Main Menu

Mah furst evur webkomik

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 28, 2012, 10:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on February 01, 2013, 12:06:02 AM
Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 05:07:58 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 30, 2012, 04:54:21 PM
humor is frequently found in the tension between some point and its obscurity due to some vagueness which is then pierced.  otherwise it's nonsense, which can be aesthetically pleasing in its own right.

...can be.

hmm. So my explanations about what the points are are not worthy of comment?

You explained the setup. There is no point.
These webcomics are half-done, at best. And I'm not talking about the stylistic choices you have chosen to pursuit.
But more on that they aren't jokes. They may classify as observations, but not amusing ones.
And I am alternative comedy, so don't even try any "oh but you don't understand" or any of that bullshit.
I'm the kind of person who can point exactly at the je-ne-sais-quoi, and you're comic, while weird and
kinda going for the lame-funny, does not have that little extra. And in this specific case, that little extra would be "the funny".

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: iSPEAKonlyFORthe23 on February 01, 2013, 12:06:02 AM
Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 05:07:58 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 30, 2012, 04:54:21 PM
humor is frequently found in the tension between some point and its obscurity due to some vagueness which is then pierced.  otherwise it's nonsense, which can be aesthetically pleasing in its own right.

...can be.

hmm. So my explanations about what the points are are not worthy of comment?

You explained the setup. There is no point.
These webcomics are half-done, at best. And I'm not talking about the stylistic choices you have chosen to pursuit.
But more on that they aren't jokes. They may classify as observations, but not amusing ones.
And I am alternative comedy, so don't even try any "oh but you don't understand" or any of that bullshit.
I'm the kind of person who can point exactly at the je-ne-sais-quoi, and you're comic, while weird and
kinda going for the lame-funny, does not have that little extra. And in this specific case, that little extra would be "the funny".

Oh snap.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 03:23:19 PM
Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 03:21:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 03:20:33 PM
Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 03:17:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 02:13:00 PM
Punchline?

I think it's called wry humour.

Not your kind of funny.

Again.

Poor Roger.

The execution sucked.

What, the guillotine wasn't sharpened properly? Bug off.

Shoe pinches like a bitch on the other foot, doesn't it?  I am merely giving you the same critique you so kindly gave to Twid.

Your comic sucks.  It's really that simple.  It is to comics what pictures of dogs playing poker are to fine art.

The difference being that a lot of people actually LIKE the poker playing dogs.

This comic doesn't have the kitsch factor, it's got no comedy, no drama, no aesthetic appeal, the list goes on and on.

It's a total waste of time and bandwidth. And I usually LIKE comics that are utterly fucked.

It's amazing in the sense that it has NO APPEAL TO ANYONE.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Wuli Fufu on February 01, 2013, 06:22:23 PM
It's amazing in the sense that it has NO APPEAL TO ANYONE.

thank you!
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis