News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on October 10, 2012, 09:14:27 PM
Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on October 10, 2012, 07:50:56 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 10, 2012, 06:15:16 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on October 10, 2012, 06:07:40 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 10, 2012, 05:47:08 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on October 10, 2012, 05:42:21 PM
In slightly positive health insurance news, ObamaCOMMIECARE must have sort of kicked in because I didn't have to pay for my birth control MURDER PILLS today.

Yea maybe not some wonderous miracle and I know it's fairly small in the large scheme of things, in my small bubble of the world, that's $200 saved a year if it lasts. *shrug*

Good for you. 

It's also good for the country.  That's $200 that will be put into the local economy, instead of (indirectly) to Goldman Sachs.

Exactly, That's what I figure. A small little victory(?) at least. I've gotta look on the bright side sometimes.

Especially after a recent political conversation/argument that in part involved "well that's like expecting the government to hand me condoms for free" and "shouldn't fund using abortion as a method of birth control" when I was trying to explain the importance of planned parenthood (beyond the focus of just abortions) and why it's good for certain things to be covered. At which point I walked away from the conversation since our values and priorities seem to diverge way beyond which sockpuppet you want to vote for. And that type of person is just not worth draining myself on

In a world with 7.3 Bn people in it, handing out condoms for free is an act of governmental virtue.  I would boast about my government if it gave away birth control for free.

And it seems that I just might be able to do so now.
The government of North Belgium does. They even offer to mail it to you for free, iirc. Not long ago,there were even BDSM information brochures for 12+ year olds, but moral outrage stopped that.

Not quite correct. The BDSM brochure was distributed to the youth health offices, but not targeted specially for the under-16s.
And while there was moral outrage, they didn't manage to stop it.
Ah, thank you. I was unsure about the details and was too busy to look up the facts.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on October 10, 2012, 09:27:36 PM
Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on October 10, 2012, 09:14:27 PM
Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on October 10, 2012, 07:50:56 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 10, 2012, 06:15:16 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on October 10, 2012, 06:07:40 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 10, 2012, 05:47:08 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on October 10, 2012, 05:42:21 PM
In slightly positive health insurance news, ObamaCOMMIECARE must have sort of kicked in because I didn't have to pay for my birth control MURDER PILLS today.

Yea maybe not some wonderous miracle and I know it's fairly small in the large scheme of things, in my small bubble of the world, that's $200 saved a year if it lasts. *shrug*

Good for you. 

It's also good for the country.  That's $200 that will be put into the local economy, instead of (indirectly) to Goldman Sachs.

Exactly, That's what I figure. A small little victory(?) at least. I've gotta look on the bright side sometimes.

Especially after a recent political conversation/argument that in part involved "well that's like expecting the government to hand me condoms for free" and "shouldn't fund using abortion as a method of birth control" when I was trying to explain the importance of planned parenthood (beyond the focus of just abortions) and why it's good for certain things to be covered. At which point I walked away from the conversation since our values and priorities seem to diverge way beyond which sockpuppet you want to vote for. And that type of person is just not worth draining myself on

In a world with 7.3 Bn people in it, handing out condoms for free is an act of governmental virtue.  I would boast about my government if it gave away birth control for free.

And it seems that I just might be able to do so now.
The government of North Belgium does. They even offer to mail it to you for free, iirc. Not long ago,there were even BDSM information brochures for 12+ year olds, but moral outrage stopped that.

Not quite correct. The BDSM brochure was distributed to the youth health offices, but not targeted specially for the under-16s.
And while there was moral outrage, they didn't manage to stop it.
Ah, thank you. I was unsure about the details and was too busy to look up the facts.

That's what happens when you listen to the morally outraged.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck me, what a week. I went on an EIGHT HOUR coaching activity yesterday. Only three more meetings with this dyad, and I hope my new ones are somewhere within Portland city limits.

Just finished part 1 of my homework (MY SOCIOLOGY PROFESSOR MADE US ARGUE ON A FORUM! NOT EVEN SHITTING YOU!) and need to work on my math because tomorrow I have an assessment. Oh god. But right now, right RIGHT now, I have to go into my studio. After I email my co-worker about gift cards. Fuck me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 10, 2012, 12:05:18 AM
Why does poetry make me feel retarded? I just don't get poems. Have a 3 page paper on a lyrical poem due next Tuesday.

ALSO I DO WHAT I WANT HONEY MOON FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

What's the poem about? What does the imagery make you think of?

Bam. That's all you need to write.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 10, 2012, 10:10:27 PM
MY SOCIOLOGY PROFESSOR MADE US ARGUE ON A FORUM! NOT EVEN SHITTING YOU!

Wait.

You can get college credits for this?   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 10, 2012, 01:24:27 AM
DUDE COULD HAVE BEEN A MURDERHOBO WITH A SHOTGUN TO YOUR PARTY OF LVL 1 NPCS!!!!!!

Come on dude, he's not in CANADA.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 10, 2012, 10:12:33 PM

Wait.

Totally happened FOR REAL. I'm like OMG I AM SUPPOSED TO DO EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD BE DOING ANYWAY? OMG OMG OMG!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 10, 2012, 10:13:39 PM

Wait.

Totally happened FOR REAL. I'm like OMG I AM SUPPOSED TO DO EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD BE DOING ANYWAY? OMG OMG OMG!!!

I ARGUED ON MYSTIC WICKS.  WHERE IS PhD?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 10, 2012, 10:15:11 PM

Wait.

YOU ARE NOW SOCIOLOLIGIST.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 10, 2012, 10:17:51 PM

Wait.

I AM NOW QUALIFIED TO SAY WHY POOR PEOPLE CHOOSE TO LIVE THAT WAY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK I'm really going in studio now. I'll be taking breaks every twenty minutes or so.

Pray for me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 10, 2012, 10:19:03 PM

Wait.

ALSO TO ANALYZE THE SOCIAL STRUCTURE OF INTERNET FORUMS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 10, 2012, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 10, 2012, 10:19:03 PM

Wait.

ALSO TO ANALYZE THE SOCIAL STRUCTURE OF INTERNET FORUMS.

OH MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF TARDS