News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Toronto Fires Its Mayor

Started by hooplala, November 29, 2012, 04:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Any mods on, can you delete this thread? I tried but it wouldn't let me... I seriously doubt anyone cares about Toronto's mayor and this is just taking up server space.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

hooplala

Ostensibly over a conflict of interest law.  He had voted in a city council meeting on something he had about $3000 dollars in, which is a no-no.  But I think it's from a number of issues which have been piling up over the years.  He's been caught reading while driving, trying to score Oxycontin on the street, attempting to close all Toronto's public libraries, assaulting journalists, and banning entire newspapers from City Hall. 

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

AFK

And also what the hell has he done about the miserable Maple Leafs? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

Nobody can help that shit.  The name Toronto is derived from the Iroquois word tkaranto, which means "all our sports teams suck".

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on November 29, 2012, 05:56:36 PM
Nobody can help that shit.  The name Toronto is derived from the Iroquois word tkaranto, which means "all our sports teams suck".

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on November 29, 2012, 04:41:24 PM
Any mods on, can you delete this thread? I tried but it wouldn't let me... I seriously doubt anyone cares about Toronto's mayor and this is just taking up server space.

Why wouldn't anyone care about Toronto's mayor?  :?

I'd be interested in knowing more. Link?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 29, 2012, 06:06:30 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 29, 2012, 04:41:24 PM

Why wouldn't anyone care about Toronto's mayor?  :?

I'd be interested in knowing more. Link?

I dunno, momentary doubt: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/toronto-mayor-rob-ford-removed-from-office-vows-to-appeal/article5661417/?cmpid=rss1

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah man. I like being reminded that canada exists.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That was, in fact, really interesting. And  :lulz: I like how even after receiving a COURT ORDER, he's still willfully refusing to admit wrongdoing. Wow.

hooplala

He is a buffoon.

His platform for entry was "stopping the gravy train"... turns out the gravy train was just things he didn't personally like.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

So, Toronto never did fire its mayor, Rob Ford.  I guess he was just too hilarious.

It was, however, released today that the police have been following our mayor since last March, detailed in this article of Toronto Life, http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-politics/2013/10/31/rob-ford-crack-scandal-the-top-10-revelations-from-the-police-document-on-alessandro-lisi-so-far/ :

Quote1. There were more than 100 meetings between mayor Rob Ford and alleged drug dealer Alessandro Lisi over the course of this investigation—that is, from May to October.

2. When you add it all up, the six-man Toronto police "spin team" spent weeks—what the Star calls "hundreds of hours"—following Lisi and Ford. Law enforcement officials used all kinds of techniques to get at them, too,  including outdoor cameras mounted on telephone poles, car-tracking devices, audio bugs and even an airplane.

3. The day after the Gawker article about the alleged Rob Ford crack video that sparked this whole investigation, the cops assigned homicide detective Sergeant Gary Giroux to "investigate the existence of a cellular phone containing a video of Ford smoking crack cocaine."

4. Ford and Lisi met four times a week, usually outside Lisi's home near the Dixon Road apartments made famous by June's Project Traveller guns and drugs raids.

5. Lisi was not just meeting the mayor in secret. He came with him to public events, like the infamous Garrison Ball in March and to the Blue Jays game—pictures of which are in the police document.

6. When interviewed by police, former chief of staff Mark Towhey told them that Ford was late for the Garrison Ball because he met with Lisi beforehand. Later that night, Ford would be accused of being impaired, groping former mayoral candidate Sarah Thomson and being asked to leave the party.

7. Lisi and Mohamed Siad—the fellow who allegedly filmed and wanted to sell the crack video to Gawker and the Toronto Star—were close.

8. Lisi used "counter-surveillance" techniques while being tailed by police—stopping his car, making random turns, cutting through parking lots, etc.

9. The police found empty vodka bottles at places where Lisi and Ford met in public parks.

10. There was a pattern to the way Lisi and Ford interacted: Ford would stop at the Esso at Edenbridge Road and Scarlett Road (a half-block from the mayor's home) and go inside, then Lisi arrive in his Range Rover, place a package in Ford's Escalade, get back in his SUV, and drive off.

This should be good...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Payne

Torontos mayor has been my Short Term Personal Saviour for some months now.

If he is fired, I will wreck terrible vengeance upon that city.

hooplala

Quote from: Payne on October 31, 2013, 07:45:43 PM
Torontos mayor has been my Short Term Personal Saviour for some months now.

If he is fired, I will wreck terrible vengeance upon that city.

I can see how one could mistake him for a stone idol.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!