News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Putting together my promotion packet so I can finally get some stripes. Maybe I'll stop having E5s that are younger than me looking at me like a fucking retard.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 14, 2012, 11:01:56 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 14, 2012, 10:58:01 PM
Quote from: Luna on October 14, 2012, 05:10:37 PM
Urgh, that sucks.

I ADORE it when people bitch that they don't have a job... when I know for a fact that they a) haven't bothered actually LOOKING, b) have turned down jobs for which they are perfectly capable, but can't be arsed to do because they'd rather fuck around and bitch about being unemployed and broke, or c) have been fired from multiple jobs because they have fucked up repeatedly, often in exactly the same way multiple times.

After working in HR/payroll, I've seen WHY too many people are unemployed... it's because they fucking choose to be unemployable.

MY FORMER HOUSEMATE.

Yeah, the one who called me fat and lazy. She hadn't had a job in I don't know how long, was only taking 8 credits a term, no kids, spent a shit ton of money on new tattoos (including one on her neck that says "I PLAN ON NEVER BEING EMPLOYED") and was all self-righteously pissed at the financial aid office for "screwing her over" because "they didn't put her down for work study", making her ineligible for food stamps. Having filled out the FAFSA myself a few times, I am perfectly aware that work study is something you check off your own fucking self. She never actually applied for jobs, instead convincing herself that looking at want ads is somehow the same thing as "looking for a job".

News flash: looking at want ads is "looking for a job" in exactly the same way that watching other people work is "working".

She once told me that she's been fired from every job she's ever had, and shortly thereafter asked me to recommend her to a friend who was hiring.
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

I have to ask: How in the name of FUCK did you end up with a housemate like that?

She was my friend's girlfriend, and they broke up, and she needed a place to stay, and I needed a housemate. I am often naive about character and don't recognize the warning signs of HEY, THIS IS A SHITTY PERSON.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 15, 2012, 02:23:30 AM
Putting together my promotion packet so I can finally get some stripes. Maybe I'll stop having E5s that are younger than me looking at me like a fucking retard.

Good luck Coyote!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on October 15, 2012, 01:37:46 AM
Urgh, that sucks.

I ADORE it when people bitch that they don't have a job... when I know for a fact that they a) haven't bothered actually LOOKING, b) have turned down jobs for which they are perfectly capable, but can't be arsed to do because they'd rather fuck around and bitch about being unemployed and broke, or c) have been fired from multiple jobs because they have fucked up repeatedly, often in exactly the same way multiple times.

After working in HR/payroll, I've seen WHY too many people are unemployed... it's because they fucking choose to be unemployable.

MY FORMER HOUSEMATE.

Yeah, the one who called me fat and lazy. She hadn't had a job in I don't know how long, was only taking 8 credits a term, no kids, spent a shit ton of money on new tattoos (including one on her neck that says "I PLAN ON NEVER BEING EMPLOYED") and was all self-righteously pissed at the financial aid office for "screwing her over" because "they didn't put her down for work study", making her ineligible for food stamps. Having filled out the FAFSA myself a few times, I am perfectly aware that work study is something you check off your own fucking self. She never actually applied for jobs, instead convincing herself that looking at want ads is somehow the same thing as "looking for a job".

News flash: looking at want ads is "looking for a job" in exactly the same way that watching other people work is "working".

She once told me that she's been fired from every job she's ever had, and shortly thereafter asked me to recommend her to a friend who was hiring.

The most amazing part, here, folks, is that Nigel let her LIVE*.

*As far as we know, anyway.

She's still alive, but I did hurt her feelings a little bit. 

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 02:40:27 AM
Urgh, that sucks.

MY FORMER HOUSEMATE.

I have to ask: How in the name of FUCK did you end up with a housemate like that?

She was my friend's girlfriend, and they broke up, and she needed a place to stay, and I needed a housemate. I am often naive about character and don't recognize the warning signs of HEY, THIS IS A SHITTY PERSON.

I got stuck that way once. "Your girlfriend? Sure, no problem."  :horrormirth:

She used to disappear for the whole weekend ("I'm going to the store! BRB!") and leave her four year old.

"Friend's girlfriend" is no longer considered a recommendation.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 15, 2012, 03:02:08 AM
Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 02:40:27 AM
Urgh, that sucks.

MY FORMER HOUSEMATE.

I got stuck that way once. "Your girlfriend? Sure, no problem."  :horrormirth:

She used to disappear for the whole weekend ("I'm going to the store! BRB!") and leave her four year old.

"Friend's girlfriend" is no longer considered a recommendation.  :lol:

SRSLY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is a long boring post about my winter wardrobe.

So, basically the deal is that I can't wear pants that afford me any level of dignity. This is temporary, but in the meantime the weather is getting colder and I need something besides my trusty cargo dresses, plus I am hesitant to purchase anything as fit-specific as good pants until after the abdominal swelling goes down and I have been restored to my normal activity level, since it would be dumb to blow a bunch of money on pants that don't fit a year later.

In addition, almost all my clothes fall into artist, formal, or hussy categories, and none of those categories are really appropriate for working with foster children or for impressing the people I need to impress. So, I was brainstorming a winter uniform that would be as flawlessly easy to put together in the morning, even hung over, as my summer uniform, and concluded that my best bet is the slightly chunky but short sweater dress, which I can add leggings and leg warmers to as needed and is perfect with boots, easy to accessorize with belts and shit, and has the potential to either look young and hip or middle-aged therapisty... so even if I miss the mark with young and hip, at least I'll still hit middle-aged therapist.

I'm trying to WALK THE LINE, here!

So I took a break from homework and picked up Miz B and we went to Goodwill, where I found two serviceable but not super-cute gray sweater dresses, and a 7-pack of large men's undershirts for like $3. I love those things, they make great slips! Anyway, then we went to Marshall's and they had two pretty cute ones for about $15 each, so I bought those. Then we went to Ross, and MOTHERFUCKINGLODE! I kind of wished I hadn't bought the Goodwill ones, because holy shit, there were so many more way cuter ones! I might even go back and check it out after I look at my finances and see if I can pick up a couple more. I bought three at Ross, so now I have seven sweater dresses and I paid roughly $90.

I AM RICH WITH SWEATER DRESSES!

I still need a couple pairs of leggings, but probably I can pick those up on sale here and there. And leg warmers.

The Good Reverend Roger

Nothing wrong with that...It could be worse than "middle age therapist".  I mean, after all, in 10 years, we'll both be wearing awful cardigans and complimenting each other on how dashing we look.

I'm sort of banking on early senility, here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 15, 2012, 03:32:35 AM
Nothing wrong with that...It could be worse than "middle age therapist".  I mean, after all, in 10 years, we'll both be wearing awful cardigans and complimenting each other on how dashing we look.

Three words:

Wooden bead necklace.

It's my future!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 03:49:16 AM

Three words:

Wooden bead necklace.

It's my future!

PLEASE COME TO TUCSON IN THE SPRINGTIME
WE CAN RANCH CATS AND LIVE IN FILTH

(Apologies to Dave Loggins)

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's raining

I tried to get NoLoDeMiel to dig me a swale beside the house today, but he wasn't going for it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 15, 2012, 03:51:16 AM

Three words:

Wooden bead necklace.

It's my future!

YOU CAN SELL YOUR BODY ON THE ROADSIDE
BY AN ARROYO HERE I HOPE TO BE DRUNK SOON

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 04:00:51 AM
It's raining

I tried to get NoLoDeMiel to dig me a swale beside the house today, but he wasn't going for it.

Beat him with shitty sticks until he gets on it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 04:02:57 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 15, 2012, 03:51:16 AM

Three words:

Wooden bead necklace.

It's my future!

YOU CAN SELL YOUR BODY ON THE ROADSIDE
BY AN ARROYO HERE I HOPE TO BE DRUNK SOON

:lulz:

I think I just pooped a bit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 15, 2012, 04:03:05 AM
Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 04:00:51 AM
It's raining

Beat him with shitty sticks until he gets on it.

Shit and sticks, I got. Man, I got a lot of those.