News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Election Night. Gimme My Fix.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

And the servers will spit in your pizza.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Bruno

Rolls of dimes!

I'm not a total douche.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 17, 2012, 09:50:58 PM
It's been a while since I bought a Papa John's pizza, but the next time I do I will be sure to pay in dimes.  :lulz:

:? This will send a message how?

Maybe if everyone mailed a dime to the CEO it would send a message.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

As long as the CEO is getting a steady stream of dimes he won't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks.

That's why he can spout stupid shit at will. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bruno

These are both good points, but boycotting them would hurt employees, too.

On the other hand it creates more jobs in the places you do spend money.
Formerly something else...

AFK

Well and also spending money at locally owned eateries is more likely to keep money within and building the local economy. 

But honestly, at least with the Papa John's guy, he seems like he's just being a loud blowhard asshat.  The best thing to do is not to give him that National stage bullhorn.  (I'm talking to you American media asshats!)

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Juana

I'd rather know. We never eat Papa John's anyway, as their food is shit and we have an excellent local chain right next door, but I'd rather know who to boycott.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Boycotting them won't really hurt employees, though, because people who won't eat there will simply eat elsewhere and the jobs will be redistributed.

My thought is that if everyone who isn't eating there anymore sent the CEO a dime, he would have a physical manifestation of how much business he was losing. It would be a satisfyingly insulting way of flipping him off. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 17, 2012, 09:04:18 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 11, 2012, 03:48:40 PM
I just broke brains by showing the Lifeline Assistance Program was created by Reagan, not Obama.

Seriously, it stunned this Libertarian cunt into silence.

I use that to get ridof Libertarians on facebook. They send me a nasty PM, unfriend me and go right on posting about Obamaphones.  :lulz: :lulz:

QuoteLet's see - I showed you a video where people aren't getting ONE phone - they're getting SEVERAL. #oops

Then I mentioned people who maybe shouldn't be receiving entitlements and you say it's "racist" - why is that Stella? I didn't mention race, now did I? #oops

It just so happens that the people I know who abuse the system are white and as far as those at WalMart etc, could be white black or brown. But I'm a racist. Got it. Jim Crow and shit, right on.

You on the other hand are either a moron or a liar - I suspect both. Have fun with your like-minded buddies. Adios!

Best part: that government project was started under Bush.  You know, the once and former God Emperor sent to save Humanity, who failed so badly that he has been wiped entirely from the modern conservative memory.

Consistent conservatives, like Daniel Larison, criticized Bush for the program at the time and criticized Obama for continuing it, and then criticized conservative propagandists who tried to make out that Obama started the whole thing.  But the likes of Daniel Larison are very rare, unfortunately.

Juana

Quote from: CAKE on November 17, 2012, 11:44:25 PM
Boycotting them won't really hurt employees, though, because people who won't eat there will simply eat elsewhere and the jobs will be redistributed.

My thought is that if everyone who isn't eating there anymore sent the CEO a dime, he would have a physical manifestation of how much business he was losing. It would be a satisfyingly insulting way of flipping him off. :lol:
DUDE. I like that idea.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on November 18, 2012, 12:15:23 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 17, 2012, 09:04:18 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 11, 2012, 03:48:40 PM
I just broke brains by showing the Lifeline Assistance Program was created by Reagan, not Obama.

Seriously, it stunned this Libertarian cunt into silence.

I use that to get ridof Libertarians on facebook. They send me a nasty PM, unfriend me and go right on posting about Obamaphones.  :lulz: :lulz:

QuoteLet's see - I showed you a video where people aren't getting ONE phone - they're getting SEVERAL. #oops

Then I mentioned people who maybe shouldn't be receiving entitlements and you say it's "racist" - why is that Stella? I didn't mention race, now did I? #oops

It just so happens that the people I know who abuse the system are white and as far as those at WalMart etc, could be white black or brown. But I'm a racist. Got it. Jim Crow and shit, right on.

You on the other hand are either a moron or a liar - I suspect both. Have fun with your like-minded buddies. Adios!

Best part: that government project was started under Bush.  You know, the once and former God Emperor sent to save Humanity, who failed so badly that he has been wiped entirely from the modern conservative memory.

Consistent conservatives, like Daniel Larison, criticized Bush for the program at the time and criticized Obama for continuing it, and then criticized conservative propagandists who tried to make out that Obama started the whole thing.  But the likes of Daniel Larison are very rare, unfortunately.

When I was arguing with that guy I did some googling and found that some of this Lifeline stuff started under Reaganchrist.

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 18, 2012, 02:44:21 AM

DUDE. I like that idea.

Get me a mailing addy.  :lulz:

I posted a link on facebook the other day saying that there was a black Friday boycott planned for WalMart.

Somebody asked me how that helps WalMart employees. WELL, LET'S SEE:

They're typically doing the work of at least three people (ever notice how WallyWerld always has 20 odd registers and never more than 3 or 4 open?) and they aren't paid commission, so the less sold, the easier it is for them to earn their cheapass paycheck

~AND~

Black Friday is living hell at ANY retail establishment. It sucks at RADIOSHACK.

So even if not enough people boycott to make a dent (which they won't) EVERY MOTHERFUCKER THAT STAYS AWAY MAKES THE DAY THAT MUCH EASIER.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Shit, I never shop on Black Friday, anyway...  Stores are full of assholes who will kill a motherfucker for a buck off a toaster, and I'm still in an "I just stuffed myself so full of turkey I can't move" happy place.  I've worked retail, having to call security to bust up a fistfight over the last whateverthefuck is a pain in the ass.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

DUDE. I like that idea.

Corporate headquarters:

John Schatter
2002 Papa John's Blvd
Louisville, KY USA 40299

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on November 18, 2012, 01:29:58 PM
Shit, I never shop on Black Friday, anyway...  Stores are full of assholes who will kill a motherfucker for a buck off a toaster, and I'm still in an "I just stuffed myself so full of turkey I can't move" happy place.  I've worked retail, having to call security to bust up a fistfight over the last whateverthefuck is a pain in the ass.

I hate to even leave my house between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Although, since I celebrate the solstice, there's this hilariously surreal post-Yule gap where I'm all relieved it's over and everyone else is still all stressing about Christmas, it's pretty hilarious. On Christmas I used to hang out with my best friend who is Jewish, but now that she's married a Catholic I need to find some other heathen unbeliever to hang out with.

Mangrove

Quote from: CAKE on November 18, 2012, 03:59:18 PM

DUDE. I like that idea.

Corporate headquarters:

John Schatter
2002 Papa John's Blvd
Louisville, KY USA 40299

Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Papa John's! Mediocre Ingredients, Worse Ethics, Papa John's!
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.