News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 08, 2013, 06:05:16 PM
So I haven't been around for, oh, a month or so. Things are weird. Mostly good, but weird. Partly I was gone because I tend to turn into a recluse when I go into BROKE HO mode, and partly because I needed to change up my headspace a bit and this place tends to make me care a little too much about shit I maybe don't need to care about quite so much. But things seem to be shaking themselves out, finally. I'll know by the end of the week whether I have a MAJOR life-changing announcement to make or whether it's time to dedicate the next couple of years to the rabbit hole.

It's good to hear from you dude! I hope all turns out well, whether life-changing or not.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm sorry to keep being so whiny, but god. I seem to have some kind of watered-down version of the three week flu that's been going around. Coincided RIGHT with the beginning of term, and needing to get a whole lot done. And stuff.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 08, 2013, 08:14:03 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2013, 06:10:04 PM
Good to have you back.

And since this is a Whiskey Bar, I should report I'm currently enjoying a Tasmanian single malt.  It's surprisingly good.  Then again, they make fairly decent wine, so I guess I shouldn't be too shocked.  Bit peaty, but more subtle than most Islay malts.

I didn't know such a creature existed. Now I must figure out how to get my hands on some.

Hellyers Road.  If you hit up The Whiskey Exchange they might still have a few bottles going, and as I understand it, their costs for shipping to the US are considerably lower than most.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My dog badly needs to go running. I will not have anything remotely resembling a chance to take her running until Saturday. This makes for an unhappy dog and an unhappy me.

Suu

Doing the whole self-employed small business tax rigamarole.

Christ. This shit sucks.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Boiler's shooting raw gas out of the stack.
Tunnel Kiln #3's logic is all fucked up.
Year end shit is due.

...And the new safety tech is insisting that we do a job risk analysis on everything we do, including working at a desk.

:lulz:

Doktor's prescription:  Fill out a JRA on taking a shit.

Hazards:  Ate vindaloo last night.

Proposed solutions:  Full chemical suit with ass cut out.  Send samples to lab via safety tech.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

With any luck, you can get your toilet Superfund Cleanup funds.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 09, 2013, 05:52:09 PM
With any luck, you can get your toilet Superfund Cleanup funds.

Funding priority goes to my ass.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

I can't remember being this busy at this job.

Which sucks.  My Slack™ is suffering.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 09, 2013, 06:15:19 PM
Tell me about it.

I'd never stop.

*cue hysterical laughter*

I have something I've really been wanting to write, but there's no time.  I can't get more than 5 minutes to myself, either here or at home.  BUT THAT'S WHY THEY MAKE PILLS.  EVERYTHING IS FINE!  UNNNNNG!

LMNO

It's enough to drive a man into looking at the world through the bottom of a glass.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 09, 2013, 06:20:38 PM
It's enough to drive a man into looking at the world through the bottom of a glass.

Again, I'd never stop. 

Now I know how Guererro must feel all the time.  He was one of the guys in the band, if you recall, the one that couldn't stop singing.

Cain

Back to work.  Still getting used to these new shift times.  The idea of having half the day free, and being able to sleep in, is a rather nice one.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 09, 2013, 05:48:32 PM
Boiler's shooting raw gas out of the stack.
Tunnel Kiln #3's logic is all fucked up.
Year end shit is due.

...And the new safety tech is insisting that we do a job risk analysis on everything we do, including working at a desk.

:lulz:

Doktor's prescription:  Fill out a JRA on taking a shit.

Hazards:  Ate vindaloo last night.

Proposed solutions:  Full chemical suit with ass cut out.  Send samples to lab via safety tech.

On a vaugely related note, today I handed out toxic gas escape sets to humanoids around Baron Greenback.

The Baroni appears to have spent the last several years eating liquid shit. The doors to that section of the offices are a marvel to watch. People have all sorts of ways to steel themselves against the impeding stench. The clenched Jaw. The big deep breath long enough to hopefully accomplish everything required in his domain under a single exhalation. The softly muttered "Oh fuck".

You learn a lot watching that door.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.