News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Welcome to Discordia

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 23, 2016, 03:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Pergamos on December 02, 2016, 12:33:54 AM
I didn't think he was going to win because Clinton is very clearly the establishment candidate.  This means I was either too cynical about how rigged the system is or not cynical enough and the establishment is done with the lube and is strapping on the big spiked dildo.

Im wildly alternating between Trump being the icebergtip of some kind of behind the scenes power struggle within the establishment or just being controlled opposition. Look at his "bumbling transition." Patraeus, Chris Christie. All people who have been driven out of the establishment. But then he sucks up to Goldman Sachs. Very mixed signals. But thats a digression.

Its worth noting here that your problem was you bought the Trump line, by both him and his detractors(which was some of the stupidest PR of this election. "Hey guys neocons love Hillary!") that he is anti-establishment. If you want to understand the next 4/8 years, you need to stop taking Trump at face value. Remember GWBs awww shucks yokel act that everyone fell for as he got everything he wanted? Everyone is about to fall for that again. Hard. I look forward to smug articles about how much of an idiot Trump is well into his second term.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 01, 2016, 02:28:53 AM
We're at "1 man 1 jar" level of upset now. It would be comical if I wasn't increasingly sure he's had his humor gland surgically removed. A bag of skittles says it was replaced with a bag of skittles shit.

From what I am gathering, although he was previously upset that I told him to fuck off, he is now upset that I pointed out that he never apologized to me.

:lulz:

Maybe he has mommy issues.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 02, 2016, 12:14:15 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2016, 12:09:04 AM
Sigh.

Keep telling yourself it was about trade deals. It's easier than facing reality I guess.

So trade had absolutely nothing to do with it? Clintons support of the TPP and NAFTA was just trivia? Again, please oh person who was completely ignorant of Trumps victory explain to me how his voters ACTUALLY think.

And keep completely ignoring the economy brahs! Totally isnt a thing that people vote for at all!

I'm pretty sure the Klan vote, for example, didn't give a fuck. I'm also quite sure the fundamentalist Christian vote didn't give a shit either. In both cases there "white male" was the winning ticket.

Or are we still pretending that voters are well informed on a range of issues?

And Nigel, I think it's more likely to be "Fedora issues" for want of a better term. The bullshit mea culpa made that much apparent.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2016, 02:12:53 AM
Sigh.

Keep telling yourself it was about trade deals. It's easier than facing reality I guess.

So trade had absolutely nothing to do with it? Clintons support of the TPP and NAFTA was just trivia? Again, please oh person who was completely ignorant of Trumps victory explain to me how his voters ACTUALLY think.

And keep completely ignoring the economy brahs! Totally isnt a thing that people vote for at all!

I'm pretty sure the Klan vote, for example, didn't give a fuck. I'm also quite sure the fundamentalist Christian vote didn't give a shit either. In both cases there "white male" was the winning ticket.

And Nigel, I think it's more likely to be "Fedora issues" for want of a better term. The bullshit mea culpa made that much apparent.

How big do you think "the Klan vote" actually is? Also Christian Fundamentalists predominantly backed a Latino against a white male in the Republican primaries. I dont think voters are well informed by any means but it seems bizzare to think that they dont care about the economy. Remember when EVERYONE was talking about TPP? Also if you actually listened to any of Trumps speeches and not just the sound bites youd know that NAFTA was a cornerstone of his campaign. His actually campaign, that his voters paid attention to not the charicature that you got from Trevor Noah.

Pergamos

Sigh.

The klan and fundies didn't manage to put a white man in office when they were facing a black man, which is much worse in the klan's eyes than a woman, who many thought was a Muslim, worse from a fundy point of view.  So It isn't just that Trump was supported by those groups.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sigh.

Haha, yeah, fedora issues seem apparent.

As for Trump's constituents, I have seen some very good analyses of their demographics and their primary concerns, some of which have been posted here, all of which far outstrip RPs amateur-hour attempts.

I sure miss Cain, in these dark and trying times.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 02, 2016, 04:42:26 AM
Sigh.

As for Trump's constituents, I have seen some very good analyses of their demographics and their primary concerns, some of which have been posted here, all of which far outstrip RPs amateur-hour attempts.

I sure miss Cain, in these dark and trying times

Damn so you have some unnamed, unlinked studies which state really interesting things but the only thing you can remember about them is their smarter than what Im posting. You sure know how to add to a discussion. Dont you have some aimless violent riots to cheer on?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 02, 2016, 05:12:45 AM
Sigh.

I sure miss Cain, in these dark and trying times

Damn so you have some unnamed, unlinked studies which state really interesting things but the only thing you can remember about them is their smarter than what Im posting. You sure know how to add to a discussion. Dont you have some aimless violent riots to cheer on?

Don't you have a date with Brother Nihil?

Something something black pillz
Something something alt-reich
Something something Hail Kuk
Something something deeper plz
Something something feelz good

Repeat Repeat Repeat :boring:

And I'm just over here watching the real show go On.
:drama1:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Sigh.

Same. Is he out with computer issues?
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 08, 2016, 10:09:01 PM
Sigh.

Internet access bullshit.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 08, 2016, 10:11:56 PM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 08, 2016, 10:09:01 PM
Sigh.

Internet access bullshit.

Some manager, somewhere is having a terrible, terrible time. Probably getting an unusual amount of post too. Possibly the odd pigeon.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.