News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Brit Spags! So Jim fixed it...

Started by Mangrove, October 23, 2012, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Careful now, you're wading into Icke infested waters.

It's dangerous to go alone, take this:

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Given the choice of sharing space with Icke or sharing space with the editorial team of the Sun, Express and Mail...well, there's no proof the royal family aren't satanic shapeshifting reptiles from the lower 4th dimension, really. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 27, 2014, 12:31:15 PM
Careful now, you're wading into Icke infested waters.

It's dangerous to go alone, take this:

My god, that's hideous. I want it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2014, 12:36:15 PM
Given the choice of sharing space with Icke or sharing space with the editorial team of the Sun, Express and Mail...well, there's no proof the royal family aren't satanic shapeshifting reptiles from the lower 4th dimension, really.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Heh.  According to page 91 of the report, the "inquiry team [is] confident ethnic issues did not influence professional decision-making in individual cases".

So, in other words, the tabloids made shit up.  Not entirely out of thin air, the report does note that frontline staff expressed concerns their work could be interpreted as racist, but still, c'mon now.

The figure of 1400 abused is questionable, as the inquiry team only looked at 66 individual case files.  They drew a random sample from the available case files they had access to...which while statistically valid, in a kind of naive way, is really open to basic sampling errors.

Cain

And it gets better.  The oh-so politically correct culture of the Rotheram police?  The report describes it as "bullying and macho", with a lot of sexist bullying in particular going on.  This was only amplified by the "traditional" Pakistani approach to gender relations, such as town councillors demanding social workers reveal the locations of women fleeing domestic violence on behalf of their husbands.

zomg teh peecee loonasee.

Junkenstein

Bump. Because this shit isn't ending and actually appears to be again, worse than suspected:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29803799

QuoteDuring the inquiry, Stockport MP Ms Coffey spoke to young people who had been approached by men.

One told her: "I said: 'Can you not see I am a little girl? I am in my uniform'."

Ms Coffey said: "It is an everyday occurrence for [some young girls], something they find deeply upsetting, that older men are approaching them on the street inviting them into cars and in some instances touching them."

The girls told her: "Well it happens so often, so many men, what can the police do?"

"That indicates they are living in an environment where it is felt to be ok to go and touch, and harass, and pester girls in uniforms," added Ms Coffey. "That is what I mean by it being a new social norm.

"It completely horrified me, so unexpected."

QuoteReport's main recommendations:
Investigate why, out of 12,879 recorded sexual offences, only 2,341 were taken to court and why, of those, just 1,078 led to convictions

Quote"Progress has been made and changes are taking place... but the biggest changes needed are in culture and attitudes of us all," Ms Coffey said.

She was "alarmed" the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) highlighted one girl who wore cropped tops and another being described as a "slag" by her father in cases that were declared No Further Action.

Police, social workers, prosecutors and juries all carry attitudes around with them, Ms Coffey said in the report.

Holy shit. I think it's fairly self evident as to why the prosecution and conviction rates are what they are.

Coffey, unfortunately is a bit of non-entity politically. It's almost worth advocating some kind of policy where announcements of this nature have to be done by, oh, I don't know, Footballers or Soap opera actors or something. Anyone more publicly recognisable than Random MP would be better. You could probably get a list of those that would/help comply together quite quickly.

It's something I've mocked the USA for in the past, but the "forcing celebrities to do PSA work" sounds like it might just work out here.

And of course, you get to draw up another very interesting list for the ones that refuse.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

As always, it's worth following Exaro News for these sorts of stories:

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5379/graham-wilmer-blasts-michael-gove-over-sex-abuse-at-schools

QuoteGraham Wilmer, a member of the panel for the overarching inquiry into child sex abuse (CSA), is furious with Michael Gove for refusing, when he was education secretary, to order an investigation into allegations against schools run by a Catholic order in Great Britain. Wilmer was sexually abused as a pupil at a school run by the order – the Salesians.

In his book, 'The Devil's Advocate', which is published today, Wilmer says that he "had written several times" to Gove to investigate the Salesian order, which runs several schools in the UK. Wilmer is director of the Lantern Project, a charity that supports CSA victims.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5389/justin-welby-admits-child-abuse-has-been-rampant-within-coe

QuoteArchbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby admits in a private letter that child abuse has been "rampant" in the Church of England and other UK institutions.

Writing to the mother of three boys who were groomed and sexually abused by the headmaster of a school run by the Church of England (CoE), Welby says: "The betrayal of Christ in such behaviour is complete."

His strikingly candid comments underline the scale of the task for the overarching inquiry into child sex abuse, whose terms of reference were announced on Tuesday.

He wrote the letter after the mother, Marilyn Hawes, a committed Christian from Hertfordshire, turned to Exaro because an official at Lambeth Palace twice fobbed her off when she tried to raise the issue with the current and previous archbishops.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5363/conservative-conference-faces-fresh-claims-over-paedophile-mps

QuoteThis year's Conservative conference is set to be dogged by fresh allegations about how the party covered up for paedophile MPs.

New claims about Sir Peter Morrison, the late MP who was Lady Thatcher's parliamentary private secretary (PPS) when she was prime minister, are due to be published at the end of this month to coincide with the Conservatives' annual conference.

It will renew questions about who in the party knew what about Morrison and when. He was publicly identified as a paedophile after he died.

The details are to be disclosed by Gyles Brandreth, broadcaster, and former Conservative MP and government whip in John Major's government, in his updated diaries.

His book, 'Breaking the Code', is also expected to disclose details about the secretive workings of the Whips' Office, which is embroiled by concerns about how it helped to cover up paedophilia among MPs.

www.exaronews.com/articles/5381/operation-fernbridge-loses-chief-as-pressure-mounts-on-met

QuoteScotland Yard's senior detective who was heading its wide-ranging investigations into paedophile politicians has been forced to quit, Exaro can reveal.

Detective chief inspector Paul Settle, head of the Metropolitan Police Service's paedophile unit, has stepped aside after months of pressure over the direction of the investigations. According to one Met source, the DCI is formally off on sick leave.

The Met has also more than tripled the number of officers on the investigations, from seven to 22. The increased effort comes as its handling of the allegations faces close scrutiny from the overarching inquiry into child sex abuse (CSA), which was announced in July.

Cain

So, I try to avoid reading the papers whenever possible.  As such, I'd like to know: has any newspaper reported on the relationship between Lord Leon Brittan and the Deputy Prime Minister?  Nick Clegg worked for him for quite a few years, and one wonders whether the Deputy PM has something to be concerned about.

Cain

Intelligence link made

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5398/ex-mi6-chief-named-as-sexual-abuser-of-boys-at-dolphin-square

QuoteOne of the VIPs who sexually abused boys at an apartment complex near Parliament has been identified as a former deputy director of MI6.

The disclosure of his identity to Exaro by a key witness has also been provided to Scotland Yard for its new investigation into historical allegations that MPs and other prominent people carried out child sex abuse at Dolphin Square and elsewhere.

An abuse survivor, known as "Nick" to protect his identity, told Exaro: "He used to like to kiss and to touch, liked me to do that to him. But it would always culminate in being raped. That is what happened all the time. That was normal."

Exaro can reveal today that this VIP identified by Nick as an abuser at Dolphin Square is Sir Peter Hayman, who was linked under parliamentary privilege in 1981 by Geoffrey Dickens, the late Conservative MP, to the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE), which promoted sex with children.

Nothing was said in Parliament about Hayman's role at the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS), better known as MI6, and Press reports at the time referred to him solely as a diplomat and as the UK's former high commissioner to Canada.

Of course, it's still only an allegation at this stage.  But it's an allegation with a certain amount of weight to it, given Dickens' own use of Parliamentary privilege to name him.

And while there have been reasons to doubt Dickens' dossier at least in part, it is worth highlighting this story from the Telegraph:

QuoteThe home of an MP who compiled a dossier alleging paedophile activity within Westminster was burgled twice in suspicious circumstances around the time he took it to the authorities, his son has said.

Barry Dickens said nothing was taken in what appeared to be two ''very professional'' intrusions into his father Geoffrey's home in 1983, leading to suspicions they may have been related to his attempt to expose alleged abuse.

He told ITV News he found it ''confusing and slightly worrying'' that the case appeared not to have been fully investigated at the time and backed calls for a public inquiry to establish the truth of the claims gathered by the Conservative MP.

And he said he did not know what had happened to an apparent second copy of the dossier after the Home Office admitted one which it received for investigation at the time appeared to have been destroyed.

''My parents had two burglaries at the time close to it without anything being taken, which seemed a very professional job the way they were carried out, so again a bit of suspicion there but who knows,'' Mr Dickens – whose father died in 1995 – told the programme.

Needless to say, British intelligence have made extensive use of trained personnel in robbery since the 1930s.  The infamous/legendary Maxwell Knight was probably the best historical example we have - he organised the break-in and theft of the British Communist Party's membership list and other documents in the 1930s.

So, just putting that out there.

Cain

Shit just got serious.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5410/analysis-what-led-to-homicide-probe-by-operation-midland

I arranged a secret meeting with someone who was prepared to talk. It was in a London park in May. This man had information for me.

But nothing could prepare me for what he described, the darkest of ordeals.

Exaro journalists had since late 2012 been investigating allegations that MPs and other prominent people sexually abused boys over many years in a high-level network of paedophiles.

The contact wanted his identity kept confidential and tightly contained. We would later refer to him as "Nick" in a series of articles.

On the face of it, Nick's account of his decade-long abuse – the trafficking, the brutal sexual and physical assaults, and the murders – and revelations about the status of the men defied belief.

Unlike many abuse survivors, Nick has gone on to have a successful life. He is intelligent, articulate and strong-minded. His accounts are uncomfortably detailed and consistent.

At that stage, Nick had no interest in talking to the police, the result of fear as well as previous failures to investigate high-profile paedophiles such as Jimmy Savile, the BBC star, and Sir Cyril Smith, the former Liberal MP.

But during our detailed discussions, Nick's confidence soared. His counselling was crucial. But, he said, Exaro had also done something that abuse survivors value. We listened, and we investigated.

In July, Exaro together with the Sunday People published a report on alleged abuse at Dolphin Square, an apartment complex favoured by MPs near Parliament, based on the accounts of Nick and another survivor.

The report told a horrifying story of how two former Conservative MPs – including an ex-cabinet minister – and other VIPs sexually abused, even raped, Nick and other boys.

The detective in charge of 'Operation Fairbank', Scotland Yard's wide-ranging investigation into allegations of child sex abuse by MPs and VIPs, contacted Exaro's Editor-in-Chief, Mark Watts, to ask whether our two witnesses would talk to them.

I passed on the request. To my surprise and delight, Nick chose to come forward to talk to the police as a witness.

He agreed to meet the officer in charge of the operation and a second detective, but he insisted that I attend.

During this meeting in October, Nick handed over to police a list of his abusers, venues and other key information.

The Metropolitan Police Service's paedophile unit duly launched 'Operation Midland', under the Fairbank umbrella, investigating child sex abuse at Dolphin Square and other locations.

And on Friday, the Met announced that Operation Midland was investigating "possible homicide". We reveal today that police are investigating three murders, including an allegation that one boy was killed by a Conservative MP.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good lord.

I hope this goes somewhere, and isn't just hushed up in a business-as-usual way.

Cain

It was on the front pages of a couple of papers this morning.  The Sunday People, which is urgh and tabloidish (though it is actually at least following the story) and some of the broadsheets.

Notable lack of interest from the Mail, Sun and Express, though I think the Mail has at least given front page coverage to this story in the recent past.

Tom Watson, the Labour MP, is also still strongly supporting the investigation and pushing the issue. 

Demolition Squid

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/dec/06/theresa-may-child-sexual-abuse-inquiry-panel-accused-victims-letters

QuoteTwo members of Theresa May's panel inquiring into child sex abuse are facing calls to resign after being accused of sending threatening or insulting emails to victims who had criticised the inquiry.

Lawyers for one abuse survivor have written to the home secretary to complain of a string of unsolicited communications, including an allegedly threatening email sent two days before an official meeting that both panellists and an abuse survivor were due to attend.

The victim, who is on medication for post-traumatic stress disorder, was left too anxious to attend the "listening meeting" in November.

So obviously, I am not a lawyer... but this seems like a fairly clear cut case of perverting the course of justice, doesn't it? These people should be put on trial and potentially face imprisonment. But I'm guessing that actually, they'll just resign from the panel - causing yet more delays as they hunt for replacements, and bringing the whole thing even further into disrepute.

Between this and the 'lost records', it is becoming more and more obvious that the main aim of these efforts is to cover up the embarrassing truth. It'd almost be comical, if it wasn't for the fact we're talking about organized and systematic child rape which may well still be going on today.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Cain

This whole thing has been incredibly revealing.  Just the inquiry mess, I mean.

It's tempting to put the whole thing down to Government omnishambles (which always get some blame but, IMO, is far worse with the current coalition than any previous government except maybe John Major) or attempts to undermine Teresa May's reputation to prevent a future leadership bid.

But given we're discussing, in effect, a conspiracy involving members of the political class...well, it does look pretty bad.

I'm not going to lie, the whole thing is pretty shocking.  I mean, Savile, I can sorta see.  Even individual MPs or high ranking civil servants having coverups in their wake.  But the Exaro and police investigations are making it pretty clear that the historic case is that of organised, systemic child abuse...and that it involved murder.  I mean, that's a staple of some of the darker conspiracy theory literature, and I will admit even I found that difficult to entertain, as a theory.  To discover there is likely some kind of credible basis to those rumours, and that there are definitive links to the intelligence services, MPs and someone in Buckingham Palace (Exaro is being remarkably tight-lipped about that...though I can understand why) is quite unpleasant.