News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reeducation

I'm drinking Chartreuse. Very good stuff.

And I just watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIXUgtNC4Kc

It's awesome.

I am very calm

Kai

Well, I got the test done. I was right, it wasn't the pain at all. Compared to my sciatica in the summer of 2007, most pain is minor in comparison. It was all about the needles, and once it was in I was fine. And I just got the test results back this morning. My mother drove all the way down here by herself to be here with me. My fasting glucose levels were 104 that morning, which is higher than it should be (normal range is 70-100). So, it was borderline, but at least my pancreas is still making insulin, which is a complete relief. I'm also feeling a lot better, eating smaller meals, cutting all fruit except berries out of my diet, no caffeine, no alcohol, and definitely no simple sugars.

Though, I feel exhausted. My mother is a whirlwind right now. She's coming down from mania associated with a huge festival she put on last week, and it is sort of driving me nuts. But I'm glad she's here.

Anyway, I probably just need to make these dietary changes and check my blood sugar at home every so often. *huge deep breath*
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Three hours of sleep and I'm working from 6am this morning to 11pm tonight.  PRIVATE SECTOR, FUCK YEAH!

On the plus side I actually passed out from exhaustion, meaning I missed our painfully boring staff meeting.

Juana

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on October 19, 2012, 05:57:28 PM
Well, I got the test done. I was right, it wasn't the pain at all. Compared to my sciatica in the summer of 2007, most pain is minor in comparison. It was all about the needles, and once it was in I was fine. And I just got the test results back this morning. My mother drove all the way down here by herself to be here with me. My fasting glucose levels were 104 that morning, which is higher than it should be (normal range is 70-100). So, it was borderline, but at least my pancreas is still making insulin, which is a complete relief. I'm also feeling a lot better, eating smaller meals, cutting all fruit except berries out of my diet, no caffeine, no alcohol, and definitely no simple sugars.

Though, I feel exhausted. My mother is a whirlwind right now. She's coming down from mania associated with a huge festival she put on last week, and it is sort of driving me nuts. But I'm glad she's here.

Anyway, I probably just need to make these dietary changes and check my blood sugar at home every so often. *huge ydeep breath*
Good news, yes?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Anyway, I probably just need to make these dietary changes and check my blood sugar at home every so often. *huge deep breath*

WHEW.  :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm so glad it's not full-blown diabetes! I hope it turns out to be easily controlled through careful diet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Don Coyote

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Green on October 19, 2012, 08:10:22 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 19, 2012, 06:53:13 PM
BREAKING: BURNING MAN COMES TO DALLAS/FT. WORTH

Fuckin' hippies.  :lulz:

That first photograph is AMAZING.

SO FUCKING CREEPY.

Yeah, why doesn't his face burn?

TBH, he was always kind of creepy.

The burning pic might make a pretty good WOMP, though.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Stella, that's not "kind of" creepy. That's PANTS-WETTINGLY TERRIFYING.