News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Discordian Commerce Guild

Started by GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327, October 26, 2012, 02:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS on December 08, 2012, 04:01:38 AM
Im glad to see some of you actually bothered to check out the link and see for yourself what it was all about.

All that lets just jump to wild sweeping conclusions and make some stupid shit up and slander someone we dont even know yet stuff is better suited for a SubGenuis forum of gimme-bob asshats.

Excuse the fuck out of me for suggesting the coolest kids on the intertubes stand up and take control of the system by surplanting it with better goods and services than most of the dumbed down ninny crap that fills the malls.

It should be OUR dumbed down ninny crap filling the malls!

I started the Discordian Commerce Guild for one reason only, because Stang is a IP nazi and his followers are not even allowed to spread the damn Dobbs head far and wide. There are no such thing as SubGenuis stores and the guy is afraid to even do any licensing deals with anyone ever so his selection of official stuff is for shit. Why guard a copyright if your not exploiting it?

Which logically leads one to recognize the fact that Discordianism is impossible to copyright or own by anyone. Its maybe even the one true publicly owned property that anyone can expand upon and build into something bigger.

Now if all you have to contribute to such a discussion is naysaying little bitch bullshit while hiding behind an alias, GFYS.

As for the rest of you, by all means check out the offerings at http://discordiacultureshop.storenvy.com and let me know if you have anything that might fit in the shop by contacting me at discordiacultureshop@gmail.com

Show me what you do or go fuck yourself haters...

:lol: Part of me wants to bristle because those are MY friends you're talking to like that, and you have no idea what kind of history this board has with marketing weasels posting here in their efforts to make themselves famous. You want the benefit of the doubt, but you seem unwilling to give it.

That said, I also like your spunk. Give 'em hell, you little spitfire!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Punchy fella, isn't he? :lulz:  Right on.

The Good Reverend Roger

All that lets just jump to wild sweeping conclusions and make some stupid shit up and slander someone we dont even know yet stuff is better suited for a SubGenuis forum of gimme-bob asshats.

Note to Gavriel:  The Subgenius Facebook page isn't technically a "forum".  It's where all the folks who didn't actually join the church go, because Stang occasionally shows up.

Show me what you do or go fuck yourself haters...

We can do both.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Gavriel is of the school of advertising used mostly by game distributors and republican candidates.

"YOU GUYS SUCK!"

The business model, however, is reminscent of Thomas Edison.  "Let me get my finger in that pie, please.  Now." 

The branding of Discordianism is, of course, one of the primary predictions made on this board in 2003.  We are seeing the initial effort; expect professionals to get involved.  Then expect the same sort of treatment that McDonalds gives companies or businesses that have "Mc" anywhere in their name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_legal_cases

But that evil day has not yet arrived.  For now, this is strictly Ben Mack level material.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

I started the Discordian Commerce Guild for one reason only, because Stang is a IP nazi and his followers are not even allowed to spread the damn Dobbs head far and wide.

And this is the heart of the argument.  Gavriel should be allowed to use anyone's IP.

As opposed to, you know, creating his own.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The "Discordian" brand isn't going anywhere. Not enough buyers and not enough money behind it to create any more. People who are serious about their artwork aren't going to limit themselves by branding it "Discordian" because it's a niche market too small to support anyone.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 20, 2012, 07:03:56 PM
The "Discordian" brand isn't going anywhere. Not enough buyers and not enough money behind it to create any more. People who are serious about their artwork aren't going to limit themselves by branding it "Discordian" because it's a niche market too small to support anyone.

Until we become the next big fad.

:lulz:

Wait long enough, ANYTHING comes back into style.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 06:57:09 PM
I started the Discordian Commerce Guild for one reason only, because Stang is a IP nazi and his followers are not even allowed to spread the damn Dobbs head far and wide.

And this is the heart of the argument.  Gavriel should be allowed to use anyone's IP.

He doesn't seem to be interested in actually using anyone's IP himself, he just seems to have a poor understanding of the difference between trademark and copyright, and also apparently has nothing but contempt for people who copyright their own creative work, which is enough to make me want to keep a wide, wide distance.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 07:05:59 PM

What a horrible thought!  :horrormirth:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 20, 2012, 07:06:44 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 07:05:59 PM

What a horrible thought!  :horrormirth:

For a while there, corsets were back...Which is enough to set off the howling of the ghosts of millions of Victorian-era women.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 20, 2012, 07:06:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 06:57:09 PM

He doesn't seem to be interested in actually using anyone's IP himself, he just seems to have a poor understanding of the difference between trademark and copyright, and also apparently has nothing but contempt for people who copyright their own creative work, which is enough to make me want to keep a wide, wide distance.

I can think of only one reason why someone would hold that sort of contempt.  I could be wrong, but that's how I'd bet.

Eater of Clowns

Discordianism is exploding.  Discordianism is BIG and it's NOW and it's LOUD.  It's IN YOUR FACE and DOESN'T APOLOGIZE.  Discordianism is WHAT YOUR PARENTS HATE and WHAT EVERYONE WANTS TO FUCK.  Discordianism is happening.  Discordianism is FOR REBELS and the Discordian Brand is for people who want everyone to know they're rebelling.  It's REBELLING AWARENESS.  It's knowing the REBELLION is going on, that it's IN YOU, that YOU ARE IT.  Are YOU Discordianism?  Show it to EVERYONE.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 20, 2012, 08:43:43 PM
Discordianism is exploding.  Discordianism is BIG and it's NOW and it's LOUD.  It's IN YOUR FACE and DOESN'T APOLOGIZE.  Discordianism is WHAT YOUR PARENTS HATE and WHAT EVERYONE WANTS TO FUCK.  Discordianism is happening.  Discordianism is FOR REBELS and the Discordian Brand is for people who want everyone to know they're rebelling.  It's REBELLING AWARENESS.  It's knowing the REBELLION is going on, that it's IN YOU, that YOU ARE IT.  Are YOU Discordianism?  Show it to EVERYONE.

BE THE FIRST IDIOT ON YOUR BLOCK TO RUN OUT AND BUY DISCORDIAN™ BRAND SHOES!