News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

ITT, Holist demonstrates why his "English" is superior.

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 28, 2012, 10:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Great letter, great tone. I suggest two minor corrections for the sake of clarity. I also spotted two typos:

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 23, 2012, 05:29:52 PM
Also, while I understand your religious views on Ggay marriage, I ask you to understand that our system of government and our rights as citizens do not spring from your church.  In fact, the very reason you remain untaxed as an example of how is that you are supposed to be apolitical, just as while, in contrast, the government is not a religious function.  Given that you do not feel constrained to prerserve this separation, I feel I have no choice but to ask my congressional representative to have your tax exempt status removed, with back taxes accruing from 1955 to the present.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Bu🤠ns

Nice Job!

I'll be eagerly awaiting the results ... if any

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on October 28, 2012, 10:55:40 AM
Great letter, great tone. I suggest two minor corrections for the sake of clarity. I also spotted two typos:

Also, while I understand your religious views on Ggay marriage, I ask you to understand that our system of government and our rights as citizens do not spring from your church.  In fact, the very reason you remain untaxed as an example of how is that you are supposed to be apolitical, just as while, in contrast, the government is not a religious function.  Given that you do not feel constrained to prerserve this separation, I feel I have no choice but to ask my congressional representative to have your tax exempt status removed, with back taxes accruing from 1955 to the present.

Fuck off.  Your first correction is NOT what I wanted to say, and I stopped right there.  Leave me the fuck be, you stupid fucking mudfarmer.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I finally understand the concept of "soulmate".
Holist belongs with the old woman who "restored" Ecce Homo.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 28, 2012, 06:17:25 PM
I finally understand the concept of "soulmate".
Holist belongs with the old woman who "restored" Ecce Homo.

No, she was a sweet and confused old lady.

Holist is a pedantic prick who can't stop singing his love for me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 28, 2012, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: holist on October 28, 2012, 10:55:40 AM

Fuck off.  Your first correction is NOT what I wanted to say, and I stopped right there.  Leave me the fuck be, you stupid fucking mudfarmer.

Holist might potentially be more tolerable if he just accepted that his grasp on English isn't what he thinks it is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Dildo Argentino

[quote author=Nigel The Rock-Throwing Goth link=topic=33585.msg1219401#msg1219401
Holist might potentially be more tolerable if he just accepted that his grasp on English isn't what he thinks it is.
[/quote]

Pot calling the kettle black.

Leave me be, whatever you farm.

Juana

Quote from: holist on October 28, 2012, 06:39:28 PM
[quote author=Nigel The Rock-Throwing Goth link=topic=33585.msg1219401#msg1219401

[/quote]
:popcorn:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel The Rock-Throwing Goth link=topic=33585.msg1219401#msg1219401

Dear holist,
This turn of phrase doesn't belong here. It is supposed to convey that the other person (Nigel, in this case) is suffering from the same flaw as yourself (a poor understanding of the English language). Nigel's first language is English, and it does not appear to be yours. Thus, you have made yourself look foolish in an attempt to insult and shame Nigel, who had actually said something vaguely encouraging regarding you.

Sincerely,
Freeky.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: No, I freely admit that my grasp of your native language is nothing, although possibly you are arguing that it's not what I think it is, which would make it something. In which case I defer, as I cannot claim to be anything other than clueless.

But if you are seriously arguing that your plainly deficient grasp on American English is better than mine is, you're either stupid or delusional, puppy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 28, 2012, 06:51:50 PM

Dear holist,
This turn of phrase doesn't belong here. It is supposed to convey that the other person (Nigel, in this case) is suffering from the same flaw as yourself (a poor understanding of the English language). Nigel's first language is English, and it does not appear to be yours. Thus, you have made yourself look foolish in an attempt to insult and shame Nigel, who had actually said something vaguely encouraging regarding you.

Sincerely,
Freeky.

Yeah, but she IS black. 

Irrefutable logic, ITT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 28, 2012, 07:01:36 PM

Dear holist,

Sincerely,
Freeky.

Yeah, but she IS black. 

Irrefutable logic, ITT.

:lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on October 28, 2012, 07:01:36 PM

Dear holist,

Sincerely,
Freeky.

Yeah, but she IS black. 

Irrefutable logic, ITT.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I also have to point out that his repetition of Roger's "let me be" in his response to me made no sense whatsoever in the context of the conversation. He entered Roger's thread to erroneously "correct" Roger's post. Roger replied to Holist's post, and I directed a comment to Roger regarding Holist. I did not directly engage Holist, nor was I posting in his thread, so for all intents and purposes, I WAS "leaving him be". His "whatever you farm" comment (which should, for grammatical accuracy, have been written as "whatever it is you farm") was a clear reference to Roger's "mudfarmer" comment, and also made no sense when directed at anyone besides Roger.

It seems that Holist is not, at any given time, certain what person on this board he is addressing.

In conclusion, I am not entirely certain that Holist is not a bot.