News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

ITT, Holist demonstrates why his "English" is superior.

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 28, 2012, 10:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 28, 2012, 07:43:11 PM
Yes, but I think the opposite may be true of Holist: he has delusions of grandeur.  :magick:

Nah. Through biological and social luck of the straw, I'm simply smarter than most of you.  :lulz:
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on October 30, 2012, 06:09:17 AM
Yes, but I think the opposite may be true of Holist: he has delusions of grandeur.  :magick:

Nah. Through biological and social luck of the straw, I'm simply smarter than most of you.  :lulz:

Classic  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Im a little confused as to what qualifies someone who admits that they dont speak english very well to assess the ability of a native english speaker to communicate properly in english? Unless holist somehow thinks that american english is inferior as a dialect?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 06:43:34 AM
Im a little confused as to what qualifies someone who admits that they dont speak english very well to assess the ability of a native english speaker to communicate properly in english? Unless holist somehow thinks that american english is inferior as a dialect?

Nothing. And even if he thinks American English is an inferior dialect, that has no bearing on the ability of American English speakers to communicate with other American English speakers. He is just intent on making himself look ever more like an ass.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 06:43:34 AM

Actually, you are just a little confused. Full stop.  :lulz:

I have not admitted that I don't speak English very well. And the reason for that is that I actually do speak English very well.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yep. Dunning Kruger.

Nigel shold be PAID to do this.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 30, 2012, 10:28:05 PM
Yep. Dunning Kruger.

Yes, she should.

I would in fact pay one of the Nigels to follow me around with a sock full of sand, and everytime I act in any way like Holist, she'd whack me on the side of the head.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Freeky

It's "luck of the draw," holist.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 30, 2012, 11:09:17 PM

:lulz:

Luna

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 30, 2012, 10:54:04 PM
Yep. Dunning Kruger.

Yes, she should.

I would in fact pay one of the Nigels to follow me around with a sock full of sand, and everytime I act in any way like Holist, she'd whack me on the side of the head.

I think there's a franchise opportunity, here...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Kai

I can't write a QED big enough.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 30, 2012, 10:54:04 PM
Yep. Dunning Kruger.

Yes, she should.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: No, as a NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER YOU MUST BE MISTAKEN, because he's Holist. :lulz: