News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Police cameras

Started by Elder Iptuous, November 15, 2012, 04:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Rural Maine: MULTICULTURAL PARADISE!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 21, 2012, 01:12:57 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 20, 2012, 09:55:59 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 20, 2012, 07:05:37 PM
There certainly differences between law enforcement in cities vs rural areas, but it's also not like Maine has a monopoly on rural, tight-knit communities.  There's a lot of rural America out there.  But, I bristle, in general, to the generalization that is often made in popular culture of law enforcement.

Rural cops are ten times worse than urban cops.  169% of the time.

Talking from direct experience, here.

Some are, some aren't.

Of course.  Of course.

RWHN is now an expert on police.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

As I said before, I've worked with many police departments in my career, local, state, and federal, so yeah, I think I have a pretty good working knowledge.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 23, 2012, 02:29:49 PM
As I said before, I've worked with many police departments in my career, local, state, and federal, so yeah, I think I have a pretty good working knowledge.

I have worked with many EMTs.  This makes me an expert on EMTs.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Well, given that I haven't worked with a lot of EMTs, I certainly would put more stock in your experience compared to my own. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 23, 2012, 02:32:38 PM
Well, given that I haven't worked with a lot of EMTs, I certainly would put more stock in your experience compared to my own.

Given that I did the police thing, but you worked with a bunch of cops, I certainly would put more stock in your experience compared to my own.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I worked in a home improvement store in Portland, Oregon

That means I'm an expert on building contractors NATIONWIDE. 

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2012, 02:33:42 PM

Given that I did the police thing, but you worked with a bunch of cops, I certainly would put more stock in your experience compared to my own.

Shut up, Roger... just because you used to be a police officer doesn't mean you know anything! Certainly not compared to someone who works with rural Maine police sometimes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why are you always so uppity?

AFK

I see, you two (and I think ECH too) seem to want to start up another pissing match with me, but call it Holiday Spirit, jadedness, or simply being in a place where I simply don't give a fuck, I am not going to indulge you guys. I am simply sharing what I've observed andmy opinion that I think the overly-cynical "the police are all corrupt" viewpoint is, well, overly cynical.  Take it or leave it, but I'm not going to play stupid games with you guys.  Go find a noob to bludgeon to get your hate out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

BREAKING NEWS: Guy who works with cops declares that police racism and corruption are just a myth; millions of black people heave a collective sigh of relief.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 23, 2012, 02:39:06 PM
I see, you two (and I think ECH too) seem to want to start up another pissing match with me, but call it Holiday Spirit, jadedness, or simply being in a place where I simply don't give a fuck, I am not going to indulge you guys. I am simply sharing what I've observed andmy opinion that I think the overly-cynical "the police are all corrupt" viewpoint is, well, overly cynical.  Take it or leave it, but I'm not going to play stupid games with you guys.  Go find a noob to bludgeon to get your hate out.

Translation:

"I made a fool out of myself so I'm leaving the conversation in a huff rather than just admit that I said something dumb".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 23, 2012, 02:36:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2012, 02:33:42 PM

Shut up, Roger... just because you used to be a police officer doesn't mean you know anything! Certainly not compared to someone who works with rural Maine police sometimes.

I accept this fact.  It's intuitively obvious.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 23, 2012, 02:39:06 PM

And just who said "the police are all corrupt"?