News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Inevitable and unlimited destruction of the Galactic Empire thread...

Started by AFK, October 30, 2012, 10:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

The franchise should just be left alone at this point. They should have left it alone after the thx remastering. Any other attempts to improve or expand have resulted in one of the rare cases of justifiable nerdrage.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 10:55:55 PM
The franchise should just be left alone at this point. They should have left it alone after the thx remastering. Any other attempts to improve or expand have resulted in one of the rare cases of justifiable nerdrage.

Also:  HOLLYWOOD ASSHOLES:  COME UP WITH A NEW IDEA, YOU WASHED-UP HACKS!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

The idea reserves went dry a long time ago. Sometime theyll find a new mine or some idea sands and theyll be able to extract a little bit of idea refine it sell it burn it. But yeah usually the emissions have to be recaptured and used to synthesize more idea.

AFK

I see a slight potential in these movies actually being somewhat decent, especially if Lucas has LESS influence.  At the same time, seeing how they've beat the snot out of that Pirates franchise, that potential is probably microscopically thin.

But also, for those scoring at home, Disney has now acquired The Muppets AND Star Wars.  What's next?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 30, 2012, 11:15:09 PM
I see a slight potential in these movies actually being somewhat decent, especially if Lucas has LESS influence.  At the same time, seeing how they've beat the snot out of that Pirates franchise, that potential is probably microscopically thin.

But also, for those scoring at home, Disney has now acquired The Muppets AND Star Wars.  What's next?

Seseame Street and My Little Pony.

Nephew Twiddleton

Lightsaber battle between fuckerberg and walt disneys frozen head

Juana

:lulz: I'm going to bet some pro-fanfiction (the novels, that is) is going to be the basis.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Luna

You forgot Marvel Comics.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Quote from: Luna on October 30, 2012, 11:55:02 PM

Jeezus, next it will be G. I. Joe!

Luna

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 31, 2012, 12:09:17 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 30, 2012, 11:55:02 PM

Jeezus, next it will be G. I. Joe!

Nah, G.I. Joe is Hasbro...  Too big for Disney to swallow, for now, anyway.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

But Hasbro holds all the licenses for Star Wars toys. If Disney ever decides to go for Hasbro, Rhode Island would become the State of Disney and Buena Vista Plantations. FUCK that.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: Suu on October 31, 2012, 01:52:10 PM
But Hasbro holds all the licenses for Star Wars toys. If Disney ever decides to go for Hasbro, Rhode Island would become the State of Disney and Buena Vista Plantations. FUCK that.

They could build DisneyVerse, right here in Rhode Island!  A massive amusement park, built entirely inside a giant Star Destroyer!  An EPCOT center that looks like a Death Star!

It'd be awesome!