News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Reflections on The 1st Edition...

Started by BjornGrey, October 17, 2012, 11:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BjornGrey

Pages 36-38 in the Appendix Discordia contain a document entitled "DISCORDIANISM ACCORDING TO MALACLYPSE (THE YOUNGER)", which is most interesting. One reason for this is that it looks to me to be the closest thing we have in regards to the contents of Hill's "How the West Was Lost" printed in 1961, which I reckon is the oldest Discordian text there is. I could be wrong about that tho. (I do know that it predates the Honest Book of Truth, which may never have been finished or even written). 

A question about its contents: on page 38 under Lord Omar's section is the following paragraph:

Lately, there has been some delightful confusion within the
Society about the TD and DT.  In "order" to clear this up, and
make way for fresh chaos (which is how we rationalize this sort
of operation), I should like to now timidly propose some (5) basic
guidelines-in-the-public-interest for the general welfare of Our
Society:

What the flip does "TD" and "DT" stand for?

also, hello everyone, this is my fnord first post

Verbal Mike

True Dat and Da Troof, obviously.

Welcome to PD. You'll probably want to find some of those helpful guides for newcomers. PD knows no mercy. Don't feed...those...things.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

AFK

I dunno, but is there more to the passage after the colon?  Perhaps more context would help solve the puzzle.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

"Touch Down" and "Delirium Tremens", respectively.

BjornGrey

Ah ha! While I can read, I certainly do not like to. But when I do, I don't do it well.

On page 45 there is the answer to one of my questions:

DISCORDIANISM ACCORDING TO MALACLYPSE (THE YOUNGER)

THE DISORGANIZATION TABLE ("TD")

now... the other one...DT (which may also need to be reversed)...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 17, 2012, 12:12:24 PM
I dunno, but is there more to the passage after the colon? 

There'd better be.  Or your lower torso will fill up like a vacuum cleaner bag.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BjornGrey

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 17, 2012, 12:12:24 PM
I dunno, but is there more to the passage after the colon?  Perhaps more context would help solve the puzzle.

Yeah, there is... and reading it again I have found another lead. The Good Rev. Bull Goose of Limbo signs off

--O.K.R.
                                  Bull:DT:l-2.1;4:18:64

This suggests that it could mean "Discordian Title"... In fact, I believe this is the answer. Thanks everyone for helping me figure this out!

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.