News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Discordian Commerce Guild

Started by GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327, October 26, 2012, 02:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327

"Give these bitter bitches something uplifting to criticize"

Salty

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS on October 26, 2012, 02:26:08 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/155641864577184/?ref=ts&fref=ts

For Discordians and other Free Minds.

Connect with other Creatives, Makers, Writers, Musicians, Artists, Producers, wha
tever.

Retailers, Publishers, Talent Scouts, Booking Agents, etc are welcome.

Tell us what you do, what your looking for, and keep it serious.

SRSLY?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I find it admirable that someone has FINALLY figured out how to make money using this religion. HOWEVER:

1. FUCK that. Not F*ck that. Why would anyone say fuck and then censor it?
2. Where's my money? As a Super Official Church Official, I want a cut. A least throw some cash Faust's way to help keep the dream alive. This is the absolute center for Discordian Culture after all.
ABSOLUTE CENTER!
3. You may have heard of these folks, Scientologists. They make mad money in the religion racket, they must be doing something right. Be more like them.

I would offer my time to do so, but I quit the FB to pursue cleaner living.

ETA: Actually I have more.

Pink Nightmare Squad. WTF?

So, you're using a symbol to empower women by giving bad men something to fear. Presumably people wearing PNS products are going to punish these kind of men. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for justifiable vigilante justice. What I don't understand is how you are going to implement that kind of violence effectively, while selling MOICHENDIZING, without getting caught. Won't they link that violence to...say the people broadcasting their criminal intent on the internets to sell MOICHENDIZING?

I'll just leave the whole Capitalizing On Abuse Victims With Cutsy Crap thing alone because, well
:dream:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

Alty, I read that as Pink Nightmare Squid.  Which, if you think about it, is much, much better.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Discordian as a brand name. 

I CALLED IT!  DIDN'T I CALL IT?

You know I did.

Shit yeah.  Prophecy powers still chugging along.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

We should come up with T-Shirts that say:

"THAT'S MY DISCORDIA™"

The Good Reverend Roger

Although it occurs to me that expecting Discordians to make a deadline is one HELL of a business model.  Remember what happened to Ben Mack, relentless promoter of "Discordianism" and leech upon the festering corpses of RAW and Thornley.  Ugliness, sheer ugliness, and I wince and cringe at the memory. 

TGRR,
Hopes he comes along to "steward his reputation" some more.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 26, 2012, 04:26:34 PM
We should come up with T-Shirts that say:

"THAT'S MY DISCORDIA™"

Hell yes.

We need to trademark EVERYTHING.  Then we can enjoy the attentions of the same kooks that follow Stang around.

LMNO

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 26, 2012, 04:27:21 PM
Although it occurs to me that expecting Discordians to make a deadline is one HELL of a business model.  Remember what happened to Ben Mack, relentless promoter of "Discordianism" and leech upon the festering corpses of RAW and Thornley.  Ugliness, sheer ugliness, and I wince and cringe at the memory. 

TGRR,

I loved it when he realized that we were the only people talking about him, and we were talking shit about him a lot and totally fucking with his Google tracking.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 26, 2012, 04:43:24 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 26, 2012, 04:27:21 PM

TGRR,

I loved it when he realized that we were the only people talking about him, and we were talking shit about him a lot and totally fucking with his Google tracking.

Yeah, that was one of PD's finer moments.   :lulz:

In any case, I'd be interested in what terms and conditions Gav is proposing.  Sheerly out of curiosity, of course.  If I was going to sell anything, I'd ask Nigel if she had room on her website first.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger