News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

I forgot and SO DID YOU.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 29, 2012, 05:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 29, 2012, 05:47:12 PM
Sorry man.

Dont know what it is but i apologize.

Why are you apologizing to me?  I'M going to hang out with cheerfully doomed perverts tonight, and I'm going to have WRONGFUN while I'm doing it.  You guys can sit at home and fucking listen to The Cure or The Smiths or Linkin Park or whatever it is you do when there's sufficient excuse not to do something DIFFERENT.  It's no skin off MY scabby arse.

AH, THE PLEASURES OF ENNUI!  EET EES ALL SO BORRRRING!  *holds cig backwards*

And the BEST part is everyone who is DETERMINED to be bored and/or miserable felt the need to come on this thread and post the many and varied reasons why they can't have fun!  Just to make sure that I know that life is SAD and BORING and TOO MUCH FUCKING EFFORT (wheeze)!  I don't find this offensive or anything, just interesting.  I have to drive 30 miles to do anything, and your shit is RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR.  I've SEEN it.  It's RIGHT THERE. 

Aw, who am I kidding?  It's just another day, right?  And there are an infinite number of those.  THERE IS NO PARTY, ANYWHERE.

Except for Waffle of course, who has, I might add, as good a reason as anyone to be upset about things...But he's STILL going to go find the fun.  HE is a rock n roller.  Or at least his beard is.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 29, 2012, 05:50:28 PM
I am going to do this. I spend too much time aimlessly wandering the internet (OH HAI TUMBLR) and while I do learn new things there, it's still false slack. I was unable to sleep last night, so I'm not going to run like I was wanting to (I genuinely like running, but being this tired makes me angry and running while angry is not actually any fun), but after I do my homework, I'm going to skip out on my evening internet hours and do something creative instead.

In limited doses, anything can be slack, including PD.  Hell, even TV.  IN LIMITED DOSES.

So, yeah, turn the fucking things off and go find out where the world went.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Well like i said theres always wednesday. Hurricanes arent really an excuse so much as a bad idea to mess with. I am having fun even if im stuck inside.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 29, 2012, 06:06:32 PM
Well like i said theres always wednesday. Hurricanes arent really an excuse so much as a bad idea to mess with. I am having fun even if im stuck inside.

Are you?

The Good Reverend Roger

Best part is that nobody actually READ my post.

For evidence, see paragraph 2.

Juana

:? I did read it and I don't see how the second paragraph has anything to do with that.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 29, 2012, 06:30:04 PM
:? I did read it and I don't see how the second paragraph has anything to do with that.

BRB have to unload cargo zeppelin over at shipping & receiving.

:lulz:

Juana

I assumed that was supposed to be funny.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 29, 2012, 06:35:15 PM
I assumed that was supposed to be funny.

Wow.

I guess I better work on my act.

Juana

:? It is funny and I liked the mental image. Your act is fine.

Sita

I don't know how to have fun anymore.
And there's no one around to show me.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sita on October 29, 2012, 06:45:33 PM

Nobody can show you how to have fun.

But I'd start by talking a nice long walk, and look around.  I don't mean "scan", I mean LOOK at things.

Something will pop up.

Sita

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 29, 2012, 07:04:31 PM
Quote from: Sita on October 29, 2012, 06:45:33 PM

Nobody can show you how to have fun.

But I'd start by talking a nice long walk, and look around.  I don't mean "scan", I mean LOOK at things.

Something will pop up.
The furthest I'm willing to walk, on my own, is to the store down the road. Which is at most a 5 minute walk. But will see what I notice on the next trip.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Freeky

I was wondering about the cargo zeppelins, myself.  I figured I didn't notice them.

Also, cargo zeppelins?!  :fap:

Eater of Clowns

A hurricane is a great time to do new things because it fucks up your routine - it forces you to do something that you aren't used to.  I say take advantage of it.  Stuck inside?  Cook something new, something difficult.  Can't cook - give it a shot.

I like the rant, Roger.  I try to keep things going as much as I can, even if I want to stop.  If I stop, it goes bad places fast.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.