News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Mike the Engineer covers himself in glory. Again.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 19, 2012, 08:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on October 21, 2012, 09:55:17 PM
You invited him to the birthday party, right?

Absolutely not.  We have FUN freaks for that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 09:40:49 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 21, 2012, 09:38:39 PM
Gross. I can understand tenure in terms of protecting people from office politics, but there's a point where sheer incompetence just needs to be fired.

Well, it's not actually tenure.  It's that we're the forgotten station.  Nobody remembers we're here.  That's why Mike was exiled here from the parent facility.  It's like I work in Siberia.  Or an oubliette.

So then his current assignment is punishment for being a goddamned Jackass to begin with?
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 21, 2012, 11:49:29 PM
Gross. I can understand tenure in terms of protecting people from office politics, but there's a point where sheer incompetence just needs to be fired.

Well, it's not actually tenure.  It's that we're the forgotten station.  Nobody remembers we're here.  That's why Mike was exiled here from the parent facility.  It's like I work in Siberia.  Or an oubliette.

So then his current assignment is punishment for being a goddamned Jackass to begin with?

Yep. 

I, on the other hand, was hired on here.

I can't decide which is worse.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 11:50:53 PM

Yep. 

Then you must fuck with him at every opportunity.  It's a moral imperative.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 21, 2012, 11:52:29 PM

Yep. 

I'm on the phone with him right now.   :lulz:

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 11:55:24 PM

Yep. 

Draw an unreasonable line on how much you're willing to help clean up his latest fuckup and insist that you're meeting him halfway.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 22, 2012, 12:07:01 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 21, 2012, 11:55:24 PM

Yep. 

Draw an unreasonable line on how much you're willing to help clean up his latest fuckup and insist that you're meeting him halfway.

I told him that his piping scheme is fucked, his instrumentation idea was retarded, but that I still respect his engineering skills nonetheless.

He hung up on me. :(

Internet Jesus

Wait.  Does Mike have any sway with regards to staffing decisions at all?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 22, 2012, 12:12:57 AM
Wait.  Does Mike have any sway with regards to staffing decisions at all?

Nope.

This is why I fuck with him constantly.  I mean, besides his apparent mental deficiencies.