News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Oh, and now it's okay, because Communists killed more than Nazis.

Phew, I was worried there for a minute. I guess I'll just turn the Rebel Alliance flag into the fucking STARS AND BARS BECAUSE COMMUNISTS KILLED MORE PEOPLE THAN THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Suu on December 05, 2012, 04:34:08 AM
Like I said, I refuse to believe that it was just a coincidence. Even with the one he claims he "based" his off of, the stripes aren't EXACTLY LIKE A FUCKING NAZI FLAG.

And the use of red as the field doesn't help his case much either.

Suu

Oh fuck it, it's a public post. Let's rip him. The Stars and Bars are "okay" too, because the Civil War wasn't racist.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Don Coyote

I'd love, but I can't.
And the Civil War has it's basis in the racist policy of enslaving a group of people based on the color of their skin as the foundation for a agrarian economy. To say it wasn't about slavery is to miss the point of the events that lead up to the succession and formation of the Confederacy. That idiot is somehow conflating the idea that the Civil War wasn't originally about FREEING the slaves, and the idea that the institution of slavery was at the root of the problems between the North and South.

Aucoq

Man, I've seen people try to defend the actions of the Confederacy... But defending the Confederacy and Nazi Germany?  That guy's head must explode every time he sees someone who's not white.

I feel bad for the guy who actually made the banner.  It sounds like the similarities with a Nazi banner are purely coincidental.  It was probably an unconscious connection when he was trying to think of something that'd represent an "evil empire."  And now he has a racist tool defending something he never meant to say in the first place.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Suu

The arguer is from Oklahoma.

The flag-designer is from Texas.

I don't think they give two fucking shits in any argument I could make, because I'm a "yank" and they wouldn't mind, "Hacking at me." I'd tell them I grew up in Florida, but they'll get pissed, and call me "not really Southern." Which is fine, but in actuality they say that because Florida was never formally taken by the Union. Tallahassee was the only Confederate capital never taken. So, Confederate sympathizers get pretty uppity about that, while Floridians can give a legit middle finger to them. Truth is, no one wanted to fight in Florida. Not that I blame them...

The inevitable "Nazism and Communism are the same thing" argument has been made. I'm dealing with morons. I need to leave this before I bust an artery.

Aucoq

Quote from: Suu on December 05, 2012, 05:11:18 AM

Ah, that makes perfect sense then. 
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Sita

Holy Hell people. I start reading threads and seeing holist making sense and actually having civil conversations. I start thinking that something finally clicked in him but then start noticing the slight differences...

You are making my head hurt. It's too damned early in the morning to have to try and figure out this shit  :argh!:
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Cain

Deeply annoyed.

Turns out our thief is not being expelled.  Great.  The choice is simple: he goes, or I do.  He stole the master keys for three buildings.  Thousands of people's property was put at risk by his actions.  He clearly doesn't care about the property of others or respecting the building management.

So he goes, or I start applying for other jobs.

Aucoq

Quote from: Cain on December 05, 2012, 12:29:55 PM
Deeply annoyed.

Turns out our thief is not being expelled.  Great.  The choice is simple: he goes, or I do.  He stole the master keys for three buildings.  Thousands of people's property was put at risk by his actions.  He clearly doesn't care about the property of others or respecting the building management.

So he goes, or I start applying for other jobs.

Wow.  If that doesn't get you kicked out I don't want to imagine what it'd take.  What's their excuse for keeping him there?

EK WAFFLR

What the hell is wrong with people at your workplace, Cain? That's fucked up.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Suu

Quote from: holιst on December 05, 2012, 05:25:52 AM
Quote from: Suu on December 05, 2012, 05:11:18 AM

Ah, that makes perfect sense then.

I gave up. They started inviting their friends in and I got attacked via messages. I really hope someone drops a bomb on Texas, first.

Cain

Oh, apparently it was a "spur of the moment" thing and he only wanted to access an off-limits area to younger students.

Well that's just fine and dandy, isn't it?  Never mind he apparently has all the self-control and impulsiveness of...well, a career criminal.   He didn't have bad intentions, besides, you know, stealing.  That'll all be great, the next time he gives into his compulsions and decides to steal something else.

Goddamn hippie school run by idiots, that's the problem.  I'm going to see if I can prevail on the building manager, who isn't part of the school and is from Scotland and thus sensible, to kick him out.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Suu on December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 04, 2012, 02:43:00 PM
And the bridges.

I'm certain you mean the Portland bridges, although the East Coast bridges are pretty fierce. The Mount Hope will fucking ANYTHING on a windy day, especially when they have only one lane open (on a 2-lane 80-90 year old suspension bridge) and you're on a bus.  :horrormirth:

I think the West Coast has superior bridges, though.

If you think our bridges are bad, you should see our drainage tunnels.

Okay, I say "see" and you think of things you can actually apprehend with your eyeballs. What I'm talking about is an impenetrable darkness, a deep cylindrical vault of pitch black that ends in a hole that if you fall into, lies certain death. Imagine drowning in a confined space devoid of light, very near many people a few yards above you, but too far removed for anyone to remotely hear your screams unless you happen to be boating on the Willamette.

If you're lucky, some well-to-do boaters will say, "Did you hear someone shriek?" And, "Why that's awful, if only I could tell where that faint but horrific cry originated from...."

At least in the Shanghai Tunnels the point was to capture you alive.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Aucoq

Quote from: Suu on December 05, 2012, 12:52:05 PM
I gave up. They started inviting their friends in and I got attacked via messages. I really hope someone drops a bomb on Texas, first.

Wow.  Who would've thought suggesting the Confederacy and Nazi Germany weren't good would have such a backlash.  At this point I'm willing to be killed by a bomb if it means taking out this state with me.  :lol:

Quote from: Cain on December 05, 2012, 12:54:19 PM
Oh, apparently it was a "spur of the moment" thing and he only wanted to access an off-limits area to younger students.

Well that's just fine and dandy, isn't it?  Never mind he apparently has all the self-control and impulsiveness of...well, a career criminal.   He didn't have bad intentions, besides, you know, stealing.  That'll all be great, the next time he gives into his compulsions and decides to steal something else.

Goddamn hippie school run by idiots, that's the problem.  I'm going to see if I can prevail on the building manager, who isn't part of the school and is from Scotland and thus sensible, to kick him out.

That sounds exactly like the kind of bullshit excuse a school would come up with too.   :lol:

I have to hand it to you guys who put up with kids like that.  I honestly couldn't do it. 

A guy started teaching at my old high school this year.  It was his first year of teaching ever.  Straight out of college.  Well, halfway through the semester they put him on leave because a female student said she had an "inappropriate relationship" with him.  They ended up investigating to see if they should press charges against him.  But, it turns out, the girl admitted she lied about it.  Apparently she just didn't like the teacher and wanted him gone (screw the fact that such a claim could ruin his life).  He hasn't returned since.  I can't say I blame him.