Soersditch" long before Jane Shore's life. A more plausible origin for the name is "Sewer Ditch", in reference to a drain or watercourse in what was once a boggy area. It may have referred to the headwaters of the river Walbrook, which rose in the Curtain Road area."

So it's like Tucson, only soggy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Well I suppose there must be some advantage to live over an ancient sewer.

Cain

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 09, 2012, 08:29:34 PM
So it's like Tucson, only soggy.

Also hipsters and start-up silicon companies.  It's very "trendy", considering it's tacked on the arse-end of Hackney like a tick on a cow.  Places like Dalston, which has living standards on a par with Kabul, are side-by-side with trendy gated communities inhabited entirely by rich art students and wannabe internet entrepreneurs.

I frankly hope one day all the chavs from Dalston come and burn the place down.

Juana

I apparently can't chug through a school day quite like I used to. I used to be able to go all day, from eight to five pm easy. And now eight to five, even with a decent break, makes me really fucking tired.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Don Coyote

Why does poetry make me feel retarded? I just don't get poems. Have a 3 page paper on a lyrical poem due next Tuesday.

ALSO I DO WHAT I WANT HONEY MOON FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

AFK

Imma officially middle management.

Time to start drinking heavily.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Lenin McCarthy

At night, the Prague tram lines change routes. My group ended up in some suburb not on my tourist map.
While we're waiting for the tram back, a quite big, really drunk local man appears.

It's very interesting how my group reacts: Three people freak out. Three people (including me) observe cautiously, thinking "he can't possibly do us any harm, he's one, we're seven, and he's so wasted he can barely stand upright". And one girl starts talking to him. He turns out to be harmless and friendly but confused, and communicates only in grunts, Czech and the occasional English word. Except for the people who freaked out, we become great friends with Viktor in the few minutes our paths cross.

Don Coyote

DUDE COULD HAVE BEEN A MURDERHOBO WITH A SHOTGUN TO YOUR PARTY OF LVL 1 NPCS!!!!!!

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: American Jackal on October 10, 2012, 01:24:27 AM
DUDE COULD HAVE BEEN A MURDERHOBO WITH A SHOTGUN TO YOUR PARTY OF LVL 1 NPCS!!!!!!

Prague isn't the Greyhound Express. Czech Belgians are rarely murderhobos.

Western Norwegian Belgians on the other hand..... scary fuckers, the lot of them.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Don Coyote

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on October 10, 2012, 01:32:49 AM
Quote from: American Jackal on October 10, 2012, 01:24:27 AM

Prague isn't the Greyhound Express. Czech Belgians are rarely murderhobos.

Western Norwegian Belgians on the other hand..... scary fuckers, the lot of them.

HE COULD HAVE BEEN A HIGH LEVEL PLANES HOBOING MURDERHOBO FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!