News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

A few thoughts on the latest round of White Guilt discussions

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 28, 2012, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 06, 2012, 05:42:43 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on December 06, 2012, 05:41:57 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on December 06, 2012, 05:27:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 06, 2012, 01:42:43 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 06, 2012, 06:10:55 AM
At this point, I just think he's an irredeemable asshole.

What he is, is BORING.  We've seen it all before.

This is what I meant, Garbo was giving him too much credit.  Irredeemable assholes are interesting, even if you wouldn't want to share rice pudding with them.

Well yeah.

A guy in the bus station (these places are frequented by these types) was telling me that his ex girlfriend made big money doing plate jobs for Wall St. CEO's. On a certain level, they DO feel guilt for being irredeemable assholes, but instead of not fucking people over, they're into humiliation and eating poomp.

THAT'S interesting.

Holist, no.

Bus stations are like that.

Yes.

It was a fairly interesting conversation until he tried to show me what he claimed was a Lakota handshake and I excused myself to go to the flooded and be-papered shit dump that passes for a "ladies room".

Never let anyone make physical contact in a bus station. EVER.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on December 06, 2012, 05:45:45 PM

This is what I meant, Garbo was giving him too much credit.  Irredeemable assholes are interesting, even if you wouldn't want to share rice pudding with them.

Well yeah.

A guy in the bus station (these places are frequented by these types) was telling me that his ex girlfriend made big money doing plate jobs for Wall St. CEO's. On a certain level, they DO feel guilt for being irredeemable assholes, but instead of not fucking people over, they're into humiliation and eating poomp.

THAT'S interesting.

Holist, no.

Yes.

It was a fairly interesting conversation until he tried to show me what he claimed was a Lakota handshake and I excused myself to go to the flooded and be-papered shit dump that passes for a "ladies room".

Lakota handshake?

Is that where you put your fingers in some weird configuration and then tear off Custer's scalp?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 06, 2012, 05:52:10 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on December 06, 2012, 05:45:45 PM

Well yeah.

THAT'S interesting.

Holist, no.

Yes.

Lakota handshake?

Is that where you put your fingers in some weird configuration and then tear off Custer's scalp?

I wish.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

:? Maybe that's a subjective thing? Because my response to irredeemable assholes is
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on December 06, 2012, 06:53:22 AM
Quote from: hølist on December 06, 2012, 05:23:07 AM
Quote from: holist on December 06, 2012, 05:20:30 AM
Quote from: Pixie on December 06, 2012, 02:07:07 AM
May be time for a polar bear fur coat, godamnit.

I'm starting to work out who is who though.

Well done! Did you also hit on the idea of hitting their post-list, scrolling back a few days and finding something memorable by them?

You smart!

Standard procedure for a round of name changes, dawg.

Doing that would take the fun out of it all. NO I JUST WAIT TILL THE OTHER BEARS MENTION SOMETHING THAT REMINDS ME WHO IS WHO. For srs.

It does make it MUCH more fun that way.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Please don't talk about Bears and Holist in the same post.  It makes my whoopsie all sad.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 06, 2012, 06:42:44 PM
Please don't talk about Bears and Holist in the same post.  It makes my whoopsie all sad.

Sorry! Let me fix that:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Salty

Quote from: hølist on December 06, 2012, 06:46:20 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 06, 2012, 06:42:44 PM

Sorry! Let me fix that:

So I pop on the PD aaaannnd
:fap2:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

After staying out of it for a while (and seeing as the arguments has wandered off), I've been harboring a suspicion. A mean, ugly suspicion.

I suspect that the crux of the earlier disagreements about prejudice was...

:scared: was...

...a semantic problem.

Cain

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on December 07, 2012, 06:03:21 PM

Oh.  Wait.  Semantic.  Sorry, never mind.

Semantic sounds awfully close to Semitic.

Is this thread anti-semitic!?  :aaa:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.