News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So, the scrubber tank on top of the cracking tower.  Operations tried to turn the pumps back on. 

:lulz:

"It was Joe Doake's job to drain it when we shut down for the freeze!"

"NUH UH!  IT WAS YOUR JOB!"

As the horrible rain of acid, soda ash, water, and fiberglass continues to drizzle down 95 feet from where the tank was.

TGRR,
Doesn't have to talk to the EPA/ADEQ/PDEQ/Fire Marshall/etc, because it really ISN'T *my* responsibility.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Who does your hiring, the Keystone Kops?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 16, 2013, 07:21:45 PM

Pretty much.  But I expect most places are like this.  Difference being, we don't blow up half the city when we fuck the doggie.

On the plus side, that tank WAS due to be replaced next month.  Now it just gets done a little sooner.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 16, 2013, 07:23:10 PM

Pretty much.  But I expect most places are like this.  Difference being, we don't blow up half the city when we fuck the doggie.

On the plus side, that tank WAS due to be replaced next month.  Now it just gets done a little sooner.

WHY, SOITENLY!

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wuli Fufu on January 16, 2013, 07:31:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 16, 2013, 07:23:10 PM

WHY, SOITENLY!

NYUK NYUK NYUK

This place is the PERFECT illustration of the 21st century.  I'll never leave.

Freeky

Erh.  MAHGERB.  Roger, I think your plant would destroy half of pima county if you weren't there to hold it together.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on January 16, 2013, 08:21:03 PM
Erh.  MAHGERB.  Roger, I think your plant would destroy half of pima county if you weren't there to hold it together.

I'm curious about the pre-Roger body count, too.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Just stopped another would-be fight in progress.

Plus side: no-one got glassed in the face.

Minus side: actually done by and to our students, meaning I'll have to do Paperwork...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on January 16, 2013, 08:21:03 PM

Actually, it just didn't work 70% of the time.

We are an engine of research and development.  When "profits" are mentioned, everyone laughs...Except Jim, who goes in the bathroom to throw up.

Richter

Your plants wields the toys of gods, and stumbles into all the ways to give the life expectancy of "Playmobil" product on a gas grill.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

So I finally started working on that demo I'm releasing in two weeks.   :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am looking at my Post-It of Perpetual Change and observing that I have 13 lower-division classes to go, even though as of this term I have 59 credits, and it is occurring to me that I probably did not plan this out very well.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually, once I account for my minor it all makes sense because six of those classes are for my minor.

OK I'm cool. Whew.

On the other hand if I skip the minor I only have seven classes left. But skipping the minor would be DUMB. So I guess I'll try to knock out my transfer degree requirements in the next two terms and then start taking my upper-division psych classes at PSU while finishing up the chemistry I need for my minor at PCC.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH FUCK YEAH I just looked and I think I wrote down all that chemistry because I was thinking about the biology major, I don't need it for a minor at all.

I don't appear to need physics either, so fuck that. It would be interesting, but I'm feeling a little goal-oriented, here.