News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

Infantile alcoholic drink of last week: Absinth + Jägermeister. Ew. Tastes like the next morning.

Quote from: Net on October 15, 2012, 06:54:03 AM
I'm living in a unicorn until the two awesome people upstairs move to New York next month. At least I hope it's a unicorn because all of our stuff is down here...oh sweet baby jesus, please be a unicorn.

We're settling in nicely here. Everyone we live with are outstanding, intelligent bipeds and are funny to boot. Good times.

The call center job is turning out to be far more interesting than I'd imagined. No real gaping assholes in the workplace yet so it's looking like a relatively low-stress gig.
Sounds awesome! Also, loving the idea of unicorn as a condition or a state of mind. Will definitely start using that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 15, 2012, 04:05:19 AM
They're all perfectly serviceable, excluding Scholastique because who the fuck names their kid Scholastique?

Isn't that an explosive used by militant archivists?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 15, 2012, 04:08:13 AM
So, pardon some emo-blather, TMI, but things are looking rough in the WHN household.  Trouble in paradise and all that.  You'd think 9 years and a couple of great kids and putting yourself on the line for someone, day in and day out, would count for something.  I guess that serves me right for being a hopeless romantic.

Thing is, this shit happens in EVERY marriage from time to time.  Other thing is, keep your temper in check

It turns out that if you whack a particle hard enough, a photon comes out.  No matter what you do, you can't get the photon back in the particle...Words are like that, too.  Treacherous things.  Once you SAY them, you can't jam them back in your mouth.  Contain your butthurt, and say "I love you" instead of offgassing said butthurt and/or resentment.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Man Yellow has the right of it. Even if you feel justified, don't get defensive and say "Yeah? Well YOU..." or go on and on about how much you do for her and the kids or any of that stuff.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 05:40:09 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 15, 2012, 04:38:16 AM
Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 04:21:12 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 15, 2012, 04:10:13 AM
Aaah. I was unaware your basement had a flooding problem.

It has a Portland problem. :lol:

The dry basement is like a unicorn, in this town. But there are degrees of wet, and I would love mine to be less wet.

We get around that here by not having basements.

Texas: Said "fuck it" a long time ago.

HEY

YOU PEOPLE DON'T EVEN HAVE RAIN!  :argh!:

Occasionally we do. It comes down like a cow pissing on a rock for about 20 minutes, floods the streets and then turns to steam.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

:lulz: We get that kind of rain, too

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 01:09:06 PM
I don't normally drink cider, but HC took me out to a cider bar the other night and I had a couple of ciders, and I did not feel sick the next day. So, I tried it again last night, and yep. Not sick.

I don't really understand, but I can roll with it. It's nice to have something I can catch a buzz on without destroying my next day.
CIDER BARS, PORTLAND HAS CIDER BARS. :argh!: I'm lucky if a bar carries cider at all.
Also, yay for not being sick!

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 15, 2012, 02:26:37 PM
They're all perfectly serviceable, excluding Scholastique because who the fuck names their kid Scholastique?

Possibly. :lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

It's possible that hard cider might still be distilled from apples.

Ever notice how they don't have to list ingredients on alcohol? Ever wonder WTF is in shit like Bud Light?  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 15, 2012, 04:17:54 PM
:lulz: We get that kind of rain, too

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 01:09:06 PM
I don't normally drink cider, but HC took me out to a cider bar the other night and I had a couple of ciders, and I did not feel sick the next day. So, I tried it again last night, and yep. Not sick.

I don't really understand, but I can roll with it. It's nice to have something I can catch a buzz on without destroying my next day.
CIDER BARS, PORTLAND HAS CIDER BARS. :argh!: I'm lucky if a bar carries cider at all.
Also, yay for not being sick!

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 15, 2012, 02:26:37 PM

Possibly. :lulz:

We know too much.  Leln is gonna kill us both.

Juana

The Good Reverend Roger

And then Leln killed every PDer except me, and I alone have survived to tell thee.

:cry:

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

I feel... stressed.

Everybody I work for is a demanding moron.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 15, 2012, 07:12:54 PM
I feel... stressed.

Everybody I work for is a demanding moron.

Same here.  This is why I agree to everything, but do nothing.

Anyway, I got so bored that I started writing bios on the old timers.

Juana

Our hellfire preacher has taken up residence on the platform outside. He elected to talk about Islam and I'm contemplating printing off a list of the names of Allah and handing it to him before walking off. If nothing else, the subsequent sputtering and NU UH!ing from him ought to be funny.