News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Man now I am reminded that I should maybe make some kind of plans for my birthday. :argh!:

Lenin McCarthy

This visa application (for Belarus) is filling me to the brim with existential despair. I can find very few explanations, the fields are way too small for the information they want me to provide, and one little misstep could get me deported as soon as I finally get there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on October 17, 2012, 10:38:28 PM
Been having a scare for the past several days. Huge blood sugar spikes after eating, partnered with thirst and increased urination, along with other things. I tried to get a blood test done this morning, but due to my major needle phobia I couldn't do it. Trying again tomorrow, telling the nurse I need help getting through that. I have to get this checked out. These are the same symptoms my father had at this age, when he contracted type 1 diabetes. Yes, it can after childhood, and I am not in any way at risk for type 2. My parents were planning on coming down in another week, but due to this they've moved it forward and are going to get here this weekend. This is major scary shit for me, as I was telling Phox and my mom over the phone just a while ago and crying. This is like something out of my worst nightmares. I don't usually post these things on here, but I just feel like I need to say something because I'm so afraid of all of this.

In before "F*CK YOU, MY KAI DIED OF DIABETUS".

Kai, please get this sorted ASAP. Please please please don't put it off. Even if it means you need to be given a Xanax before you can get pricked. Type 1 diabetes is a pain in the ass, but it's controllable and you can live a perfectly normal healthy life with it. The horrible bad shit that happens with it is because people let it get out of control, especially pre-diagnosis. I am sure your ACTUAL MOTHER has already covered all of this and I should shut up but I can't help it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sita

People actually do stuff for their birthday past the age of 21 (was gonna say 18, but then remembered drinking age)?
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on October 17, 2012, 11:09:42 PM
People actually do stuff for their birthday past the age of 21 (was gonna say 18, but then remembered drinking age)?

Helll yeah! I am a huge advocate of birthday parties. Even if it's just "Hey, it's my birthday, meet me at the bar" kind of parties. And I am WAY not above "Hey, it's my birthday and I'm having a party at my house, bring me booze and cake".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Man Green on October 17, 2012, 11:23:04 PM

Helll yeah! I am a huge advocate of birthday parties. Even if it's just "Hey, it's my birthday, meet me at the bar" kind of parties. And I am WAY not above "Hey, it's my birthday and I'm having a party at my house, bring me booze and cake".

I think I am going to do a 'Hey it's my birthday!!! Bring booze and dice and we shall drunkenly slay pretend monsters for pretend loot on graphpaper!!!'

Sita

I so need to know people beyond my husband and parents IRL. Birthdays have never been anything more than a card and a call here. Basically just another day.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 17, 2012, 11:27:23 PM

I think I am going to do a 'Hey it's my birthday!!! Bring booze and dice and we shall drunkenly slay pretend monsters for pretend loot on graphpaper!!!'

DOO EEEEET!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on October 17, 2012, 11:31:40 PM

I so need to know people beyond my husband and parents IRL. Birthdays have never been anything more than a card and a call here. Basically just another day.

yeah, you gotta meet some peeps.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 17, 2012, 10:55:47 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 17, 2012, 07:35:57 PM
Quote from: V3X on October 17, 2012, 07:34:12 PM
Nothing that I'm aware of yet.

Now you are.  My birthday party is scheduled for that Saturday, and you need to get down here for it.  There will be booze.  There will be freaks.  There will be a declaration of martial law.

:aaa: If there is any time that I wish to fuck that Tucson was within a day's drive, this is it.

PLEASE COME TO TUCSON IN THE SPRINGTIME
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Made my first hilarious foray into the Mass Effect 3 co-op play.  Got to round three soloing as a Human Adept on bronze, then a Geth Hunter stamped on me  :sad:  The rocket I took to the face may have helped him in killing me, to be fair.

The Good Reverend Roger

Yep.

And sometimes we do shit because it's SATURDAY NIGHT.

Any excuse is the right excuse.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 17, 2012, 11:58:42 PM

Now you are.  My birthday party is scheduled for that Saturday, and you need to get down here for it.  There will be booze.  There will be freaks.  There will be a declaration of martial law.

:aaa: If there is any time that I wish to fuck that Tucson was within a day's drive, this is it.

:aaa:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 18, 2012, 12:00:47 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 17, 2012, 11:58:42 PM

:aaa:

We only have two seasons.

We just started spring.  Summer starts in March.

Cain

If that condition extends to the rest of Arizona, someone needs to write Springtime for Sheriff Joe.