News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Inevitable, unlimited, annual destruction of the Eastern Seaboard thread

Started by Mangrove, October 27, 2012, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 28, 2012, 10:46:06 PM
Winning combination. Boston public closed and brookline public closed. That means work has a hurricane day :banana:

also gov patrick has declared a state of emergency and advised nonessential workers to stay home. Cant stay home though. Stuck at villagers with a ton of leftovers and abandoned party beer. :banana:

Awesome.

Likewise have had work cancelled.  (They were going to make it optional, and "we'll pay you, either way" which is TOTALLY cool, because I am a temp and they have ZERO obligation to pay me a dime if my butt isn't in their chair.)

And, stuck at the SO's place.  Assuming he doesn't get called in to work tomorrow (quite likely, he's an EMT), we get a day together without the kids.   :banana: 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Q. G. Pennyworth

Nephew Twiddleton

I forgot how much i like hurricanes.

Mostly because i dont live in the confedercy where it would actaullt be a life thretening thing.

LMNO

Got into work at 7:30 because they said the building would be open.

Was told the building would be shutting down at noon.

Joy and rapture.  :|

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 29, 2012, 03:04:27 PM
Got into work at 7:30 because they said the building would be open.

Was told the building would be shutting down at noon.

Joy and rapture.  :|

Nothing much happening here. Wind is picking up but we're still ok thus far. Mostly everyone in Mrs Mang's office didn't bother going in and the highways are shut at 1pm anyway.

Good luck & stay safe everyone! 
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Q. G. Pennyworth

T is shutting down at 2pm today. Windy and a little wet, but nothing really happening so far. Days like this trigger my "lady of the manor" thing hard.

tyrannosaurus vex

Is a category 1 hurricane strong enough to wash that urine smell out of NYC?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

No. The only way to get rid of that smell is to burn the whole place down.

Eater of Clowns

Interesting observation:  with the strong advisory to take down lawn furniture, unsecured outdoor decorations, etc, a lot of campaign signs have disappeared.

Just on the short route to work, most of them have been taken down and the few that remain were mostly for Republican candidates.  The road I took into work had a lot more Republican than Democrat signs before the storm, though, and if I wasn't at work during this thing I'd really like to see if there's a larger pattern.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Suu

Providence has the hurricane barrier closed. The Suu/Richter/Luna neighborhood is still basking in electricity.

...Can't say the same about the rest of the state. Newport is underwater with about 20,000 people without power, Warwick is about to get an extra 8' of water where it don't belong, and they interviewed some fucktard from Brown University who said it was a political conspiracy. Cannot tell if troll or...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ecstasy

As someone who lives in the southwest, I can safely point and laugh at Easterners' misfortune.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."