News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have a really unacceptable amount of homework to do and a math midterm Friday. :(

Plus I think, but am not sure, that I'm overdue on a paper. But maybe not. I don't have time to do homework today, I have class until 1 and I have to work at 2 and I won't be home until 7 and I have to feed my kids and shit.

You know that feeling you get when you know you just can't get it all done, but it all HAS to get done?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Yes.  I call it, "my work week."

Hence the increase of F5.

tyrannosaurus vex

THE COFFEE POT IN THE BREAK ROOM IS BROKEN
OH FUCK
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

The EU has already said that if we pull that shit, they'll throw us out.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sita

This depression shit can just go the hell away now.
Walking is doing nothing to help and the words in my head refuse to come out on paper or screen in any sort of coherent manner.
They just keep circling around and around and around
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sita on October 16, 2012, 07:01:10 PM
Walking is doing nothing to help and the words in my head refuse to come out on paper or screen in any sort of coherent manner.

Go read your entry in "old timers".

Sita

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 16, 2012, 07:04:04 PM
Quote from: Sita on October 16, 2012, 07:01:10 PM

Go read your entry in "old timers".
:lol: Thanks for that
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 16, 2012, 05:52:46 PM
Yes.  I call it, "my work week."

Hence the increase of F5.

Yeah, well, it's not just you.  I've been watching lifts out in the refinery all day, and come back to NO NEW POSTS.

It's all of PD.  It will pass or it won't. 

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 16, 2012, 07:48:22 PM
Is everything defaulting to MAIN?

I had somehow hoped that would prove to at least be interesting.

This is more like a George Romero flick.  They shuffle along, VIEWing, then leave when nothing interesting happens.  Why does nothing interesting happen?  Because everyone's doing nothing while waiting for something interesting to happen.

I did my part.  My fingertips are calloused from typing.  I can at least have a clean conscience on THAT, if nothing else.

LMNO

My Notes app in my iphone is filled with small one off ideas that need expanding.  Maybe I'll just start a bunch of threads just spilling that crap out before they're developed.