News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

-the Casey Salem Anthony Witch trials-

Started by NegativeNinja999, December 03, 2012, 07:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NegativeNinja999 on December 03, 2012, 09:14:05 PM
It was just a joke, and an off-hand careless one at that.  But my best advice to you would be to keep obsessing about it, it seems to be doing wonders for your blood pressure.

Well, you got what you wanted, right?  I mean, any reasonable person would react very well to sudden accusations of pedophilia, out of the blue, from a "new" person in any given group, right? 

No, you wanted a certain reaction, and you got it.  What the FUCK are you bitching about?  Action/reaction...How else would you expect the universe to function?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on December 03, 2012, 09:14:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 03, 2012, 09:13:12 PM
Quote from: Pæs on December 03, 2012, 09:12:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 03, 2012, 09:07:37 PM
I tell ya, Paes...Sometimes the title of Patron Saint of Internet Whackjobs gets right up my fucking nostrils, you know?  It's not the loonies I mind so much, as that I don't get PAID for it.  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is AMERICA, and I expect CASH ON THE BARRELHEAD for this sort of shit.

Need subscription forum. Internets says that AnnoyTG.GR is available, but it might be lying about how to make an acceptable Greek domain.

You, sir, are a GODDAMN GENIUS.  We're gonna be RICH.

spiritualadvi.sr is free. THE INTERNET WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.

Oh, hell yeah!  LOOK OUT, JIM JONES!  There's a new sheriff in town!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Interesting note:  He shares the same IP as Twid (probably the same cell phone service), so when the inevitable happens, whomever handles it has to be careful to not catch Twid with any of the spoo.

NegativeNinja999

Wow I really had no idea there would be this sort of reaction... here, of all places.  Please don't all gang up on me like I'm -idk- Casey Anthony or sombody... I honestly thought Reverend Roger would just outsmart my joke with a quick, witty stab right back... but alas, it's now become a bit more nutty than it was...
Dad:  "Quit making that ugly face or it'll get stuck like that."
Me:  "But I'm not making a face."
Dad:  "Oh, well then too late."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NegativeNinja999 on December 03, 2012, 09:19:55 PM
Wow I really had no idea there would be this sort of reaction

:lulz:

You had an 8/10, but you're kind of jumping the shark now.

NegativeNinja999

My good sir I most definitely was not trying to "accuse you of pedofilia" hahaha and if you ACTUALLY thought that then ok I'm sorry(no more Robot Chicken for me).  I realize I am new here & no one quite knows me, and I actually think Reverend Roger is pretty cool when he's not crucifying me lol hopefully you understand, and we can be cool.  I actually like it here.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NegativeNinja999 on December 03, 2012, 09:26:54 PM
My good sir I most definitely was not trying to "accuse you of pedofilia"

Okay.  Then you think jokes like that are somehow funny, which means you're an antisocial idiot.

Either way, you are a huge disappointment.  For about a whole page, you had me convinced we had some new blood worth bullshitting with.

But sadly, no.

NegativeNinja999

Oh come on, Rev.  Seth Macfarlene & all those fuckers at the Roasts have made jokes that included that shit.  Surely you've heard the famous 'Aristocrats' joke, much raunchier than mine, and the punchline was also pointless.  However, your first assumption about me was correct.  How bout this, I promise never to mix your name "Reverend" with the kidfuckers just for my own amusement, ever again.  Then maybe we can be friends?  This is me attempting to care!

Elder Iptuous

Negative, pedo jokes do poorly here.  as do misogynist, racist, homophobic, etc. 
on some forums they are seen as less than serious, and perhaps 'edgy'. 
they are generally accepted at face value in this place. 
which is, to say, not at all.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NegativeNinja999 on December 03, 2012, 09:36:27 PM
Oh come on, Rev.  Seth Macfarlene & all those fuckers at the Roasts have made jokes that included that shit.  Surely you've heard the famous 'Aristocrats' joke, much raunchier than mine, and the punchline was also pointless.  However, your first assumption about me was correct.  How bout this, I promise never to mix your name "Reverend" with the kidfuckers just for my own amusement, ever again.  Then maybe we can be friends?  This is me attempting to care!

And this is me failing.  Difference being, you and I are strangers (supposedly.  I'm of the mind that you're one of our earlier failures returned, but I could be wrong), and walking up to a total stranger and saying "you're a pedo, hurr hurr" isn't something done by people with even barely functioning social skills...Especially given our ongoing problem with an ACTUAL pedo (Uncle BadTouch). 

If you ARE new, you wouldn't know about that, but I'd expect someone to at least learn the lay of the land before making "jokes" of that kind.

So here are my options:

1.  You're a returning troll.  Yawn.

2.  You're a socially crippled dumbfuck.  Again, yawn.

Either way I look at it, well...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on December 03, 2012, 09:40:57 PM
Negative, pedo jokes do poorly here.  as do misogynist, racist, homophobic, etc. 
on some forums they are seen as less than serious, and perhaps 'edgy'. 
they are generally accepted at face value in this place. 
which is, to say, not at all.

Well, he already expressed his approval of "gay jokes", which should make some of our members just love him to little pieces.

Freeky

Hey, slappy, "Reverend" is not a term used by Catholic priests.  We're mad because you cocked up the joke.  Also what Ippie and TGRR said.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on December 03, 2012, 09:43:44 PM
Hey, slappy, "Reverend" is not a term used by Catholic priests.  We're mad because you cocked up the joke.

I'm not mad.  This has moved a fairly boring afternoon along.

But I have my opinion of him.  It's not immutable, but he has a long road ahead of him.  So far, he has been utterly unable to figure out the correct method of getting out of this hole, instead insisting that the problem lies with everyone else.

Elder Iptuous

Negative,
also... incurring someone's wrath upon entrance to this community should not be reacted to by saying "i don't care what you think".  Particularly with The Good Reverend.  He will use you like Job's pottery, and we will laugh through our cringes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on December 03, 2012, 09:48:43 PM
Negative,
also... incurring someone's wrath upon entrance to this community should not be reacted to by saying "i don't care what you think".  Particularly with The Good Reverend.  He will use you like Job's pottery, and we will laugh through our cringes.

See, this is EXACTLY the kind of slander I have to deal with.  I am the most COMPASSIONATE MOTHERFUCKER any of you will ever meet, and I have to say that not many people can be as humble as I am.  My saintly sense of self-restraint is being seriously maligned, here.