News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Election Night. Gimme My Fix.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 05:25:21 PM
There seems to be an interesting conceit that Obama gets 95-97% of the black vote because blacks are the real racists, voting for one of their own over the best candidate.

Except, uh, this is the exact same percentage of black voters who vote for Democrats in every Presidential election.  LRN 2 POLISCI, RACIST-N00BS

That's because the blacks are getting free phones.

Or something.

I dunno.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Quote from: Suu on November 08, 2012, 05:44:54 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 05:25:21 PM
There seems to be an interesting conceit that Obama gets 95-97% of the black vote because blacks are the real racists, voting for one of their own over the best candidate.

Except, uh, this is the exact same percentage of black voters who vote for Democrats in every Presidential election.  LRN 2 POLISCI, RACIST-N00BS

That's because the blacks are getting free phones.

Or something.

I dunno.

The Good Reverend Roger

I gotta say, the best butthurt of the entire election is over at freerepublic.com.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

It always is.

I'll see if I can sign up as L30n Tr0tsky and mock them again.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mitt Romney's Favorite Wife on November 08, 2012, 05:54:27 PM
I gotta say, the best butthurt of the entire election is over at freerepublic.com.

First post I saw:

This is a time for Howard Roarke, not Henry Reardon (yet)
Thu Nov 8 14:00:59 2012 ยท by HannibalHamlinJr
self / The Fountainhead | self | self
Hey team - I'm going to make a suggestion. That now is not the time to be sloppily bandying about Atlas Shrugged. It's a pretty clear concept, and I don't think it's good to be calling 'not buying newspapers' the same thing as 'shrugging.' It's the left's job to mutiliate words and concepts, not ours. But instead of harping on that, I'm going to take another road. "I don't believe it matters to me- that they're going to destroy it. Maybe it hurts so much that I don't even know I'm hurt. But I don't think so. If you want...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-race-slipped-away-from-romney.html

Ohhh....now wait a minute...

"More than that, Mr. Romney had spent so much money winning the nomination that he was low on cash; aides, seeing the problem taking shape, had once considered accepting federal financing for the campaign rather than rely on private donations."

So the 'successful businessman' representing that party that constantly reminds us of how bad the govt is and how it hurts free enterprise, considered getting funding from the uhh....federal government.

Well, if someone can constantly twist themselves into so many ideological positions, perhaps Mr Romney can find work as a yoga teacher?
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

The Freepers are also convinced Obama conned and vote-stuffed his way to electoral victory.

Their evidence?  Obama did not win states with strict voter ID laws.

Of course, that voter ID laws are the bugbear of Republican politicians, which would require a mostly Republican state to pass, meaning most of the state is ideologically predisposed to dislike Obama and not vote for him, is apparently not what happened at all, oh no.  Also no evidence of pro-Obama states in the last election that suddenly turned Republican due to voter ID.

Suu

Huh, that's funny.

RI has voter ID laws, and he won our state by like, 70%.

AFK

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 08, 2012, 04:16:38 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 11:58:44 AM
Somewhat more importantly...

Marijuana legalization won in Colorado, with 50,000 more votes than Obama.  Massachusetts legalized medical pot. Washington legalized pot AND gay marriage. Detroit decriminalized pot. A few other places either legalized gay marriage or at least prevented pre-emptive gay marriage bans.

The less people that get put in prison as a result of the drug war (which Obama has ramped up since the Bush years) the better, since said war has an incredibly outsized impact on minorities and the poorest segments of society.

I get chronic pains in various parts of my body.

I should mention this to my doctor.

If Mass's law is set up anything like Maine's, you should have no problem whatsoever.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 09, 2012, 01:12:32 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 08, 2012, 04:16:38 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 11:58:44 AM
Somewhat more importantly...

Marijuana legalization won in Colorado, with 50,000 more votes than Obama.  Massachusetts legalized medical pot. Washington legalized pot AND gay marriage. Detroit decriminalized pot. A few other places either legalized gay marriage or at least prevented pre-emptive gay marriage bans.

The less people that get put in prison as a result of the drug war (which Obama has ramped up since the Bush years) the better, since said war has an incredibly outsized impact on minorities and the poorest segments of society.

I get chronic pains in various parts of my body.

I should mention this to my doctor.

If Mass's law is set up anything like Maine's, you should have no problem whatsoever.

Law's only a day old sir.

Anyway, meant to be more of a joke than anything else, even though I actually do have chronic pain (I suck it up, attacks usually only last a couple of minutes) and I enjoy a bit of the shmoke. I'll wait for full legalization if I can, since I can buy alcohol, which, judging from the progression of marijuana legislation here should be in 2020. Considering that I only smoke about twice a year, I can risk getting the equivalent of 8 traffic tickets between now and then.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

It did just occur to me though, that I haven't smoked at all in 2012, unless that time that I smoked in winter was in January.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

PopeTom and I just had a revelation.

Karl Rove spend 365 million dollars on his failed Super-PAC.

There are 311 million people in the US.

He could have given EVERY CENSUSED AMERICA A DOLLAR AND A QUARTER.
:horrormirth:

*EDITED FOR FAILMATH*