News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Looks like I'm doing pretty decently in the class I was worried about. He waited until recently do to a buttload of grading, and all my homework fell into the period he was waiting on. Luckily, he only counts your highest seven and I will have done eight. I should be pulling an A on that part.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

EK WAFFLR

Finished recording vocals for the 'ex track', which has been titled 'She gave my heart to the Cenobites'.
If you want to hear it when I have mixed it, lemme know. LMNO? Nigel? Garbo? Twid? Anyone else?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Sita

Went for a walk down to the store.
Feet are sore as hell but brain is no longer riding a roller coaster.

Still want to destroy something though. Hmm..
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Juana

Quote from: The Waffler on December 04, 2012, 09:42:10 PM
Finished recording vocals for the 'ex track', which has been titled 'She gave my heart to the Cenobites'.
If you want to hear it when I have mixed it, lemme know. LMNO? Nigel? Garbo? Twid? Anyone else?
Down to give it a listen!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Waffler on December 04, 2012, 09:42:10 PM

Yes please!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Lenin McCarthy

There's a Christian group at my school. They've existed for several months and I haven't noticed until now. Apparently they hold weekly prayer meetings. Makes me want to put up posters:

CAMPUS CRUSADE FOR CTHULHU

Sacrifice session!
Wednesday at 11.35, Room B114

Please bring a friend.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on December 04, 2012, 11:16:13 PM
There's a Christian group at my school. They've existed for several months and I haven't noticed until now. Apparently they hold weekly prayer meetings. Makes me want to put up posters:

CAMPUS CRUSADE FOR CTHULHU

Sacrifice session!
Wednesday at 11.35, Room B114

Please bring a friend.

Is that the room they meet in?

Cain

Oh my.  Changes to the Royal Succession agreed.

Now the little girls of the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family tree will also inherit vast amounts of wealth, titular leadership of a nation and undeclared but very real private influence, should they be born first.  How delightfully progressive.  Our monarchy is now equal opportunities, and that's what is really important.  It practically oozes egalitarianism, because that's what we in Britain are about.

Suu

Well, having a queen for 700 years can do that. I'm guessing they're getting ready for the WillKateling? On the bright side, she's NOT royalty, so the odds of it looking like a Windsor are low, unless the genetics are that strong.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

The news has been non-stop, ever since the announcement.  It's just as well I don't watch TV, else I'd probably go mental by now.

This particular farce, the succession business, reminds me of the (mostly futile) effort to get the Church of England to be nice to Women and The Gaze.  It's a church.  Forgive me for being so blunt, but oppressing gays and women is what it does.  It's like complaining Hitler doesn't hire enough Jews to work at the Nazi Party HQ.

Complaining about the Royal Line of Succession being sexist is exactly like that. 

Meanwhile, I am sniping all the things.  I'm finding I quite enjoy the Viper - it's light, the recoil is minimal, and if you get in a headshot you can take out most basic troopers.  Not that it matters if you can't - you get six shots to a clip, so just unload until it stops moving.  Throwing it on an Asari Infiltrator and using Dark Channel to stagger the enemy momentarily is working really well - 20 headshots a game and 75+ kills can't be wrong - so I dread to think what this thing could do on Baby's First Sniper, or, god forbid, the Geth Infiltrator.

Suu

A member of the 501st took the flag of Nazi Germany and covered the swastika with the Imperial cog from Star Wars.

He wants me to explain to him why this is a "bad" thing.  :eek:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Suu on December 05, 2012, 04:20:48 AM
A member of the 501st took the flag of Nazi Germany and covered the swastika with the Imperial cog from Star Wars.

As in the swastika is still visible, or it is not present?

Suu

Quote from: American Jackal on December 05, 2012, 04:26:50 AM
Quote from: Suu on December 05, 2012, 04:20:48 AM

As in the swastika is still visible, or it is not present?

No, but it's the red flag with black and white stripes.  And he's trying to tell me in IM that it's a "coincidence."

My ass.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4482979785176&set=a.1130773622117.2019430.1010521356&type=1&theater

Don Coyote

Ya, that is too strong of a resemblance.

Suu

Like I said, I refuse to believe that it was just a coincidence. Even with the one he claims he "based" his off of, the stripes aren't EXACTLY LIKE A FUCKING NAZI FLAG.