News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Discordian Commerce Guild

Started by GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327, October 26, 2012, 02:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 26, 2012, 02:12:53 PM
Alty, I read that as Pink Nightmare Squid.  Which, if you think about it, is much, much better.

Yes it is. I think your path is clear, Gav.

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 26, 2012, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS on October 26, 2012, 02:26:08 AM
and keep it serious.

Boy, have YOU got the wrong number!

Right?
:treefucker:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ofuk. I forgot about Discordicorp
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 26, 2012, 04:51:57 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 26, 2012, 04:43:24 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 26, 2012, 04:27:21 PM
Although it occurs to me that expecting Discordians to make a deadline is one HELL of a business model.  Remember what happened to Ben Mack, relentless promoter of "Discordianism" and leech upon the festering corpses of RAW and Thornley.  Ugliness, sheer ugliness, and I wince and cringe at the memory. 

TGRR,
Hopes he comes along to "steward his reputation" some more.

I loved it when he realized that we were the only people talking about him, and we were talking shit about him a lot and totally fucking with his Google tracking.

Yeah, that was one of PD's finer moments.   :lulz:

In any case, I'd be interested in what terms and conditions Gav is proposing.  Sheerly out of curiosity, of course.  If I was going to sell anything, I'd ask Nigel if she had room on her website first.

:lulz: I was going to start a Discordia publishing house, once.

Can you imagine a USER-PROVIDED CONTENT Discordian merchant site like Etsy?

It'd be a hopeless mess, I guarantee it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As far as I can tell, this guy's page is a place for Discordians with a thing to pimp go to pimp it... sort of a Discordian product link dump and place for people with projects-in-progress to connect. It's a pretty good idea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yep. I looked through the page and it's a neat idea. Found lots of little projects and self-published books that I would never have known about. If some enterprising soul actually wanted to try to aggregate all these little projects and act as an agent for them, they'd have their work cut out for them but it might just be a successful venture. Maybe a side-job for a bored wealthy person. For now, though, the page is just a Discordian self-promotion clearinghouse kind of space.

LMNO

Well, I guess the CTC has a new place to hang out.

Juana

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 26, 2012, 04:27:21 PM
Although it occurs to me that expecting Discordians to make a deadline is one HELL of a business model.  Remember what happened to Ben Mack, relentless promoter of "Discordianism" and leech upon the festering corpses of RAW and Thornley.  Ugliness, sheer ugliness, and I wince and cringe at the memory. 

TGRR,
Hopes he comes along to "steward his reputation" some more.
I got the impression he'd been institutionalized or something, one of the more recent times we talked about Mack. I think it was implied in a thread Cain linked to a year or two ago.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Man Green on October 26, 2012, 09:07:35 PM
As far as I can tell, this guy's page is a place for Discordians with a thing to pimp go to pimp it... sort of a Discordian product link dump and place for people with projects-in-progress to connect. It's a pretty good idea.

It's great yeah. I've actually already got myself a book from there (i got Suu's one). Also I do like discordian themed stuff and I'm more likely to buy something if it's from someone I know and like, especially around Christmas etc.

Imma spam that place up a little later with some of my stuff.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Man Green on October 26, 2012, 09:12:28 PM
Yep. I looked through the page and it's a neat idea. Found lots of little projects and self-published books that I would never have known about. If some enterprising soul actually wanted to try to aggregate all these little projects and act as an agent for them, they'd have their work cut out for them but it might just be a successful venture. Maybe a side-job for a bored wealthy person. For now, though, the page is just a Discordian self-promotion clearinghouse kind of space.

Ohh thats a mad idea!
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Elder Iptuous

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS on December 08, 2012, 04:01:38 AM
Im glad to see some of you actually bothered to check out the link and see for yourself what it was all about.

All that lets just jump to wild sweeping conclusions and make some stupid shit up and slander someone we dont even know yet stuff is better suited for a SubGenuis forum of gimme-bob asshats.

Excuse the fuck out of me for suggesting the coolest kids on the intertubes stand up and take control of the system by surplanting it with better goods and services than most of the dumbed down ninny crap that fills the malls.

It should be OUR dumbed down ninny crap filling the malls!

I started the Discordian Commerce Guild for one reason only, because Stang is a IP nazi and his followers are not even allowed to spread the damn Dobbs head far and wide. There are no such thing as SubGenuis stores and the guy is afraid to even do any licensing deals with anyone ever so his selection of official stuff is for shit. Why guard a copyright if your not exploiting it?

Which logically leads one to recognize the fact that Discordianism is impossible to copyright or own by anyone. Its maybe even the one true publicly owned property that anyone can expand upon and build into something bigger.

Now if all you have to contribute to such a discussion is naysaying little bitch bullshit while hiding behind an alias, GFYS.

As for the rest of you, by all means check out the offerings at http://discordiacultureshop.storenvy.com and let me know if you have anything that might fit in the shop by contacting me at discordiacultureshop@gmail.com

Show me what you do or go fuck yourself haters...

:spittake:  :lulz:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Pæs

Quote from: Alty on October 26, 2012, 05:01:57 AM
Pink Nightmare Squad. WTF?

So, you're using a symbol to empower women by giving bad men something to fear. Presumably people wearing PNS products are going to punish these kind of men. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for justifiable vigilante justice. What I don't understand is how you are going to implement that kind of violence effectively, while selling MOICHENDIZING, without getting caught. Won't they link that violence to...say the people broadcasting their criminal intent on the internets to sell MOICHENDIZING?

I'll just leave the whole Capitalizing On Abuse Victims With Cutsy Crap thing alone because, well
:dream:

I think it's like Batman for scene kids with feminist leanings... if Batman were setting himself up as a symbol of the strength inside every citizen of Gotham and then selling them novelty utility belts.

Don Coyote

Seems like half of a good idea. Also seems like a lot of massproduced ktischy toys.

CorbeauEtRenard

Just as a point of order, I'd like to point out that it's not *copyright* that Stang enforces a lot, but the *trademark.*

Important distinction, because acquiescence in enforcing a trademark can make you lose the trademark. And then theoretically someone else could trademark something like it, and [theoretically] sue Stang for using the Dobbshead. Not necessarily a suit they could win, but one that would cost Stang legal fees he likely can't afford.

He's just making sure he doesn't get royally screwed.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)