PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Brit Spags! So Jim fixed it...

Started by Mangrove, October 23, 2012, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

It's time for layer upon layer of irony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEolSjlcqng

Dr Fox Arrested. For those too young or ignorant, the Brass Eye paedophile special was a masterwork. Go and watch it right now.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

In other news, I have suspicions that at least a couple of current MP's spend their weekends disguised as schools. It seems inevitable.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 24, 2015, 06:31:10 PM
It's time for layer upon layer of irony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEolSjlcqng

Dr Fox Arrested. For those too young or ignorant, the Brass Eye paedophile special was a masterwork. Go and watch it right now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered his less than glorious appearance on Brass Eye.

Junkenstein

I've been using "There's no evidence but it is scientific fact" for years.

Cain

New edition of The Lobster (if you're only going to read one parapolitical journal, it should be this one) has an interesting article by Tim Wilkinson on organised pedophilia and the Tory party.

Killer quotes:

QuoteTebbit, asked whether there was a political cover-up of such matters, replied:

'I think there may well have been. It was almost unconscious. It was the thing that people did.' He explained:

'At that time I think most people would have thought that the establishment, the system, was to be protected and if a few things had gone wrong here and there that it was more important to protect the system.'

QuoteIn 1995, Tim Fortescue, recalling his career as Conservative MP and whip, reported that a member of his party who faced 'a scandal involving small boys' would ask the party whips to help hush it up. As Fortescue put it, 'we would do everything we can because.....if we could get a chap out of trouble then he will do as we ask forever more.'

QuoteOne example, whose case has been raised in Parliament to deafening silence, is Stuart Syvret. Syvret was a long-serving member of the government of the small island of Jersey, the independent 'Peculiar of the Crown' and playground for rich tax-dodgers. He attempted to publicise allegations of abuse and surrounding corruption. No libel proceedings were ever
brought. Instead Google closed down his blog at the request of the Jersey authorities and Syvret was prosecuted and imprisoned under a bizarre construal of Jersey's data protection law. Another Jersey Senator was forced to resign when it was revealed that he had advised Syvret to commit suicide.

QuoteFor example, child protection officer Chris Fay, who attempted to take statements from children in connection with the exclusive Elm Guest House child brothel, reports that his house was shot at in his absence, and that he was threatened at gunpoint by officers of the Metropolitan Police Special Branch – a unit with national reach which liaises with the Security Service. Ten days after he raised the issue in the House, Tom Watson MP himself reported 'warnings from people who should know that my personal safety is imperilled if I dig any deeper'.

QuoteSimon Danczuk, one of the two Labour MPs who have been instrumental in bringing awareness of these matters out of the shadows, reports that the day before he was due to give evidence on the matter he was accosted by a Conservative MP who had never spoken to him before.

'He warned me to think very carefully about what I was going to say the next day before the Home Affairs Select Committee when I'd be answering questions on child abuse. "I hear you're about to challenge Lord Brittan about when he knew about child sex abuse," he said. "It wouldn't be a wise move", he advised me. "It was all put to bed a long time ago." He warned me I could even be responsible for his death. We looked at each other in silence for a second. I knew straight away he wasn't telling me this out of concern for the man's welfare. There was no compassion in his voice.'

Cain

Well well well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33243782

QuoteLord Janner has been accused in Parliament of being a serial abuser who attacked children inside the Palace of Westminster.

Labour MP Simon Danczuk said police had told him they wanted to bring 22 historical charges against Lord Janner, dating between 1969 and 1988.

The director of public prosecutions (DPP) announced in April that he would not be charged because of his dementia, although that decision is under review.

The ex-MP denies any wrongdoing.

Lord Janner's family has said that the peer "is entirely innocent of any wrongdoing".

DPP Alison Saunders said Lord Janner's dementia was so severe that he could "play no part in a trial".

Police condemned the CPS decision as "wrong", and the Labour Party has suspended the 86-year-old peer.

Cain

This has taken an interesting turn.  I cant help but feel there is something off about this, however.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/04/edward-heath-met-have-been-investigating-claims-for-several-months

QuoteThe child abuse controversy surrounding Sir Edward Heath grew on Tuesday as it emerged that at least five police forces have been running investigations into the late former prime minister.

Detectives in Wiltshire, London, Jersey, Kent and Hampshire have examined claims that the former Tory leader was a paedophile. But the Metropolitan police said that it had dismissed an allegation that he raped a 12-year-old boy.

As the breadth of police inquiries into Heath's activities became apparent, a brothel-keeper was identified as the woman who triggered the latest in a series of controversies that have linked a high-profile establishment figure to alleged child abuse.

Myra Forde, 67, who has twice been jailed for operating a brothel in Salisbury, Wiltshire, where Heath lived after leaving office, is reported to have had a prosecution against her dropped after threatening to expose him as a paedophile.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission sparked a flurry of revelations when it revealed it was investigating claims made by a retired senior officer that Wiltshire police dropped the prosecution in the 1990s.

The former officer making the allegations of a coverup was a constable at the time, and rose to the rank of inspector or above.

Heath's sexuality was always up for debate, and the common opinion, even at the time he was PM, was that he was gay.

Why I find this a little unsettling is for two reasons: "everyone knew" Ted Heath was gay.  Notorious nutter David Icke has pointed the finger of blame at Ted Heath before, even going so far as to allege that Jimmy Saville "procured" boys for him.  And David Cameron warned against the investigations turning into a witch hunt against homosexuals a couple of years back.

Wouldn't it just be perfect if these allegations were later "proven" to be false?  David Icke's status as a hateful nutter is upheld (and he is a nutter, though he has hit uncomfortably close to the truth a couple of times with his comments....though again, any perusal of the more interesting political journals of the UK have made reference to some of these things before now), Cameron looks like a progressive visionary, and everyone feels bad for casting aspersions on a dead, former PM who just happened to be gay.

But who knows?  Maybe there is some truth to these latest allegations.  It could explain the extent of the coverup.  It just seems to fit a little too well...in my experience, people in government who end up doing the more illegal things are those peripherally close to the centre, but not so in the limelight.

Junkenstein

Bump.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36433568

QuoteA former aide to Prime Minister David Cameron, Patrick Rock, has avoided a prison sentence after downloading indecent images of underage girls
The ex-deputy director of policy at Downing Street was given a two-year conditional discharge after being convicted of five charges.

QuoteAlthough he will not serve time in prison, Judge Alistair McCreath said Rock's punishment was "the loss of your reputation and your very public humiliation".

What a fucking joke of a punishment.

Additionally, Cameron's advisers are even putting Blair's to shame now. That would be impressive if it wasn't so fucking horrific. At this rate I'm considering sticking a fiver on Peter Sutcliffe or Myra Hindley being one to Boris.

Junkenstein

It's still going on here, you know.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38134941
QuoteEx-youth football coach Barry Bennell, who is at the centre of a sex abuse scandal, has been taken to hospital after being found unconscious.
The convicted sex offender was found at an address in Knebworth Park, Stevenage on Friday, Thames Valley Police said.

QuoteBennell was named last week by several former footballers who alleged they were abused as children.
Five police forces are now investigating claims of historical abuse.

Wider speculation is ongoing, but this looks like it might be quite big. There's been some notable equivalent examples in the US so I'm expecting to see more by the end of the year. FIFA is naturally being useless at handling it so that should bring some laughs. With any luck the way footballers are treated in this country this should get some decent traction and raises the chances of exposing some shady shit.

Junkenstein

Seriously, it's looking fucking grim:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38172940

QuoteAbout 350 victims have reported child sexual abuse within UK football clubs, police chiefs say

I have never been happier to have had fuck all interest in football as a child or adult.

Expecting this to carry over into other sports, particularly cricket and rugby.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So incredibly gross and depressing. All these fucking institutions where perverts can go to molest kids.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Football accusations continuing to spiral, various figures being charged.

And now we have:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38240524

QuoteMore than 300 police officers have been accused of using their position to sexually exploit people, including victims of crime, a report has said.
Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary said abuse of authority for sexual gain was now the "most serious" form of corruption facing police in England and Wales.
The watchdog's figures were gathered over two years to the end of March.
The National Police Chiefs' Council described the problem as a "disease".

QuoteOther findings outlined in the report:
Fewer than half (48%) of the 436 reported allegations had been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission
There was an "apparent disconnect" between the numbers of alleged cases and any subsequent staff dismissals
Officers did not have a "sufficiently clear understanding" of boundaries around establishing or pursuing relationships with vulnerable people
Some counter-corruption units did not have the ability or capacity to seek information about potential cases
Almost half of forces inspected were unable to audit or monitor the use of all IT systems, which limited the ability to spot any staff accessing databases to identify vulnerable victims

So the IPCC is again less than worthless. What's particularly disturbing is the lack of ability to investigate themselves even when handed to counter-corruption. It's enough to make you think that those higher in the chain do not want them to have the ability to investigate this crap. That line about "failing to recognise vulnerable people" is fucking appalling too. I doubt this is through honest ignorance and much more likely to be a solid indicator of criminal intent/action.

If you didn't despise the UK police prior to this, you surely should now. Yes, yes, they do a difficult job. So do bank robbers but they don't fuck about with kids and get medals and overtime pay for the privilege.