Started by Dildo Argentino, October 24, 2012, 09:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on February 16, 2013, 06:07:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 13, 2013, 01:44:18 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 13, 2013, 03:57:55 AM
It must be that magnificent mastery of English you have.  :lol:

Which is, of course, obviously superior to that of native speakers.    :lulz:

Only some of them. And don't take that as a passive-aggressive remark again, you are clearly not included. (Oh damn, that is a bit p-a, sorry.)

Now it's only "some" of them?

:backpedal:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

I hate to defend holist's terminology, but he's right. Live is anytime the music is played as one take by the whole band simultaneously. No audience is needed. Iron Maiden is noted for recording in this fashion from time to time, noting that their strength is as a collective.

The video for Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg shows them recording the song with this method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq6aLgmj4BM

It's a funny sort of method. It suggests one of two things. You're just starting out recording with a tape deck in the middle of the room or some sort of single input, or you've all been together for a while and are pretty tight, like Iron Maiden.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queef Erisson on February 17, 2013, 02:22:49 AM
I hate to defend holist's terminology, but he's right. Live is anytime the music is played as one take by the whole band simultaneously. No audience is needed. Iron Maiden is noted for recording in this fashion from time to time, noting that their strength is as a collective.

The video for Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg shows them recording the song with this method.

It's a funny sort of method. It suggests one of two things. You're just starting out recording with a tape deck in the middle of the room or some sort of single input, or you've all been together for a while and are pretty tight, like Iron Maiden.

What?  I was talking about his earlier comment that he is more proficient with the English language than native speakers, because he isn't a native speaker.

Or words to that effect.

As for the technical jargon involved with music, I couldn't care less.  So let's wreck a decent joke with pedantry.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 17, 2013, 02:25:08 AM

What?  I was talking about his earlier comment that he is more proficient with the English language than native speakers, because he isn't a native speaker.

Or words to that effect.

As for the technical jargon involved with music, I couldn't care less.  So let's wreck a decent joke with pedantry.

Guess I missed that part. Apologies.

The Good Reverend Roger

No big deal.  It's just that I'm not interested at all in conversing with holist about this or anything else.  I'm here to mock him, and so it really doesn't matter what he may or may not be right about.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 17, 2013, 02:31:29 AM
No big deal.  It's just that I'm not interested at all in conversing with holist about this or anything else.  I'm here to mock him, and so it really doesn't matter what he may or may not be right about.

Gotcha. I'm kinda flying on auto-pilot myself right now anyway.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 17, 2013, 01:36:55 AM

Only some of them. And don't take that as a passive-aggressive remark again, you are clearly not included. (Oh damn, that is a bit p-a, sorry.)

It's always been only some of them  :)
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Don Coyote

Quote from: holist on February 17, 2013, 09:40:08 PM

It's always been only only been some of them  :) the ones that disagree with my stupidity

Dildo Argentino

A third explanation applied in our case: the place we got into is not really a studio with a dead room etc., more like a seventies tv studio setup: drumkit, a lot of padding, a lot of microphones, and a multitrack soundcard in the computer. Plus we were allowed in there as a favour. This way, we recorded three songs in a short day. Track by track, we would have been lucky, I think, to finish one.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: six to the quixotic on February 17, 2013, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: holist on February 17, 2013, 09:40:08 PM

It's always been only only been some of them  :) the ones that disagree with my stupidity

Well, no. Just the ones whose command of English is worse than mine.

Dildo Argentino

Dildo Argentino

A live track. The band mostly doing hamster impersonations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6B2DpGOO6Q

Odibex Grallspice

Dildo Argentino

Thanks. Did you get to the loud bit? :)

Dildo Argentino