News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Can I interrupt your very important business for just one second?

Started by Doktor Howl, September 12, 2011, 06:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

And I thought it was just me that was in a slump. A year-long slump, but a slump nonetheless. Actually, come to think of it, I can't remember a time that I wasn't in a slump.

I'll see about getting something written. I owe it to myself.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Haha! Ha. Some very good posts in here. I haven't been ranting, but I've been writing.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on September 15, 2011, 03:32:04 PM
Haha! Ha. Some very good posts in here. I haven't been ranting, but I've been writing.

You're back!

:banana:

We thought you'd been eaten by starving hipsters!
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks guys. I was frustrated and took a break. Not sure it accomplished jack shit, but it was a good break.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on September 15, 2011, 04:17:20 PM
Thanks guys. I was frustrated and took a break. Not sure it accomplished jack shit, but it was a good break.

Taking breaks is vital to experiencing new and interesting frustrations. If you let them pile up you can't appreciate their subtleties.

Also, sometimes real life needs attending. Good to see you back.

President Television

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on September 15, 2011, 06:14:00 AM
And I thought it was just me that was in a slump. A year-long slump, but a slump nonetheless. Actually, come to think of it, I can't remember a time that I wasn't in a slump.

I'll see about getting something written. I owe it to myself.

Fuck. I tried.
Horrible. Horrible.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2011, 06:58:24 PM
What's the matter, Bunky?  You say life landed on you like a ton of bricks?  When didn't it?  You say you left your Slack™ in the bottom of a long neck bottle in some scummy bar, and that fiendish bar back took it away while you weren't looking?  You say you wanted to go fuck with someone, but someone had to mind the fort?

Too tired, too lazy, too busy blearily hitting the refresh button and the "read new posts" button to say howdy?  Boy, it's a good thing this hasn't turned into another form of television, right?  Ho ho!  At least THAT can't happen here! 

It seems The Spider IS everywhere, because we brought him, because like I said before, The Spider isn't some faceless corporation, the fucking Spider is in your head.  And because he's in your head, he's everywhere, and he's even turned Discordianism into a reason to become mostly comatose.  I'll respond to that when I can think of something to say.  I'll start my diet tomorrow.  It's all hopeless anyway, so why get excited right this minute?

What's that you say?  You're busy?   Not too busy to BE here, but too busy to say anything, to write anything, to make a fucker laugh until his guts bleed, just for the hell of it.  Where have all the cheap yuks gone?  Was it finally actually too much?  Too much Slack™, too much Horrormirth, too much bad signal on the TV.  Too many crooked politicians, the game is rigged, the fix is in, why bother?

Forgive me if I lose my shit here, but THIS IS WHAT DISCORDIANISM IS ALL ABOUT!  Just as the first amendment exists to protect unpopular speech (popular speech doesn't need protecting), Discordianism is all about getting our cheap laughs in when things get bad!  ANY DAMN FOOL can laugh when things are merely funny!  It takes a special kind of idiot to giggle when the flood waters reach your bottom lip.  I am that kind of idiot, and I hope YOU are, too.

But tell Dirty Old Uncle Howl all about the reasons you can sit "viewing" all day, with nothing to say.  Tell me why, tell me your stories of woe, and I shall hold your hand and dry your tears.  Tell me all about how they've sewn your mouth shut, how You Must Shit And Have No Ass.  Tell me also how you've become too discouraged to give a shit, how they finally shoved your face into the mud and you're just too weary to lift it back out, and anyway this mud isn't too bad, is it? 

Well, I have news for you, kiddos...That's the same mud that everyone else is slurping up, and it isn't mud.  You are partaking of the shit sandwich that the rest of Western civilization has learned to love, and boy howdy, aren't you glad you aren't like them?  Aren't you glad that it's temporary in your case, that you're just resting for a few days or months or years until you get your breath back?

Shut the fuck up.  EVERYONE says that.  Who do you think the yahoos are?  What do you think THEY say?  "I'll be rich one day, I just know it.  But not today, because I have to wax my toes."  They say this, because the only happiness THEY understand comes on little green rectangular paper once every two weeks.  They're saying THE SAME THING you're saying, only they're using a different brass ring.

SAY SOMETHING!  Prove to yourself that you're really there, that you are still YOU.  Rant your fucking guts up.  Do it NOW.  It's not just entertaining, it's also the easiest way to STAY YOU.  You aren't ranting to me, you're ranting at the endless pile of horseshit and electronic toys that they're trying to smother you in!

Or not.  You could just read this, and chuckle to yourself about what an excitable type that Dok is, how he's always bitching about something.  Then you can go back to the riveting activity of "viewing" a forum or a post or your navel, while you're supposed to be working.  If you respond to this, if you can even break your lassitude long enough to do that, be sure to include your excuse for why your face is missing, why you have that Goddamn feeding tube where your mouth used to be...And rest assured, I will read it and absolve you of your lack of sins. 

Because I'm a nice guy that way.

Okay for whenever,
Dok

Bump for rewriting/repurposing (not concerning F5 or lurkers or anything, so everyone shut up.)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sita

Thanks for this bump. I noticed I had posted in this thread and reading back have realized that in a year* I've done absolutely shit to change how I go about things.
I am a forever complainer, it seems. Much easier to bitch and moan than actually do. Story of my life.

This shit is going to change. It has to change. Because I'm getting sick and tired of all the excuses my brain keeps coming up with.

*realistically we all know it's been longer than that
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sita on October 24, 2012, 07:49:58 PM
Thanks for this bump. I noticed I had posted in this thread and reading back have realized that in a year* I've done absolutely shit to change how I go about things.
I am a forever complainer, it seems. Much easier to bitch and moan than actually do. Story of my life.

This shit is going to change. It has to change. Because I'm getting sick and tired of all the excuses my brain keeps coming up with.

Well, you wrote some fantastic shit the other day.  I'd like to see more.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 07:52:50 PM
AND THEN EVERYTHING DEFAULTS TO MAIN.

I tripped across this today, and it gave me a GREAT idea for a rant.  Totally different topic, same general style.  It's mostly for Scrubgenius, but I'll post it here as well, with a disclaimer that it's recycled.

It may go orange, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Sita

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 08:06:40 PM
Quote from: Sita on October 24, 2012, 07:49:58 PM

Well, you wrote some fantastic shit the other day.  I'd like to see more.
Thanks. I'll see what I can do. Might have to actually go into the personal realm since I seem to write about that best. Another hurdle to overcome.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 08:08:12 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 07:52:50 PM
AND THEN EVERYTHING DEFAULTS TO MAIN.

I tripped across this today, and it gave me a GREAT idea for a rant.  Totally different topic, same general style.  It's mostly for Scrubgenius, but I'll post it here as well, with a disclaimer that it's recycled.

It may go orange, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Just pay mind to the INTERRUPTION POINT and everything will be OK.