News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

New guy saying Hi

Started by iamnotawittyman, November 30, 2012, 02:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamnotawittyman

I've spent the past few days trying to come up with a decent first contribution to the site but screw it, the truth is always more entertaining than fiction. Discordianism pretty much saved my life. I've spent 3/4's of my life going through severe bouts of deep, deep depression. Reading was always my therapy, my way of escape, so when I bought my first copy of the Illuminatus! Trilogy at the age of 16 I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Needless to say, at that age I didn't understand the vast majority of what was trying to be explained, but I loved the book anyway. Unfortunately, I loaned the book to a friend after only reading it once only to never see it again. Fast foreward a few years and you find me in another fun filled round of severe depression. Short and to the point, I was ready to take the long nap. Bad, bad times. Bad enough I signed myself into a psyche ward for a nice vacation. Imagine how surprised I was when I look over the small library of books for the patients to read and spot the Illuminatus! Trilogy sitting on a shelf. I read that book cover to cover over the next few days. That book lead me to other RAW works. Those RAW works lead me to more and more incredible works by some of the greatest thinkers to ever live. Those great minds showed me that life is about perspective. I was looking at my life through just one single window, wallowing in the sadness and fear of that single reality. They taught me that life, reality, the universe, everything we know, is so multifaceted as to be unimaginable. I realized that I didn't want to die, I wanted grab life by the haunches and fuck it up IT'S ass for a change. I've still got the sadness, I always will, but without that sadness I would never know joy.

Seek and ye shall find I guess......

AFK

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your revelation.  You are right about the sadness, it can serve as a useful barometer and ballast, but it helps that you have this perspective to not let it lead you around by the nose. You are among friends here, please enjoy your stay.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Hi new guy!

Have fun on the forums!