News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 21, 2012, 09:30:49 PM
The dialogue on fluoridation going down in Portland right now makes me want to punch people in the neck.

Do it.  If you fight it, your blood pressure will go all sideways.  And it's a public service.

No, I won't sign your goddamn petition because I DON'T want the public to have a chance to vote on public health policy, dumbasses.

Why do you hate democracy and plain old common sense, Nigel?

Personally, I want a bunch of hipsters and po'buckers deciding these things.  I want them deciding how much water to extract from the ground, too.  And whether or not we should drill for oil in the last few untouched areas of the country.

Also, I want them deciding education policy.  Oh, yeah.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

:horrormirth: I think it would be a good idea to make schools accountable to the parents rather than the state/federal government but I shudder at the idea of them dictating policy.

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 09:31:58 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 21, 2012, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 09:21:27 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 21, 2012, 09:21:09 PM
I can't drink coffee anymore.  :cry: I miss it.

Why not?
Uh, I fucked up my stomach one summer through irresponsible eating. I can drink and eat acidic things, I just can't drink coffee without being miserable for eight to ten hours and spending about half of that wanting to puke.

They make a pill for that.  If I don't have a Nexium in the morning, by noon I'm vomiting acid like the beasties in Aliens

TGRR,
Better living through chemistry
If I had trouble with more than just coffee, I'd be investigating that. But it's jut coffee. I mostly miss the taste, since I've found a replacement source of caffeine.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 21, 2012, 09:37:16 PM
:horrormirth: I think it would be a good idea to make schools accountable to the parents rather than the state/federal government but I shudder at the idea of them dictating policy.

Geology:  Jesus did it.
Biology:  Jesus did it.
Physics:  Jesus did it.
American History:  Jesus did it.
Health:  You filthy pervert.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

Early in geology's history as a science, there were people who stopped pursuing it because it contradicted the bible. I suspect they'd stop teaching it altogether (because, pfft, who needs to know about plate tectonics?).
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 21, 2012, 09:46:50 PM
Early in geology's history as a science, there were people who stopped pursuing it because it contradicted the bible. I suspect they'd stop teaching it altogether (because, pfft, who needs to know about plate tectonics?).

It's GOD who makes earthquakes, to punish people for SINNING. DUH.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I want to start an organization to gather signatures to petition the Federal government to take the fluoride out of all our water and fruit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 21, 2012, 10:31:24 PM
I want to start an organization to gather signatures to petition the Federal government to take the fluoride out of all our water and fruit.

It gets in our rivers, you know.

TGRR,
Living in Honey Boo Boo Land.  Someone kill me.

Juana

Quote from: Man Green on October 21, 2012, 10:28:10 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 21, 2012, 09:46:50 PM

It's GOD who makes earthquakes, to punish people for SINNING. DUH.
:lulz: PAT ROBINSON SAID SO SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 09:39:19 PM

I blame light switches.  I don't know how the damn things work, but I know enough to use them in my day to day life.  Similarly, we don't need to know the details of the above topics together by in our day to day.  So we fill in the blanks with whatever pleasing sounding idiocy we can come up with.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 21, 2012, 11:32:07 PM

I blame light switches.  I don't know how the damn things work, but I know enough to use them in my day to day life.  Similarly, we don't need to know the details of the above topics together by in our day to day.  So we fill in the blanks with whatever pleasing sounding idiocy we can come up with.

Actually, I think it's a deliberate reaction.  Americans are so insanely polarized that we will pass any amount of insane legislation/standards just to piss the other side off.  And consequences?  What are those?  We'll just blame the other side.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 10:32:20 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 21, 2012, 10:31:24 PM

It gets in our rivers, you know.

TGRR,
Living in Honey Boo Boo Land.  Someone kill me.

Did you know they even put it in our VEGETABLES!

:argh!:

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 11:33:33 PM
Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 21, 2012, 11:32:07 PM

Actually, I think it's a deliberate reaction.  Americans are so insanely polarized that we will pass any amount of insane legislation/standards just to piss the other side off.  And consequences?  What are those?  We'll just blame the other side.

Naw, that's why it gets traction.  But the idiot lies come from somewhere and must be used or else they shrivel up. And those, they come from folks for whom the world must be simple or they can't function.

Recognizing that Thomas Jefferson was both a great man and a vile fucking hypocrite is too much for folks like that.  Coming to the conclusion that evolution may just answer how god made us, but not why, is too much.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I want to point out that iron overdose is the #1 cause of death by poisoning of children under five.

Yet, not only does our government actually add iron to common foods such as flour, it's also in our water, vegetables, legumes, shellfish, and most alarmingly of all, even in our MEAT. Knowing the catastrophic consequences of iron overdose, I find it utterly unconscionable, nay, reprehensible that the government would force this poison on us through our food supply, giving us no choice but to consume it and even to feed it to our vulnerable little children!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 21, 2012, 11:43:45 PM
I want to point out that iron overdose is the #1 cause of death by poisoning of children under five.

Yet, not only does our government actually add iron to common foods such as flour, it's also in our water, vegetables, legumes, shellfish, and most alarmingly of all, even in our MEAT. Knowing the catastrophic consequences of iron overdose, I find it utterly unconscionable, nay, reprehensible that the government would force this poison on us through our food supply, giving us no choice but to consume it and even to feed it to our vulnerable little children!

HEY!

Some fucker put vitamin C in my orange juice?

More like VITAMIN CANCER.

Nephew Twiddleton

Im not going to be on much at all tonight. Im not going to be going home.

Rog thanks for the advice.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS