Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 16, 2012, 07:58:36 PM
My Notes app in my iphone is filled with small one off ideas that need expanding.  Maybe I'll just start a bunch of threads just spilling that crap out before they're developed.

I think I'll lock my office and take a nap or some shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

Two hour nap + tasty sammich = much more functional Garbo. Library couches are a semi-comfortable godsend, but I didn't mean to sleep through my sociology class today. Oops.

Also, do nevar give me coffee. Made me sicker this time than before.

I have some things kicking around I might finish 'n' post when I am no longer cold turkey'd out of PD.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

I lose 70% of my will power after about two am. I had shit to do so I downloaded a program called "cold turkey" that blocked my access to here, facebook, and a couple other places so I could force myself to stop fucking around.
I may have been over zealous in the duration of the block, but I have yet another paper due Thursday so it may be just as well.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 16, 2012, 08:17:38 PM
I lose 70% of my will power after about two am. I had shit to do so I downloaded a program called "cold turkey" that blocked my access to here, facebook, and a couple other places so I could force myself to stop fucking around.
I may have been over zealous in the duration of the block, but I have yet another paper due Thursday so it may be just as well.

One day you'll come back and there'll be nothing but Hirley0, still trying to explain the deal.

Seriously.  Not because you took time out to do your homework, but because sooner or later, people will stop coming by to see if anyone else has written or said anything interesting.

Juana

That Hirley's beginning to make sense is a little worrisome, and yes.

Q. G. Pennyworth

My friend's on TV!

In a political ad...

for the other party...

and I was the first to tell her...

:horrormirth:

Luna

Can't post much from work, at all, any more...  Mostly 'cause I'm in training, so I have a neurotic nitwit over my shoulder all day, but also because I had to replace my phone.  It doesn't have a physical keyboard, just the onscreen one.  Takes me ten fucking minutes just to type a text.   
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just logged my hours at my internship and I'm working MORE since my surgery, not less. I need to fix that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Verbal Mike

I was up last night until 3am playing, of all things, Magic: The Gathering. Hadn't played in about 5 years, and I was debating whether to store my meagre collection or give it away, then it turned out my friend who was here also used to play, and about two hours of sorting and choosing later we started playing... I lost three times, insisting on another round every time to redeem my lost honor.
I have SO DAMN MUCH TO DO today but I'm tired and it's already noon and all I've done so far is breakfast, coffee, cigarette #1, and FB+PDCOM.
There are boxes to be packed, goddammit! Not to mention all the bureaucracy! Next Wednesday I fly home. WTF.

So, hopefully, you won't be seeing me much until tomorrow. Oh yeah, and new nick+avatar, yay.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

EK WAFFLR

I have something brewing, a rant or something, but I'm having severe trouble putting sentences together nowadays. I'm completely unable to write even a semi-coherent paragraph and it's pissing me off to no end.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Waffler on October 17, 2012, 12:41:56 PM
I have something brewing, a rant or something, but I'm having severe trouble putting sentences together nowadays. I'm completely unable to write even a semi-coherent paragraph and it's pissing me off to no end.

Maybe switch it to a different medium to get those juices flowing?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

At work there is a fatwa against having your phone even slightly out of your pocket or any writing implement on your desk. This has stoked my desire to write things to the point I've actually been doing it a bit at home.

It's been a long time since I've willingly written up a multi-pager, but the new directions my life is going apparently has shaken loose some cobwebs and oddly aroused an inelegant but studious drive to make sound glyphs emanate from my upper extremities.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A