News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

One of my high school friends is currently being set straight on the Illuminati by some guy named Kevin.  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

I think I talked her friends into becoming a Freemason  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

The best part, is that I would have left it at a couple of comments, but a mutual friend PMed me and said, and I quote, "Oh sweet Jesus keep egging her on! I love it."

I had to oblige. He's not even Discordian. 8)

LMNO

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 08, 2013, 04:13:40 AM
She had a bit of a breakdown. Suicidal ideation, self-harm, severe anxiety. I am currently in dispute with my ex over transferring her to another school that will be a healthier and more supportive environment for her.

Yowch.  Sorry to hear that, Nigel.  I'm sure you can give her the support she needs to find her center.

LMNO

My future sister-in-law just posted:

"Never be afraid to try something new!!! Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic!!!!"

I'm putting this here because I'm trying really, really hard to be a nice guy and not point out that this doesn't stand up to even mild scrutiny.  But I had to YARGANARG somewhere.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 08, 2013, 03:58:53 PM

"Never be afraid to try something new!!! Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic!!!!"

I'm putting this here because I'm trying really, really hard to be a nice guy and not point out that this doesn't stand up to even mild scrutiny.  But I had to YARGANARG somewhere.

It made me chuckle. Appreciated.

Cain

You know who else was an amateur?

Hitler, that's who.

LMNO

I have no idea why that makes me laugh, every time.

Cain

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition a rogue Hitler comparison!

East Coast Hustle

So I haven't been around for, oh, a month or so. Things are weird. Mostly good, but weird. Partly I was gone because I tend to turn into a recluse when I go into BROKE HO mode, and partly because I needed to change up my headspace a bit and this place tends to make me care a little too much about shit I maybe don't need to care about quite so much. But things seem to be shaking themselves out, finally. I'll know by the end of the week whether I have a MAJOR life-changing announcement to make or whether it's time to dedicate the next couple of years to the rabbit hole.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 08, 2013, 06:05:16 PM
So I haven't been around for, oh, a month or so. Things are weird. Mostly good, but weird. Partly I was gone because I tend to turn into a recluse when I go into BROKE HO mode, and partly because I needed to change up my headspace a bit and this place tends to make me care a little too much about shit I maybe don't need to care about quite so much. But things seem to be shaking themselves out, finally. I'll know by the end of the week whether I have a MAJOR life-changing announcement to make or whether it's time to dedicate the next couple of years to the rabbit hole.

BEst of luck either way man.

Cain

Good to have you back.

And since this is a Whiskey Bar, I should report I'm currently enjoying a Tasmanian single malt.  It's surprisingly good.  Then again, they make fairly decent wine, so I guess I shouldn't be too shocked.  Bit peaty, but more subtle than most Islay malts.

Nephew Twiddleton

I will more likely than not be offline for the remainder of the day.

The dumbphone knows what water feels like.

It also knows what rice feels like.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2013, 06:10:04 PM
Good to have you back.

And since this is a Whiskey Bar, I should report I'm currently enjoying a Tasmanian single malt.  It's surprisingly good.  Then again, they make fairly decent wine, so I guess I shouldn't be too shocked.  Bit peaty, but more subtle than most Islay malts.

I didn't know such a creature existed. Now I must figure out how to get my hands on some.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 08, 2013, 03:58:53 PM

Ahahahaha

Oh my god.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."