News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

"We the People" Petitions to Secede

Started by Juana, November 12, 2012, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: The Rust-Red Rooster on November 14, 2012, 06:02:39 AM
I was just reading an article on Uganda's homophobia in action.  The first thing I thought of was "man, this is a tea bagger's wet dream."  It's funny to see someone else make a similar connection.

Sadly, more than just a wet dream.
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_%28Christian_organization%29#The_Fellowship_and_UgandaThe Fellowship, through Representative Joe Pitts (R.-Pa.), redirected millions in US aid to Uganda from sex education programs to abstinence programs, thereby causing an evangelical revival, which included condom burnings.

In a November 2009 NPR interview, Sharlet alleged that Ugandan Fellowship associates David Bahati and Nsaba Buturo were behind the recent proposed bill in Uganda that called for the death penalty for gays. Bahati cited a conversation with Fellowship members in 2008 as having inspired the legislation.

Sharlet reveals that David Bahati, the Uganda legislator backing the bill, reportedly first floated the idea of executing gays during The Family's Uganda National Prayer Breakfast in 2008. Sharlet described Bahati as a "rising star" in the Fellowship who has attended the National Prayer Breakfast in the United States and, until the news over the gay execution law broke, was scheduled to attend the 2010 U.S. National Prayer Breakfast.

LMNO

Ah, the Family.

What a bunch of fucking douchebags.

Juana

I know it ain't gonna happen, but if it were, the seceding states ought to be required to pay their portion of the national debt. That would be nice.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2012, 06:25:28 PM
Quote from: American Jackal on November 12, 2012, 06:24:11 PM
I mentioned that Texas would be at the mercy of Mexico.  For some reason the asshats think that Texas could defend itself from Mexico and the cartels. almost that federal funding for the military bases gone. ..sure thing.

Yeah, their ideas on what a proper defense would cost are laughable.  I've heard these morons make their case for independence, and I say let 'em have it.  They're an embarrassment anyway.

Stella should get out before then, though.

Obviously.

It's just another bagger stunt, though, isn't it?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 14, 2012, 08:42:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2012, 06:25:28 PM
Quote from: American Jackal on November 12, 2012, 06:24:11 PM
I mentioned that Texas would be at the mercy of Mexico.  For some reason the asshats think that Texas could defend itself from Mexico and the cartels. almost that federal funding for the military bases gone. ..sure thing.

Yeah, their ideas on what a proper defense would cost are laughable.  I've heard these morons make their case for independence, and I say let 'em have it.  They're an embarrassment anyway.

Stella should get out before then, though.

Obviously.

It's just another bagger stunt, though, isn't it?

Of course.  It'll never HAPPEN.

Hell, Rick Perry has come out and said he doesn't support it.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Perry was yammering about secession a few years ago, I think, but it was a non-issue then.  :lulz:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 13, 2012, 05:20:57 PM
Basically, in Texas, 1 person in 857 wants to secede.

This whole thing is a non-starter.  It's a teabagger stunt.

You are being freaked out by what is basically the Sarah Palin fan club.

Ah. This.  :)

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 14, 2012, 06:56:32 PM
Austin has a petition to remain part of the US if Texas seceeds.

I fucking love Austin. It's the only thing that keeps me here. It'll be my death, but CONTINENTAL CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT CONTINENTAL CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT CONTINENTAL CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT CONTINENTAL CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT CONTINENTAL CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT CONTINENTAL CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT CONTINENTAL CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT

Aucoq

Quote from: McCarthyesque Leninist on November 14, 2012, 07:05:10 PM
Quote from: The Rust-Red Rooster on November 14, 2012, 06:02:39 AM
I was just reading an article on Uganda's homophobia in action.  The first thing I thought of was "man, this is a tea bagger's wet dream."  It's funny to see someone else make a similar connection.

Sadly, more than just a wet dream.
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_%28Christian_organization%29#The_Fellowship_and_UgandaThe Fellowship, through Representative Joe Pitts (R.-Pa.), redirected millions in US aid to Uganda from sex education programs to abstinence programs, thereby causing an evangelical revival, which included condom burnings.

In a November 2009 NPR interview, Sharlet alleged that Ugandan Fellowship associates David Bahati and Nsaba Buturo were behind the recent proposed bill in Uganda that called for the death penalty for gays. Bahati cited a conversation with Fellowship members in 2008 as having inspired the legislation.

Sharlet reveals that David Bahati, the Uganda legislator backing the bill, reportedly first floated the idea of executing gays during The Family's Uganda National Prayer Breakfast in 2008. Sharlet described Bahati as a "rising star" in the Fellowship who has attended the National Prayer Breakfast in the United States and, until the news over the gay execution law broke, was scheduled to attend the 2010 U.S. National Prayer Breakfast.

Jesus fucking christ.  That doesn't surprise me at all.   :x
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Juana

Literally every state except Rhode Island has at least one petition to secede going. :lulz: Oh man.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

I reckon they should all move to Canada.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 15, 2012, 02:32:06 AM
Literally every state except Rhode Island has at least one petition to secede going. :lulz: Oh man.

Why would anyone start a petition to secede for a blue state? That doesn't even make sense.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Because once they can't get their Obamaphones and their Federal monies and their ACORN propaganda, they will see the natural rightness of Hard Work and the Conservative Cause.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So basically they're trying to use a democratic process to undermine democracy, because they didn't like the results of democracy the first time?  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

It's ingenious.

Either that, or logic is playing no part in what is happening here.  I'm going for the latter explanation.

Aucoq

Quote from: CAKE on November 15, 2012, 02:48:58 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 15, 2012, 02:32:06 AM

Why would anyone start a petition to secede for a blue state? That doesn't even make sense.

Haha, that's my reaction to the vast majority of what people think/do when it comes to politics.   :lol:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.