News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Discordian Commerce Guild

Started by GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327, October 26, 2012, 02:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Voiceover: A good shoe starts from the ground up. At Eris we make high-quality footwear. In fact, you can find Eris running shoes in over 140 countries around the world. In the past, there has been some criticism about our workers. That's why I'm here in one of Eris factories so you can meet some of them... Excuse me, sir, do you enjoy your job here?
Child: It's fun ... We get to play with knives!
Voiceover: Heh, I see... is there a real sense of teamwork?
Child: My friend Joey sewed his hands together!
Voiceover: Wow, you're learning some real skills! How about the salary and benefits?
Child: Yesterday, I made a dollar!
Voiceover: You see, that's the kind of dedication we have to our employees and the quality of our shoes. Eris Running Shoes. Always running... from something.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on December 20, 2012, 09:15:50 PM

Voiceover: A good shoe starts from the ground up. At Eris we make high-quality footwear. In fact, you can find Eris running shoes in over 140 countries around the world. In the past, there has been some criticism about our workers. That's why I'm here in one of Eris factories so you can meet some of them... Excuse me, sir, do you enjoy your job here?
Child: It's fun ... We get to play with knives!
Voiceover: Heh, I see... is there a real sense of teamwork?
Childr: My friend Joey sewed his hands together!
Voiceover: Wow, you're learning some real skills! How about the salary and benefits?
Childr: Yesterday, I made a dollar!
Voiceover: You see, that's the kind of dedication we have to our employees and the quality of our shoes. Eris Running Shoes. Always running... from something.

Discordia™:  Providing the legs with which you flee.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 07:19:18 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 20, 2012, 07:06:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2012, 06:57:09 PM
Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS on December 08, 2012, 04:01:38 AM
I started the Discordian Commerce Guild for one reason only, because Stang is a IP nazi and his followers are not even allowed to spread the damn Dobbs head far and wide.

And this is the heart of the argument.  Gavriel should be allowed to use anyone's IP.

As opposed to, you know, creating his own.

He doesn't seem to be interested in actually using anyone's IP himself, he just seems to have a poor understanding of the difference between trademark and copyright, and also apparently has nothing but contempt for people who copyright their own creative work, which is enough to make me want to keep a wide, wide distance.

I can think of only one reason why someone would hold that sort of contempt.  I could be wrong, but that's how I'd bet.

Point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 20, 2012, 09:31:44 PM
ERIS RUNNING SHOES.

RUN!

RUN.

Eris Running Shoes:  You may die tired, but you'll die last.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 20, 2012, 08:43:43 PM
Discordianism is exploding.  Discordianism is BIG and it's NOW and it's LOUD.  It's IN YOUR FACE and DOESN'T APOLOGIZE.  Discordianism is WHAT YOUR PARENTS HATE and WHAT EVERYONE WANTS TO FUCK.  Discordianism is happening.  Discordianism is FOR REBELS and the Discordian Brand is for people who want everyone to know they're rebelling.  It's REBELLING AWARENESS.  It's knowing the REBELLION is going on, that it's IN YOU, that YOU ARE IT.  Are YOU Discordianism?  Show it to EVERYONE.

Oh wow.  :lol:

When you put it like this, a Discordian merchandise marketing collective is about as pink as it gets.

TURNING DISCORDIANISM™ INTO A PRICETAG, ONE PRODUCT AT A TIME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 20, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 20, 2012, 08:43:43 PM
Discordianism is exploding.  Discordianism is BIG and it's NOW and it's LOUD.  It's IN YOUR FACE and DOESN'T APOLOGIZE.  Discordianism is WHAT YOUR PARENTS HATE and WHAT EVERYONE WANTS TO FUCK.  Discordianism is happening.  Discordianism is FOR REBELS and the Discordian Brand is for people who want everyone to know they're rebelling.  It's REBELLING AWARENESS.  It's knowing the REBELLION is going on, that it's IN YOU, that YOU ARE IT.  Are YOU Discordianism?  Show it to EVERYONE.

Oh wow.  :lol:

When you put it like this, a Discordian merchandise marketing collective is about as pink as it gets.

TURNING DISCORDIANISM™ INTO A PRICETAG, ONE PRODUCT AT A TIME.

GOTTA FLEE THEM ALL!

Eater of Clowns

Hey!  Have you heard of Discordia Brand?  We've got it.  Yeah, it!

We've got Eris shoes (Run.)
We've got Cain (It gets the stains out.  The stains.  Cain gets the stains out.)
Discordia Brand Vegetable Peelers!
Discordia Brand Rakes!
Discordia Brand Lightbulbs!
Locks
Keychains
Tires
Tire Irons
Ironing Boards
Ball Bearings
Ordinance Robots and Tools, Loungewear, Sleepwear, Formalwear, Lingerie, PILLS HERE PILLS GET YOUR PILLS, Amplifiers, Commercial Insulation, HVAC Supplies, Bulk Paper Pulp, Select Medical Supplies (Catheters, Pap Smear Kits, Enemas, Eyepatches, Hospital Soaps, Discordia Brand Premature Baby Insulation Chambers, Discordia Brand Immature Social Isolation Chambers), Notary Public Services, Paralegal Services, Janitorial Services, Misc. Services, On-line Diplomas, Discordian Brand Toothpaste, Floss, Water Bottles, Speakers, Discordian Brand Dog Training, Horseshoes, Wholesale Mutton, Speak to the Marrowman - Discordia Brand's Bone Expert, Independent Lottery, Cab Driver Training, Pilot Training, Watches, Scarves, Beads, Ice Skates, Telescopes, Microscopes, Periscopes, Stethoscopes, Osciloscopes, Ropes, Popes, Gropes, Hopes, Dopes, Slopes - WE GOT IT, TOTES!  Discordia Brand Dietary Supplements - lose weight, gain weight, shift weight, transfer weight, paper weight, drop weight, lift weight, Scales - scales for your skin (lizard style, dragon style, rash style, scabies style, krokodil style), scales for your measurements, scales for your music, Itching Powder (Anti- and Pro-), Carpentry
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Weaponized Kitchen Robots™!

Mommy, the ball pit is eating Tommy™!

Order today, time is limited!

Pæs

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327 on January 24, 2013, 06:00:51 AM
I love reading messages from people who take no time to look into what we are doing and prefer to make sweeping assumptions instead. Where do you people find the time.

There are no 'Discordian Products' being produced, that would be retarded.
We are just Discordians, Artists and Activists that make what we feel like making.

Sorry if that is too confusing a concept for some of you.

You guys just keep talking while some of us keep doing.

http://www.discordiacultureshop.com

An Online Reserve of the Freshest Underground Goods from the Most Prestigious Makers.
Maybe if you had more stake in this community than the occasional drive-by advertisement accompanied by fairly uninteresting hostility, you'd have a better understanding of where this thread went and what the system is here with regards to talking/doing.

But, no, by all means get all "You People" and show us how hurt your butt is that we aren't giving Proper Attention to your brilliance.

GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327

This is an automated response. Our Apologies, this poster is too busy changing the world to respond at this time. Please post something and they will get back to you when they have absolutely nothing better to do, like watch paint dry. Thank you for your inattention.

Pæs

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327 on January 24, 2013, 09:07:34 AM
this poster is too busy changing the world

What if we, like, totally stuck it to the man by just creating, man?
    //
:hippie:

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS on December 08, 2012, 04:01:38 AM
I started the Discordian Commerce Guild for one reason only, because Stang is a IP nazi and his followers are not even allowed to spread the damn Dobbs head far and wide.

It's an idea, man. You can't OWN a creation. We all own imagination, dude... (and so I should totally be able to profit off of your shit).
    //
:hippie:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327 on January 24, 2013, 06:00:51 AM
I love reading messages from people who take no time to look into what we are doing and prefer to make sweeping assumptions instead.

And I love you, too, Randy "Macho Man" Savage.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327 on January 24, 2013, 09:07:34 AM
This is an automated response. Our Apologies, this poster is too busy changing the world to respond at this time. Please post something and they will get back to you when they have absolutely nothing better to do, like watch paint dry. Thank you for your inattention.

Yeah, well, try this one on for size:  This isn't your online store.  If you are only here to pimp your website, you're out of here, because you're essentially no different than the shoe sales bots on Facebook.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Butthurt™ is strong in Gavriel. He will go far with it.