News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

ITT you give me medical advice for which you are not legally responsible

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, October 22, 2012, 01:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 24, 2012, 02:05:40 AM
Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 01:22:38 AM
Quote from: American Jackal on October 23, 2012, 10:48:02 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 23, 2012, 08:58:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2012, 08:57:23 PM
Needs more Homeopathy ITT.

And some herbal tea1.  That shit always works.

1 As opposed to tea not made from herbs.  Sort of like how there's organic food and inorganic food.

Non-herbal tea would be water, which would still have the memory of the herbs in it, ergo, non-herbal tea is homeopathic.

Quote from: Man Green on October 23, 2012, 10:08:59 PM
Shit, I hope little dude recovers quickly and without complications!

Also this.

You know what annoys me more than "herbal tea"? "Decaf herbal tea".

It's NOT DECAFFEINATED if it NEVER HAD CAFFEINE IN IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Bugs the shit out of me.

Wouldn;t that be decaf green tea, which is technically decaf herbal tea? Or is this herbal tea in the common "has other random plant bits steeped in water that never had caffeine in the first place"?

All tea has caffeine in it unless it's been decaffeinated. Most tisanes don't, but some do. Something that has never had caffeine in it can't be decaffeinated, unless you add caffeine to it and then take it out again.

All this is reminding me of the girl in my sociology class yesterday who was arguing that "unsocialized" is a misnomer because even children who grow up without human contact are being "socialized", they're just being "socialized" to a lack of social contact.
:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hate that girl. She's the "well, but..." girl of the class, which would be fine if she wasn't a complete idiot. I actually prefer the other opinionated idiot in the class, who is at least funny and blurts out shit that is so completely beside the point that whenever he starts making noises everyone's all "Oh HELL yes this is going to be AWESOME".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 05:34:04 PM

1 As opposed to tea not made from herbs.  Sort of like how there's organic food and inorganic food.

Non-herbal tea would be water, which would still have the memory of the herbs in it, ergo, non-herbal tea is homeopathic.

Also this.

Bugs the shit out of me.

Wouldn;t that be decaf green tea, which is technically decaf herbal tea? Or is this herbal tea in the common "has other random plant bits steeped in water that never had caffeine in the first place"?

All tea has caffeine in it unless it's been decaffeinated. Most tisanes don't, but some do. Something that has never had caffeine in it can't be decaffeinated, unless you add caffeine to it and then take it out again.

All this is reminding me of the girl in my sociology class yesterday who was arguing that "unsocialized" is a misnomer because even children who grow up without human contact are being "socialized", they're just being "socialized" to a lack of social contact.

I once saw a factory that was automated by having people do the tasks in question.  :)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 05:35:58 PM

Also this.

Bugs the shit out of me.

I once saw a factory that was automated by having people do the tasks in question.  :)

If a baby was socialized in a forest and there was nobody there to socialize it, did socialization occur?

What is the sound of one hand fapping?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also this.

Bugs the shit out of me.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 24, 2012, 07:09:45 PM

Also this.

Bugs the shit out of me.

If a baby was socialized in a forest and there was nobody there to socialize it, did socialization occur?

I'm gonna ask her this.  :lol:

She's totally the kind of person who will get a shitty grade in the class and then appeal it on the basis that the professor's answers are wrong and hers are right.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 07:51:42 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 24, 2012, 07:09:45 PM

Also this.

Bugs the shit out of me.

I'm gonna ask her this.  :lol:

She's totally the kind of person who will get a shitty grade in the class and then appeal it on the basis that the professor's answers are wrong and hers are right.

:thanks: and  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division