News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Message to two of my Irish cousins, via Facebook:

So, I just found out a week ago that Aunt Maura died, like, almost a year ago. I wish to ask you both a favor. Let me know when someone dies. I really loved Maura, and wish I could have shed a couple of tears for her at the appropriate time. Hearing that it was so long ago bypassed the tears and lead to anger. It wasn't surprising that she (or William) died but I would have at least liked a heads up. It's not easy having half your family on another continent. Please at least tell me that Robert is still alive.

10:39pm
(Twid)

I would have at least liked to get in contact with (Maura's grandson) and extended my condolences, like he did when I was last over. Side note- I'm going to attempt a trip to Ireland and UK sometime in the next 8 months. It's primarily to have fun and rediscover the area, and meet up with some internet friends, but I will be in Connemara at some point. Would like to meet up with you both and Colm at some point.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Seems ok, yes? It's already sent, of course, but, just want to make sure it's all reasonable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 08, 2013, 03:54:03 AM
That's lame, Twid. :(

Which bit? Me not hearing about Maura or my response to it?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

EFO had a run-in with the hospital today. She's OK but dude. Stressful. Sigh.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 08, 2013, 03:55:35 AM

Oh, no!  Nothing too serious, I hope.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 08, 2013, 03:55:35 AM

:(

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

She had a bit of a breakdown. Suicidal ideation, self-harm, severe anxiety. I am currently in dispute with my ex over transferring her to another school that will be a healthier and more supportive environment for her.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 08, 2013, 04:13:40 AM
She had a bit of a breakdown. Suicidal ideation, self-harm, severe anxiety. I am currently in dispute with my ex over transferring her to another school that will be a healthier and more supportive environment for her.

I hope he pulls his head out of his ass and works with you on this.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 08, 2013, 04:13:40 AM

Aw.   :sad:

How old is she now?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

She'll be 15 at the end of the month. A lot of this is really normal stuff, but I'm concerned because there is a history of mental illness on his side of the family and suicide on mine, and this kind of thing, mishandled, can go really really wrong... and he means well, but tends toward authoritarianism. Despite the fact that his parents managed to fuck him up BUT GOOD with their authoritarianism.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 08, 2013, 04:28:27 AM
She'll be 15 at the end of the month. A lot of this is really normal stuff, but I'm concerned because there is a history of mental illness on his side of the family and suicide on mine, and this kind of thing, mishandled, can go really really wrong... and he means well, but tends toward authoritarianism. Despite the fact that his parents managed to fuck him up BUT GOOD with their authoritarianism.

Yeah, it's fairly normal, but also nothing to take lightly.

Nephew Twiddleton

Eek. I don't know what else to say. Sorry, Nigel.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 08, 2013, 04:42:24 AM
Thanks, guys.

Any time, Nigel.  You sound like My Tucson™ has sort of leaked up there.