News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 15, 2012, 03:51:53 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 05:40:09 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 15, 2012, 04:38:16 AM
Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 04:21:12 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 15, 2012, 04:10:13 AM
Aaah. I was unaware your basement had a flooding problem.

It has a Portland problem. :lol:

The dry basement is like a unicorn, in this town. But there are degrees of wet, and I would love mine to be less wet.

We get around that here by not having basements.

Texas: Said "fuck it" a long time ago.

HEY

YOU PEOPLE DON'T EVEN HAVE RAIN!  :argh!:

Occasionally we do. It comes down like a cow pissing on a rock for about 20 minutes, floods the streets and then turns to steam.

Yep, that's what I thought.

Texas = Hell.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 15, 2012, 04:17:54 PM
:lulz: We get that kind of rain, too

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 01:09:06 PM
I don't normally drink cider, but HC took me out to a cider bar the other night and I had a couple of ciders, and I did not feel sick the next day. So, I tried it again last night, and yep. Not sick.

I don't really understand, but I can roll with it. It's nice to have something I can catch a buzz on without destroying my next day.
CIDER BARS, PORTLAND HAS CIDER BARS. :argh!: I'm lucky if a bar carries cider at all.
Also, yay for not being sick!

Oh hell yeah... this is apple country! There are all kinds of weird ritual cider pressings and apple festivals and shit, with weird names like "Scrumpyfest". HC even pressed his own apples and is brewing 5 gallons of cider in his basement right now.

I've never really given much thought to cider, but it looks like it's my drink of choice now.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

SO

I went to school and had my math class, where we spent two hours talking about function transformations. For some reason most of that time was spent talking about vertical transformations of cosine functions, and I am sure that there is so much more to it that we haven't covered, but holy shit I was starting to lose my mind by the end every time another classmate opened their mouth with a question. It moves up, it moves down, it stretches, it compresses, it inverts, SHUT UP WHY DO YOU NEED THAT EXPLAINED MORE?

Then I read for an hour and went to psych class but it was canceled due to instructor illness and I am all ONOES!!! :cry: Last week the psych prof, who is adorable, came in to work even though she cracked two ribs and contracted pneumonia, and now she's out sick oh god! I hope she's OK.

So I thought this would be a good time to go to Sketchy J Tires and get some new-to-me salvaged tires because I almost fell off a bridge on Friday due to no tread and rain, but when I got home there was a letter from OHP saying that to complete my application for health coverage, the needed me to apply for unemployment. Which I am not actually eligible for, as far as I know. Man, I'd love to be, but yeah, the self-employed and students can go fuck themselves as far as the unemployment division is concerned. So I tried to call and it was busy, so I went online and applied, and it took an hour and a half. Which seems like an unreasonably long time for an application with a foregone conclusion.

Anyway, no new tires, and it's time for my weekly trip to the Fortress so they can tell me there's still a hole in my belly and that I should keep sticking gauze in it.

Wish me luck.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 09:54:22 PM
So I thought this would be a good time to go to Sketchy J Tires and get some new-to-me salvaged tires because I almost fell off a bridge on Friday due to no tread and rain,

THAT WASN'T THE RAIN.

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 09:54:22 PM
Wish me luck.

Good luck!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

I got my work contract extended to the end of the year. My boss is fighting furiously with his bosses to approve of a budget that can keep me. I like my boss. I'm not so sure about his bosses, though.

Also, learning php, html5 and xhtml. So far I've learned this:  :?

Also also: I'm going to play my sad ukulele ballad version of I Got Erection to Turbonegro on saturday. Not sure if good or bad.

Also also also: My kinda-sorta-not-really-but-yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but girlfriend is becoming slightly jealous. Again, not sure if good or bad.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Juana

Waffle: doing "it's complicated" like no one's business. Hope your boss gets to keep you.

Quote from: Man Green on October 15, 2012, 09:43:51 PM
Oh hell yeah... this is apple country! There are all kinds of weird ritual cider pressings and apple festivals and shit, with weird names like "Scrumpyfest". HC even pressed his own apples and is brewing 5 gallons of cider in his basement right now.

I've never really given much thought to cider, but it looks like it's my drink of choice now.  :lol:
I am jealous.

Also, good luck!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Greetings, spags. I have a new phone number to give out if you lot aren't

SCURRED.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 15, 2012, 11:50:57 PM
Can you keep spare change in it?

Not yet, but I think if I get the big one out I can fit a dutch penny in there.

Juana

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 15, 2012, 11:54:17 PM
Greetings, spags. I have a new phone number to give out if you lot aren't

SCURRED.
TERRAFIED.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

It occurs to me that I've never seen Squiddy and Refridgerator Perry in the same room.

LMNO

Well, I've never seen you and Scatman Crothers together, either.

COINCIDENCE?