A weird, creepy article with an agenda

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 25, 2012, 06:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 25, 2012, 11:34:52 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2012, 11:20:27 PM
Just worth noting:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/foreignc/2012/11/post-2.html

Quoteit is my opinion that hollywood has robbed america of its manliness and made us a nation of eunuchs who lacking all manliness welcome in the coming police state.

Also worth noting, the author of that particular sentence does not use capital letters at all during his bizarre diatribe.  And he is an "editor-publisher" (read: owner) of the Niagara Falls Reporter.

What what what

What the hell WAS that?  :horrormirth:

Oh, I have read a critique of that article here.

http://www.shakesville.com/2012/11/man-notices-misogyny.html

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on November 26, 2012, 12:51:07 AM
Just worth noting:

Quoteit is my opinion that hollywood has robbed america of its manliness and made us a nation of eunuchs who lacking all manliness welcome in the coming police state.

Also worth noting, the author of that particular sentence does not use capital letters at all during his bizarre diatribe.  And he is an "editor-publisher" (read: owner) of the Niagara Falls Reporter.

What what what

I have some serious problems with her take on things, for a number of reasons. I will try to elucidate in the morning, but it comes down, in a sense, to a sort of privilege. It puts me in mind of a scenario in the American South where a white man, normally sheltered from the actual practice of racism, sees it in practice for the first time, and is horrified and outraged, only to be belittled and shamed by blacks for not having been in a situation to see it before.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

That's quite a common tone for her, I will say.  Another reason I don't read her, though I believe her mistaking "nation-building" with "military occupation" is reason enough.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 25, 2012, 06:22:37 AM
Discuss: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/

QuoteWomen aren't women anymore.

To say gender relations have changed dramatically is an understatement. Ever since the sexual revolution, there has been a profound overhaul in the way men and women interact. Men haven't changed much – they had no revolution that demanded it – but women have changed dramatically.

In a nutshell, women are angry. They're also defensive, though often unknowingly. That's because they've been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.

Now the men have nowhere to go.

It is precisely this dynamic – women good/men bad – that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry. Heck, men have been to blame since feminists first took to the streets in the 1970s.

But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is – hold on to your seats – women's fault?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/#ixzz2DDFwyJ7W

Wait.  Feminists didn't take to the streets until the 1970s?

I guess the suffragettes don't count.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

Silly Roger, actual history doesn't matter! Only facts that can be bent until they snap do.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 26, 2012, 07:02:07 AM
Just worth noting:

What what what

I have some serious problems with her take on things, for a number of reasons. I will try to elucidate in the morning, but it comes down, in a sense, to a sort of privilege. It puts me in mind of a scenario in the American South where a white man, normally sheltered from the actual practice of racism, sees it in practice for the first time, and is horrified and outraged, only to be belittled and shamed by blacks for not having been in a situation to see it before.

I appreciate that you noticed this. 

In the past couple months my own beam of attention has brought to light a lot of these issues that I've never noticed before....something akin to that old "a fish doesn't know he's in water" line.  If I never had been exposed to the thoughts and ideas presented by you and the other folks of this board and given time to process it through my own rationality and heart...if I still didn't know I was 'in water' and somehow read Melissa McEwan, there's a strong chance that she might have just  tossed another gallon of water in my pool and confirmed my unaware, ill-conceived biases.

So thank you. :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 26, 2012, 06:16:02 PM
Silly Roger, actual history doesn't matter! Only facts that can be bent until they snap do.

Okay. 

Conservativism was invented by Ronald Reagan.  Even his Vice President laughed at his ideas.

And the GOP has been nothing but one huge troll ever since.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 27, 2012, 07:41:41 AM
Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 26, 2012, 07:02:07 AM
Just worth noting:

What what what

I appreciate that you noticed this. 

In the past couple months my own beam of attention has brought to light a lot of these issues that I've never noticed before....something akin to that old "a fish doesn't know he's in water" line.  If I never had been exposed to the thoughts and ideas presented by you and the other folks of this board and given time to process it through my own rationality and heart...if I still didn't know I was 'in water' and somehow read Melissa McEwan, there's a strong chance that she might have just  tossed another gallon of water in my pool and confirmed my unaware, ill-conceived biases.

So thank you. :)

:) You're welcome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

McMegaDeff

While I can't put a finger on it as confidantly as this article does, I do whole-heartedly agree there's someting strange a happenings...

Alot of modern women I've interacted with have been very unaware of true maleness, very loud and simple ideas of what it means to be a man.

and honestly a great lack in interest in learning anything beyond their current knowlege. There seems to be an engrained "I am great and totally not crazy...at all" mentality in women that I'm inclined to just let it be and let them see how that works out...because I don't think there is reasoning with these creatures.
all that aside, my penis is still bigger than yours.

Phox

Quote from: McMegaDeff on November 28, 2012, 06:46:29 AM
While I can't put a finger on it as confidantly as this article does, I do whole-heartedly agree there's someting strange a happenings...

Alot of modern women I've interacted with have been very unaware of true maleness, very loud and simple ideas of what it means to be a man.

and honestly a great lack in interest in learning anything beyond their current knowlege. There seems to be an engrained "I am great and totally not crazy...at all" mentality in women that I'm inclined to just let it be and let them see how that works out...because I don't think there is reasoning with these creatures.
Ummm. Do you not know where you are, or are you trolling?  :lulz:

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on November 28, 2012, 07:01:38 AM

Ummm. Do you not know where you are, or are you trolling?  :lulz:

Hard to tell. Marginally borderline.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

LMNO

The two new folks have achieved my fastest plegde ever.

The Good Reverend Roger

7/10.  The East German judge ROBBED you, man.

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 28, 2012, 01:45:43 PM
The two new folks have achieved my fastest plegde ever.
Yeah,  iwas still giving them the benefit of the doubt, but.. .goddamn man.