News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Election Night. Gimme My Fix.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I found me my Christmas unbeliever. Pickles the Clown, host of Fight Night, also does not celebrate the holiday, and instead likes to spend it drinking at his house watching TV.

:awesome:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

It pleases me that corporate-owned food chains have really crappy food, which means I'd never go there in the first place.  Easiest. Boycott. Ever.

Juana

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 18, 2012, 06:08:06 PM
I think I found me my Christmas unbeliever. Pickles the Clown, host of Fight Night, also does not celebrate the holiday, and instead likes to spend it drinking at his house watching TV.

:awesome:
I look forward to moving out, hopefully far enough away that I am not forced to celebrate it. The only semi-redeeming thing about the holiday season is pecan puffs
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 18, 2012, 03:59:18 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 18, 2012, 02:44:21 AM
Quote from: CAKE on November 17, 2012, 11:44:25 PM
Boycotting them won't really hurt employees, though, because people who won't eat there will simply eat elsewhere and the jobs will be redistributed.

My thought is that if everyone who isn't eating there anymore sent the CEO a dime, he would have a physical manifestation of how much business he was losing. It would be a satisfyingly insulting way of flipping him off. :lol:
DUDE. I like that idea.

Corporate headquarters:

John Schatter
2002 Papa John's Blvd
Louisville, KY USA 40299
This afternoon, I will find a dime for every time in the last five years we have gotten pizza from the local chain instead of them.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am not sure they even have them in Portland, so I've never been there, but I will send them a single, symbolic dime in the morning.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

SexyFish

<3

Cain

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2012, 04:58:19 PM
If you felt the meltdown in 2009 was epic, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Romney's defeat can be spun any way by any faction in the GOP, meaning the answer will invariably come back to "MOAR IDEOLOGICAL PURITY", meaning the Tea Party may end up looking like the moderate wing of the party compared to what is coming.

I'd like to think I called current events.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 16, 2016, 02:41:07 PM

Romney's defeat can be spun any way by any faction in the GOP, meaning the answer will invariably come back to "MOAR IDEOLOGICAL PURITY", meaning the Tea Party may end up looking like the moderate wing of the party compared to what is coming.

Horning in on the prophecy biz, eh?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

The question is, what will the aftermath of trump be like in either event?

He wins and sets a precedent for a future shitshow and people to be crazy.

He loses but did quite well so future candidates try their arm with the same shit and a few refinements. Next candidate ends up being Conrad black or similar.

Seriously, name a candidate that can't fly with this shit. If Don rickles tried it he'd at least do as well as this.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 16, 2016, 04:15:58 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 16, 2016, 02:41:07 PM

Horning in on the prophecy biz, eh?

I figured you'd kneecap Nate Silver first.

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 16, 2016, 06:59:46 PM
The question is, what will the aftermath of trump be like in either event?

He wins and sets a precedent for a future shitshow and people to be crazy.

He loses but did quite well so future candidates try their arm with the same shit and a few refinements. Next candidate ends up being Conrad black or similar.

Seriously, name a candidate that can't fly with this shit. If Don rickles tried it he'd at least do as well as this.

Trump is, probably unknowingly, turning the Republican Party into the party of overt white nationalism.  That's where this ends up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 16, 2016, 07:17:36 PM

I figured you'd kneecap Nate Silver first.

Oh, I have plans for that fucker.  Just as soon as he steps on his dick in a suitably triumphant fashion.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.