News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Genocide 2.0

Started by Lenin McCarthy, October 15, 2012, 08:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

(I just felt like writing something, and here it is.)

A few years (15? 20?) into the future. Unnamed developing African country. Internet access has become commonplace. All citizens are equipped with electronic ID tags. After years of stable economic growth, the economy stagnates. People look for scapegoats, ethnic conflict flares up.

So you kinda like your neighbor, but he's a *insert ethnic group* and you're not. Understandably, you wouldn't want to kill the cockroach personally. Okay. That doesn't make you a traitor or a weak man in our eyes. Well... just a little. But we have a solution to that! Just donate a few bucks to our Kickstarter project!
You could also just kill him and his extended family, get looting rights AND you also get this shiny new phone!
Add two more families, and you might win this FANCY NEW CAR
And maybe you want to have dinner with a celebrity? Or an all-inclusive luxury vacation to Mauritius? A fancy new home? You can get all this and more by contributing to our project either financially, physically or both. Clean up the nation and win great prizes!
And remember, kids: Red tags are enemies, blue tags are friends!

In the civilized world, wherever that is in 15-20 years, people will say "Dude. How mean people can be. Africans.."
And nobody will ever track down the money that flowed in from multinational corporations who for some reason wanted the annoying *ethnic group* to go. Perhaps their ancient holy grazing grounds houses an oil field? Arms deals will be made, and injustices self-perpetuate.

Community-based, crowdsourced, crowdfunded - welcome to Genocide 2.0!

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, fuck yeah.

We need Net or someone to make posters for this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'm fairly sure this happened in 1994.

Sano

Whoa... the worst thing is that it doesn't sound impossible in the least.  :horrormirth:

Quote from: Cain on October 16, 2012, 08:20:13 PM

Whoa. Where?
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Sano on October 17, 2012, 02:59:19 AM
Whoa... the worst thing is that it doesn't sound impossible in the least.  :horrormirth:

Quote from: Cain on October 16, 2012, 08:20:13 PM

Whoa. Where?

Rawanda
This space for rent.